Everything posted by kev211
-
8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN
QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 04:37 PM) quick question, this has probably been answered already, but Quentin's and Uribe's homers have not counted yet, meaning after this game is completed, they both will have another homerun to her totals, right? No they have both been on the stats since that game.
-
8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 04:36 PM) Is he the guy that wasn't even on the team when this game was originally started? Someone is, at least. I don't know why this person gets to actually play today. New players on the roster can play. So Griffey can come off our bench.
-
8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN
lol gameday shows the game as being played at US Cellular
-
Can Doug Eddings work all sox games?
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 08:35 PM) LMAO Really proved me wrong with that one.
-
Chicago 2016?
QUOTE (Steff @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 10:44 AM) I agree with no to a politician also, but I also say no to MJ. Someone without dirty laundry to dig up would be a wiser choice. Today a member of either the Sox or Cubs would do. And for 2016 I'm sure a member of the 2015 World Champ White Sox will be worthy. Carlos Quentin But I thought an athlete from the USA does it and not someone who played/lived in the host city
-
Can Doug Eddings work all sox games?
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 07:12 PM) Ump's absolutely terrible blown call hands us the game. Where's all the b****ing about umpiring conspiracies against the Sox now? Where are all you guys? Also, AJ's not really a hero, he made a terrible baserunning mistake to begin with and got the benefit of a brutal call by Eddings. Even at full speed, it was pretty obvious AJ threw his arm out trying to get some sort of contact as he was dead and not going to run anymore. Please try to turn around without swinging throwing your arms out. It'll feel weird I bet. AJ was turning, and had no choice but to make contact. The call was correct.
-
2008 Beijing Summer Olympics Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 01:25 AM) Why are they showing USA vs SAF in Badminton rather then USA vs Angola in basketball? Because how often do you get to watch badminton? Badminton is awesome. I can't wait for the table tennis. Looking at the listings though the basketball game is going to be on USA at 7am(Live). So I don't really know what your talking about.
-
You've Been Barack Rolled
You should have tricked us into clicking this. Like a real rick roll
-
YOU MUST READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE THIS THREAD
I agree.
- Sox vs Cubs
-
2008 Beijing Summer Olympics Thread
QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 10:22 PM) Anyone find a good site to go to that has a decent schedule and also US Olympic rosters for every sport? Not sure why, but I am more pumped for the Olympics this year than I have been in a LONG time. www.nbcolympics.com I am watching handball right now. It's awesome.
-
Carmines vs. Sox 7:11 CT CSN
LOL is that the green jacket kid from the sunday night cubs game in the back again?
-
2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread
Jim Thome's next home run will be his 100th in a White Sox uniform.
-
HOLY s*** WHITE SOX WINNER!!
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:17 AM) LOL where are Cabrera's legs in the 2nd picture? It's wierd but I just watched the video. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/vide...71&c_id=cws Since his shirt was untucked it helps. But one leg is behind Russel and the other is out of the picture. The HD addition on the sides helped.
-
HOLY s*** WHITE SOX WINNER!!
f*** yes
-
Vote or DYE Trying
QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 12:39 AM) The two are pretty neck and neck offensively. These were the stats prior to the vote ending. JD: .298 AVE, 19 HR, 52 RBIs, 19 2B, 1 3B, 3/2 SB/CS, 26 BB, 3 SF, 0 SH, 9 GIDP EL: .281 AVE, 16 HR, 53 RBIs, 22 2B, 1 3B, 6/0 SB/CS, 33 BB, 7 SF, 0 SH, 5 GIDP Jermaine has also had 26 more plate appearances, so he's had more opportunities to gain stats (I didn't account for HBP in that). Now I wasn't ever saying that Evan deserves to be in the AS game by a landslide over Dye, but I did feel like he had the edge. This is why. Looking at their stats, the two have very very similar offensive stats. Almost to the point that you cant really say yes to either one. However, Evan has been sensational at third base this season. He's got 6 errors and a plethora of highlight real plays. Dye has made a few good sliding catches this year and has a real good arm. But with his speed and defensive abilities compared to how amazing Evan has been in the field, I had to give Longoria the vote, because in my opinion, I'd rather the All Star game feature those who deserve it, opposed to those who are more popular. And I felt Evan was more deserving. When voting started Dye had a better OBP, SLG, and OPS. Dye has better numbers.
-
Vote or DYE Trying
This is interesting.... This is on the White Sox site... This is on the Giants site... Looking at the other team's sites of the final votes this is the only "partnership." In fact the Brewers, Astros, White Sox, and Giants are the only team that have vote for their player in the banner.
-
Vote or DYE Trying
8) Which team most deserved to have seven All-Stars? 92.2% Red Sox 5.5% Neither did 1.6% Cubs 0.7% Both did lol
-
Vote or DYE Trying
QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 06:49 PM) I strongly disagree with all of you. Dye has been very good for us this year, but he does not deserve to get voted in over Longoria. The all star game is made so worthless by all the fan voting. Because the players who are more well liked (usually due to what team they're on) are the ones who become all stars, not the ones who deserve it per their performance on the year. Vote Longoria. If you vote a player in just because he plays for your team than you are just as bad as all those people who voted for the Boston/Yankee players like crazy. The all star game should be a matter of performance, not popularity. Now some could make an argument that Dye is more deserving than Longoria, if you really feel that way than vote for him. But considering that Evan started the year after Dye, and has played GG caliber defense, you gotta put him in there over JD. Jermaine's numbers are just as good as Longoria's Dye's numbers AVG = .308 HR = 19 RBI = 52 OBP = .363 SLG = .556 OPS = .919 Longoria's numbers AVG = .281 HR = 16 RBI = 52 OBP = .353 SLG = .537 OPS = .890 Dye is higher in every category there except RBI, where he is tied.
-
Fox lineup intro
QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 11:54 PM) Any one able to get the lineup reading from Swish today? I missed it and heard it was pretty funny. Anderson read off the lineup.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:06 PM) so, does GTA f*** up for every 60 gig ps3? No it works perfectly on mine
-
May/June Quotes of the Month
QUOTE(knightni @ May 12, 2007 -> 11:36 PM) So, Gooch is struggling... Does this mean that Greg Walker learned Japanese? Knight in the Juan Uribe 2 hole thread
-
Earnhardt
QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 11, 2007 -> 05:51 PM) I heard a mention today of the following taking place: - A deal between RCR and DEI that would do the following: Allow Jr to take the #8 car to RCR and in turn, Theresa Earnhardt gets the right to sell memorabilia using the #3 car likeness, which is owned by RCR. Who knows if that would ever happen but its interesting indeed. I would think that Jr. would rather drive #3
-
New OOTP League started
QUOTE(Felix @ May 9, 2007 -> 05:09 PM) The question is asking whose rosters they will be, since OOTP2007 doesn't have real players. Steve is going to have to answer that one for you.
-
New OOTP League started
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2007 -> 05:05 PM) ^^^^^^^^^ They will be '07 rosters from opening day I believe.