Kyyle23
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Kobe: I have had no rivals in my career, all I am doing is chasing history
-
Alex Rios
GODDAMNIT ADAM DUNN STARTED PLAYING BOCCE BALL IN THE OFFSEASON AND SUCKED! THE SEASON IS OVER!!
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Watching Lebrons postgame interview, it kind of looks like the criticism is starting to get to him.
-
Arch Madness begins
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 04:37 PM) Thursday, March 1 Game 1 - Indiana St. 66 vs. SIU 51 Game 2 - Drake 65 vs. Bradley 49 Friday, March 2 Game 3 - Wichita St. 72 vs. Indiana St 48 Game 4 - Illinois St. 54 vs. Northern Iowa 42 Game 5 - Creighton 68 vs Drake 61 Game 6 - Evansville 72 vs. Missouri St. 64 Saturday, March 3 Game 7 - Wichita St vs. Illinois St 1:35 p.m. Game 8 - Creighton vs. Evansville, 4:05 p.m. Sunday, March 4 Game 9 - Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 1:05 p.m.
-
Arch Madness begins
Thursday, March 1 Game 1 - Indiana St. 66 vs. SIU 51 Game 2 - Drake 65 vs. Bradley 49 Friday, March 2 Game 3 - Wichita St. 72 vs. Indiana St 48 Game 4 - Illinois St. 54 vs. Northern Iowa 42 (halftime) Game 5 - Creighton (25-5) vs. Winner Game 2, 6:05 p.m. Game 6 - Evansville (15-14) vs. Missouri St. (16-15), 8:35 p.m. Saturday, March 3 Game 7 - Wichita St vs. Illinois St 1:35 p.m. Game 8 - Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 4:05 p.m. Sunday, March 4 Game 9 - Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 1:05 p.m. First upset of the tournament, UNI goes down
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 04:06 PM) The super-high internet standards rear their ugly heads again. I guess my only response is, "k". My wife watches those trashy Kardashian shows, and one picture of her all glammed up doesnt change the fact that she is not attractive. I dont normally jump on people for who they find attractive, I just found this surprising from you, thats all. FWIW, your wife shames KK
-
Arch Madness begins
Thursday, March 1 Game 1 - Indiana St. 66 vs. SIU 51 Game 2 - Drake 65 vs. Bradley 49 Friday, March 2 Game 3 - Wichita St. 72 vs. Indiana St 48 Game 4 - Illinois St. 21 vs. Northern Iowa 25 (halftime) Game 5 - Creighton (25-5) vs. Winner Game 2, 6:05 p.m. Game 6 - Evansville (15-14) vs. Missouri St. (16-15), 8:35 p.m. Saturday, March 3 Game 7 - Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 1:35 p.m. Game 8 - Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 4:05 p.m. Sunday, March 4 Game 9 - Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 1:05 p.m.
-
Arch Madness begins
I cant believe SIU had the balls to eat that remaining 1.5 million on Lowery's contract, but they did it and I am happy
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:53 PM) pretty hot =/= girl of my dreams pretty hot =/= Khloe Kardashian
-
Braun tests postitive for PEDs
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:40 PM) Braun is an idiot. The guys who just go away are the ones we forget about... if Braun makes no statement no one is talking about this. Think Andy Pettitte. It's the guys who fight it, who scream from the rafters, or who go on 20/20, those are the guys who get destroyed in the court of public opinion and never forgiven. ie. Roger Clemens
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:43 PM) Khloe's dropped a decent amount of the chub, bro. brown bagger, bro
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:39 PM) The hell? I thought the same thing. WTF is this site coming to when you run into "Snooki is the girl of my dreams" and "Khloe Kardashian is pretty hot" posts within the same week. Time to clean house
-
Sox spring training Catch All thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 02:16 PM) Does it help me if I add that I have zero problem if either Castro or Axelrod wind up in the bullpen this year? It's not just saying that all pitchers who are starters should stay starters, I'd say it's also paying attention to what has happened to people in their careers, where they are, how they've been developed, etc. Stewart and Molina...these guys need innings. They haven't had them before. You put them in the bullpen then you might as well keep them there. Sale in the bullpen last year...I thought it was a mistake, but I at least get the reasoning...that's an "All in" kinda move...maybe sacrificing his career as a starter to try to win the division. We'll see what the cost was in a year or two with him. Castro and Axelrod, those are guys who if they can start getting guys out in the pen, you might think that they would then be better able to translate back to getting guys out in the rotation if you need to move them there. Castro, for example, has had over 500 innings in the minors at this point and hasn't even finished a full year of AAA, and was probably signed as a pticher out of the dominican. Axelrod has had 475 innings in the minors and was probably a college pitcher before that. Those are guys whose arms are at least built up. If you move around them, then you don't necessarily worry as much about whether their arms can take it, because they've been conditioned to take it a lot longer than the recent converts. How do you know Molina's arm isnt built up? You are doing a tremendous amount of projecting in regards to Molina here. Santos succeeded because he had a god-given great arm. When he was a SS, he was throwing 95+ to the first baseman all the time. These guys throw their entire lives. I understand a starters workload is different than what a SS does on a normal basis, but at the same time you act as if Molina never picked up a ball in his life and we all expect him to throw 200 innings this season. This is not the case, I would love to see Molina get some work in a regular starters routine, but if the Sox feel building up his arm gradually by putting him in the bullpen first is a good course of action, i am not going to complain about it because it didnt work out for McCarthy. If Molina gets quality time in the bigs this season, then goes and pitches winterball as a starter in anticipation of being in the rotation 2013, I dont view this as a bad thing. He needs to know how to succeed at the highest level eventually, maybe he is more ready than any of us know.
-
2012 Films Thread
I liked Carrey playing the Riddler, but I thought Tommy Lee Jones was just a waste as two face, he basically wasnt in the movie but for a few lines. I didnt like the glam look of the movie either, especially the end in the Riddlers little island.
-
Braun tests postitive for PEDs
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 01:42 PM) Has it ever come out why Braun's name was released when it was supposed to be secret? Is it supposed to be secret only through the arbitration process? We found out about Manny immediately pretty much both times he got busted.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 11:15 AM) That sounds like a class that paid real dividends. f***ing college. It was a fascinating class. It looked into a lot of the little indicators in commercials and movies that make your mind turn, it made you think about tv in a very different way. This was a small part of the class, and it focused on how Schumacher used sex to sell Batman. Particularly homosexuality, because of the Batman/Robin dynamic and the way it was presented both in the 50s(hey Robin, whats with the green underwear and tan tights?) and the Batman Forever and especially Batman and Robin costumes(nipples, emphasis on the musculature of the upper body, the "briefs" part of the costume which was basically a metal jockstrap). It was a much more in depth class than you think
-
Arch Madness begins
I commend your use of a quote from The Princess Bride
-
Arch Madness begins
QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 11:23 AM) Which means it will happen, since you predict it won't. Truth
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
I like Wallace, but I think he is a wrong fit for the Bears. Cutler needs a big body to throw to, I see Wallace as a clone of Bennett(albeit, faster), Cutler needs a jackson/colston type, someone like Marshall who will give him the height to throw a sideline pass to. Colston worries me, both for his injury problems and the fact that he has one of the most accurate and insane passers in the NFL throwing to him. I would prefer VJax.
-
Sox spring training Catch All thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 07:57 AM) Did anyone catch the ESPN Magazine article with Brandon McCarthy talking about how screwed up having to pitch out of the bullpen in 2006 made him? There is no handbook of how to handle a pitcher, so stop trying to pigeonhole every Sox pitcher into a certain IP program. There have been plenty of pitchers that have succeeded out of the bullpen and have moved on to very successful starting careers(Johan, Wainwright, Buehrle), plenty that have gone back and forth (Papelbon, Lowe), and plenty that have been successful going from starting to bullpen(Isringhausen, Eckersley, Reardon, Gossage). Every player is different. Of course there is a chance molina could fail. Sticking him in the minors and saying "that's how it is supposed to be because McCarthy got f***ed up" isn't the best way to handle every pitcher. If Coop thinks Molina can handle the transition, I won't be upset
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 09:01 AM) The makers of Batman Forever and Batman + Robin should be arrested for crimes against humanity. I thought Batman Returns was ok. I watched it the other day and it holds up ok. That would be Joel Schumacher. He drew all of his inspiration from bondage videos and the 50's show with West and Burton. And I'm not kidding about the bondage videos, I took a visual literacy class in college where we went over the costumes and the videos that inspired them.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:44 AM) Falcons have applied the franchise tag to free agent CB Brent Grimes. Sounds like Cortland Finnegan and Cliff Avril are next. Avril already was talking about how he didnt want that to happen, was hinting at holding out. Doubtful, considering the repercussions
-
Braun tests postitive for PEDs
Brauns Attorney criticizes sample collector He got away with it because of the day the sample was shipped. LOOP. HOLE.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:36 AM) If the Bears can grab Jackson or Colston, that puts them in a position where spending the 2nd rounder on a WR makes sense and they can look for a value guy or guy who dropped at that spot. I would look to draft my #1 before I would sign my #1 from FA. I cant imagine the Bears have a solid plan yet, there is a lot of free agency contingencies
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
I preferably would like to see the Bears package on of their multiple third round picks with the 19th pick to move up and take Floyd, and then focus on someone like Jackson or Colston. I wouldnt want to see the loss of the first round pick either. Of course, the Bears could play semi conservative and wait for Jeffery/Sanu/Wright in the second round as well. I really thought Jeffery was going to be a high pick, but his weight and reluctance to run for scouts is really pushing his value down