Kyyle23
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Information on Sale's start tmrw in Charlotte
- 2014 Cubs Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 16, 2014 -> 03:32 PM) Mully and Hanley I don't catch him often but the two times I have he brings some very valid points as to how this rebuild has gained zero traction. He has no blind cubbie faith which is odd for any cubs beat writer. He is the one pounding the fact that Ricketts has no money and the rebuild is hurting because of it.- 2014 Films Thread
Fun movie, very respectful of the originals. Aaron Taylor-Johnson was flat, but nbd to me- 2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 16, 2014 -> 09:22 AM) Godzilla getting some pretty good reviews. I wanna see this one at IMAX 3D. Going to see it in a half hour- 2014 Video game thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 16, 2014 -> 12:13 PM) I imagine the Spider-Man rights would be worth at least a billion. Pocket change for Disney- 2014-2015 NFL Football thread
- NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:47 AM) So it's officially the exact same conference finals as last year except plus Russell Westbrook? Wow, such an interesting, engrossing, unpredictable league. Let's be honest here, if you were expecting unpredictable, you were following the wrong league. The NBA always has the same cast of characters in the playoffs, and occasionally an understudy makes an appearance- Beckham feels no added pressure from Semien/Johnson
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:38 AM) Am I the only one left that thinks Gordon will be shipped off at the deadline? I think he will if the right deal comes along. I don't think he will be moved for a rios type package- Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:28 AM) I'm going to start calling you De Aza My slide was de aza-esque for sure. Hesitated running to third and when I went to slide my cleat stuck and I popped up. If I never hesitated I would have had the base easy- Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2014 -> 11:14 PM) Wow, I wish I can play in your league. All of my doubles and triples would turn into home runs. New ball So we are back down to 375. It seriously changes every year We lost again last night, 18-15. I went 3/4 with 2 doubles and a single. As well as a terribly embarrassing base running error that cost us a run- Jose Abreu general discussion
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 15, 2014 -> 08:13 PM) You almost never catch them talking about the Blackhawks. If ABC/ESPN had business interests in hockey, the Blackhawks would be talked about for sure. They don't have any contract to put hockey on the air in any capacity, so they bury it.- Jose Abreu general discussion
QUOTE (bmags @ May 15, 2014 -> 05:07 PM) Yes, but media coverage does tend to focus on Los Angeles a lot. Yep- Reinsdorf is on Commish search committee
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 15, 2014 -> 05:17 PM) Say JR got the commissioner job, who would take over the White Sox then? Well he is part owner, so I am sure they have the power transfer lined up if something happened to him or if he moved on- Slow pitch softball thread
This is our old old ball Our game tonite is at 9:40, I will take a pic then. All of my bag balls have the writing rubbed off- Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2014 -> 03:38 PM) Are you sure it's 475? The new ASA balls are .52 cor and 300 pounds max compression. I will take a pic of it tonite, but I am pretty sure we play a hybrid ISA/ASA game.- Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2014 -> 03:35 PM) 475 pound compression? Those are HR derby balls... They can be, but once your homers are gone, you gotta make sure you keep it in the park- Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2014 -> 03:33 PM) What do those numbers mean, are you sure you're not drunk Well they mean.....im not sure i am not drunk. In reality though, the core of the ball is compressed at different rates in different leagues, depending on which ball/brand the league chooses. The harder it is, the farther it flies.- Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2014 -> 03:33 PM) Isn't it against ASA rules to use anything but regulation balls (52 cor 300 pound max compression)? The restricted balls I played with was 10 years ago when I lived and played in Carbondale. I just asked TRU because I was kind of surprised that everything was dying at the fence- Slow pitch softball thread
Our fields are 300, 3 homer limit. When I started it was 5 homer limit, which was a lot of fun. We used some crazy balls that had like 525 PSI cores. Then the next season the limit was changed and te balls changed to 385, now we are at a 475(I think. Didnt look at a ball this season yet)- Slow pitch softball thread
Limit is 1? Wow, either your field is huge or you guys have flight restricted balls- Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (TRU @ May 15, 2014 -> 02:48 PM) I can already do that though, I just want to hit one home run and then I will go back to just hitting line drives. Im just thinking maybe im not swinging correctly since im just used to baseball and not slowpitch softball. It will come. There is a slight adjustment from baseball to softball. Our third baseman had a problem last year going back and forth between Midwest Baseball League and our team, so he popped a lot of balls up in the summer, and when fall started, he began hitting bombs with regularity because baseball season was over- 2014 Video game thread
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 15, 2014 -> 01:54 PM) Damn Mario Kart 8 reviews are incredible. The complaints revolve around ...*drum roll*....online features. NOT SURPRISED. Cant wait for the 30th, it has been a while since i got out the wheel- Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (TRU @ May 15, 2014 -> 02:28 PM) I don't know about the type of ball they use I have been using a Psycho.. they have a bunch of bats, but like I said im not 100% sure about what all this softball stuff is just yet Since you are just starting, just concentrate on hitting the ball hard, not trying to hit it out of the park. I know you are a big dude, once you "get it", it will be easy for you. Once you start smoking line drives all over, the homeruns will come.- Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (TRU @ May 15, 2014 -> 01:31 PM) I am on a work team that we just started in March. This is my first time playing competitive softball, but I have played baseball for a good portion of my life so its not much different. We ended the first season 2-8, including a wonderful 34-5 loss in one of those games. I am trying to hit home runs, but I can seem to get the right swing down. Ive hit the fence a few times, and I know im plenty strong enough to get the ball out. Any of you seasoned softball players have any advice for this? I could probably bat 1.000 but I end up popping out to deepish left and left center regularly because I am trying to hit the ball out of the park. Our second season starts Sunday, hopefully we will be a little better than last season. My first question would be, does your league use flight resistant balls? and my second would be what bat are you using. Other than that, i would think your timing is just a bit off.- Official Squared Circle Thread
http://www.sescoops.com/graphic-photo-roma...wwe-live-event/ - 2014 Cubs Catch-All Thread