Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM

Featured Replies

We are the team of destiny. With our pitching and offense playing better, we are the better team. We can beat up on the Guardians.

Devil Magic Guardians are no match for God's team.

Sox in 3.

Who do you all think pitches game 1?

With the lefty heavy Guardians lineup, I'm thinking maybe we roll with Hagen and try to get 3 innings again.

“ WE'RE GONNA GET ON A PLANE AND WE'RE GONNA HEAD TO CLEVELAND, OHIO. SOMEBODY'S POURING ALCOHOL DOWN MY PANTS. AND WHAT WERE GONNA DO IS SHOW UP, PLAY WHITE SOX BASEBALL AND WE'RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS.”

- MIKE VASIL

1 minute ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Hagen and try to get 3 innings again

Give me Hagen for 5 this time.

  • Author
1 minute ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

With the lefty heavy Guardians lineup, I'm thinking maybe we roll with Hagen and try to get 3 innings again.

They could go with Hagen and Schultz if they want to lock down the lefties in a game. Schultz is obviously better against lefties based on his minor and major league splits this year.

Kay has dominated lefties as well. .505 OPS against. Those 3 pitchers will be really important this series. Edit: Kay has actually been pretty garbage the last 2 months. They'll still need to rely on him for some innings though.

Edited by ron883

6 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Who do you all think pitches game 1?

With the lefty heavy Guardians lineup, I'm thinking maybe we roll with Hagen and try to get 3 innings again.

Hagen has 100% earned the start. Nobody else even is close. In fact I'd say right now my power rankings of the staff:

Hagen, Taylor, Hicks, Fedde, Sandlin [massive drop off], Kay, Burke, Brazoban, Noah, Martin, Hudson, Newcomb

If I'm Will I'm considering a Smith to Fedde game one.

  • Author
1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hagen has 100% earned the start. Nobody else even is close. In fact I'd say right now my power rankings of the staff:

Hagen, Taylor, Hicks, Fedde, Sandlin [massive drop off], Kay, Burke, Brazoban, Noah, Martin, Hudson, Newcomb

If I'm Will I'm considering a Smith to Fedde game one.

Fedde has earned it for sure. Kay has great numbers against lefties, but he's been kind of doodoo the past 2 months. With how heavily lefty they are, I'm rolling the dice with Schultz for a couple innings. He was back up to 98 mph last outing. I think he'll surprise us with some good innings.

I’m guessing Schultz to Martin

  • Author
13 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Give me Hagen for 5 this time.

17 minutes ago, hi8is said:

“ WE'RE GONNA GET ON A PLANE AND WE'RE GONNA HEAD TO CLEVELAND, OHIO. SOMEBODY'S POURING ALCOHOL DOWN MY PANTS. AND WHAT WERE GONNA DO IS SHOW UP, PLAY WHITE SOX BASEBALL AND WE'RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS.”

- MIKE VASIL

Sure wish he hadn't said that...too late now. How did that work out for Pedro Grifol?

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hagen has 100% earned the start. Nobody else even is close. In fact I'd say right now my power rankings of the staff:

Hagen, Taylor, Hicks, Fedde, Sandlin [massive drop off], Kay, Burke, Brazoban, Noah, Martin, Hudson, Newcomb

If I'm Will I'm considering a Smith to Fedde game one.

A resurgent Newcomb would be massive for this series.

Edited by Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her

Half the game threaders are going to have heart attacks strokes , seizures or brain aneurysms.

  • Author
33 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Devil Magic Guardians are no match for God's team.

Sox in 3.

The Pope has convinced Jerry to convert!

In hindsight it wasn't so bad losing the division and getting the Wild Card series.

It got the Sox engines revved up and gave them confidence.

Hagen Smith should start every game. Followed by Fedde.

Edited by Green Line

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.