Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2014 -> 06:36 PM) The whole problem IMO is the term "value", especially since most of the value is determined by guys like McShay and Kiper. Long wasn't considered a value pick, yet he turned out OK, and eventually might be one of their better picks when it is all said and done. His dad said he wouldn't have been on the board much longer. That could have been. Dad talking or a guy with some good info. I do like listening to Polian. He obviously knew what he was doing. But he doesn't seem to want to argue with the other guys and I think because he was one, ripping another GMs draft isn't going to be something he is comfortable with. I can imagine it is uncomfortable. We look at raw numbers in strength and speed on these guys, but the crapshoot really is the character and drive. People saw Russell as a freak at his position with question marks, but could you really predict that he would literally be the size of a lineman within 2 years of being drafted?
  2. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    http://youtu.be/uPE2oBnzROY
  3. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2014 -> 05:37 PM) I have tried to google it but all i ever come up with is how McShay and Kiper do on accuracy of their mock drafts. Does anyone know of any place that shows how accurate they are with their rankings of players overall as far as how they actually perform in the NFL? Every once in a while deadspin will come out with a article showing how a certain draft analyst did a few years after a draft, but it is so hard because it takes a while to truly assess a draft. There were a few gems I read on deadspin last week, like Mel Kiper claiming that Jamarcus Russell would be a better qb than Jon Elway
  4. Bench De Aza for ......I don't know
  5. @scottmerkin: Robin was angry postgame over lackluster showing @scottmerkin: RV: "Pretty uninspired by us all the way through. It started from the first play of the game and continued on and it stunk ... @scottmerkin: More RV: ... pretty much the whole thing. Hector pitched a heck of a game to at least give us a chance, everything else stunk." @scottmerkin: RV: "Something is going to happen. I don’t know what yet, but something."
  6. The game thread isn't up yet and I guess it applies to CSN, I was looking at my guide to see when the Sox game was on, and the pre-game has a random year applied to it
  7. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2014 -> 10:11 PM) Real talk here. Can Sam actually play football? I don't give a s*** that he's gay. Good for him. Can he play? Or is this another spectacle? He is limited, but he can be explosive. Kind of a tweener, but I suspect Fisher will find creative ways to use him
  8. It was crazy how bmac fell apart. I thought he was gonna cruise all game, then it all fell apart
  9. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2014 -> 05:33 PM) Choking VDN? You didn't know that Paxson and VDN got into a fight, and Pax grabbed VDN by the tie and basically choked him with it? This is the nice version that came out immediately after it happened http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-04...bulls-spokesman
  10. You know it's a bomb when you never actually see the ball land
  11. Chw42 is gonna get another new avatar gif
  12. @BradBiggs: I am told #Bears are drafting LSU DT Ego Ferguson with 51st overall pick in 2nd round.
  13. Rienzo throwing kind of hard tonite. I have seen a few 92s and 93s
  14. QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2014 -> 05:00 PM) Watkins was clearly the best WR in the draft, I do not know how that equals "worse day". I guess we will agree to disagree. I wouldn't say clearly. IMO Benjamin will be a better pro
  15. Someone go wake up the gimp
  16. QUOTE (raBBit @ May 9, 2014 -> 04:45 PM) You should continue posting I like what you've been adding in recently. I first checked out SoxTalk in 2010 but WSI had way more activity then. Can't say the same nowadays. Teasers?? There will be a joust competition, freestyle rap competition, and wite will be auctioned off for a date
  17. QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:07 PM) On Theo: There are a lot of GM's who can succeed if given either time or resources. In Boston, he had the resources (PED's included). With the Cubs he has time and a LOT of it. You know, the organizations that have used the "time" rebuild really didnt come out better for it. It took the Pirates what, 25 years? The Royals still havent been in the playoffs. The Astros dont look any better for it. And you are kidding yourself if you think Theo has a lot of time. He has HAD a lot of time, and the on field results have gotten bad, and the natives are getting restless. Sveum was offered as a sacrifice, but eventually the fans and owner will turn their attention to the planners if things dont start to change.
  18. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:42 PM) Why do they need to? They have Thibs under contract. They can keep quiet and let a bidding war start. If you're GarPax and a team like the Lakers would give you their lottery pick + maybe take Boozer of your hands for Thibs and something else, wouldn't you have to think hard about it? Coaches improve teams in the regular season. Stars win playoff games. If you don't have the talent, you're not winning, no matter how good your coach is. That's been proven year after year, so why would the Bulls put coaching first if they could land another potential all-star/superstar? By all accounts, Melo wants to play for Thibs. So, if you move Thibs, then you lose your chance at that star. If that doesnt bother you, then by all means, let him go. But lets be honest, this front office has done itself no favors in the ways they have handled management. Ron Adams being let go, the contentious nature with Thibs, choking VDN, Skiles leaving, Cartwright firing. It has been really ugly. So, if it blows up with one of the highly regarded coaches in the league, then you are risking nobody wanting to come coach this team, which will also lead to not many players wanting to play in Chicago(which is already a problem). This team isnt the Lakers. They cant afford to consistently put their worst foot forward and hope for the best.
  19. QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:19 PM) I watched that John Cena documentary on network. His schedule is crazy. I could never do it. Much respect. He is mr Make-A-Wish. He never turns it down
  20. I would say "Why dont the Bulls FO just come out and say he is unavailable so this nonsense can stop" But, it is the Bulls front office.
  21. QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2014 -> 01:15 PM) why not just trade up to get the top 15 player if you want value? They must have two players in mind
  22. We may not like Cena, but you have to respect the guy for how much effort he puts forth being the face of the WWE product. If what she wrote is true, Punk cant handle it.
  23. QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2014 -> 10:24 AM) That was us. I clamored for NFL Network but people didn't want to have to listen to Mariucci. He's bad but Gruden's crying for Manziel was worse than even Berman. And Ray Lewis was just spitting nonsense all day. Ray Lewis is the NFL version of the Ultimate Warrior when he talks. WTF did he just say? I dont know, but it was intense. I think he talked about the sun bleeding.
  24. What is the knock on Hageman, motor? Because the guy is a giant, isnt he?
  25. QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2014 -> 09:13 AM) So, seems we have a trend: Shea - "Football Player" who could play with his hand on the ground or as a rushing OLB Kyle Long - G for now but could play T later Kyle Fuller - "Football Player" who can play nickel now and S later Personally I'd rather grab people who have specialized at a position. I'm not thrilled with Fuller, I'd rather have traded down if available. I really wanted Donald and unfortunately the worst city in the world struck again. I havent heard that much, not nearly as much as "will replace Peanut"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.