Everything posted by kev211
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 12:38 PM) That logic does not apply to the polls. ND fell to #8 in the coaches poll, behind both MSU and Oregon (Oregon is behind MSU which is also ridiculous). Now maybe the playoff committee will not be as influenced by the polls as I fear they will be, but ND will most definitely be behind both in the polls if they all end up with 1 loss. Only possible exception is if ND puts up double digit wins against both ASU and USC and the other teams have very close wins against bad teams. That's the only way those votes might flip. Behind Oregon but ahead of MSU in the AP.
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 12:41 PM) That's the one, it's on the new route tree. No. This is the dumbest line of reasoning in any sport for any call made involving officials. And yet you say "the call was right." Then it's made. The end. By definition, the players DID decide the game by their actions. Otherwise what you are saying is "anything goes" on this last play so "the players decide the game." BTW, I keep hearing about "he's not being impeded because he's not going anywhere." Not sure if that's actually in the rule, but to me being shoved backwards is impeding. They tried to run a pick play (or the WR was clueless on how to wait before blocking), didn't think they'd get caught or it'd get called. They were wrong this time. You could make that call on almost any screen play in any football game. It's rarely called ever, it shouldn't be called on the last play of the game especially when Robinson was going to be open no matter what.
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
If ND runs the table from here on out. They'll by far have the best loss of the non sec west teams so wouldn't they deserve the spot over MSU or Oregon?
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
The call was right. It just should've been overlooked in that situation. Let the players decide the game.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 11:41 PM) You of all people shouldn't praise someone for calling out someone for being a "fanboy" Your absolute refusal to praise apple and constant bashing is more annoying then anything in this thread. You never post anything constructive here so why do you even bother?
-
Kenny Williams a possible GM for Dodgers?
QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 11:05 PM) This is just not true. While many scouts and people around baseball questioned Abreu's bat speed and athleticism, there are also some who compared him to Pujols and Cabrera. Looking in the predictions thread on this forum, even some folks came close in their Abreu projections. Let's be honest here, KW does not have psychic ability, even he didn't see this coming from Jose. If he did, our bid would be much higher. The contract we are paying him is that of an above average first basemen. Lol. No we wouldn't. We won the bidding war, why bid more than what you need? The bids were not blind.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 05:01 PM) I thought that was a weird use case but then I thought about how when I'm on a train reading on a browser or choosing music how I'll forget to answer texts that pop up because I need to exit the app, go to the text app, answer, then return. This would be nice to just answer from a pop up screen. On ios8 you can kind of do this by swiping the notification down. I love the feel of the iPhone 6 in my hand.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 04:24 PM) I will get f***ed by this AT&T Next plan whenever I decide to get a new phone. The price for my line will go from $15 a month to $40, whether I opt in to that terrible program or not. Why ?
-
Technology catch-all thread
If I ever buy an apple watch it will be in a few years after they've worked out the kinks and developers have had some time to come up with neat ideas.
-
Technology catch-all thread
Can't get any videos or anything to load on the apple site on my iPad right now. Fine apple don't attempt to sell me your products.
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 01:50 PM) Penn State's bowl ban is lifted, they are immediately eligible for postseason play. I doubt it's a coincidence the NCAA announced this right after Ray Rice was cut, perfect timing. The announcement was planned for this date 3 months ago.
-
2014 Fantasy Football Thread
Roddy white or Julian Edelman in PPR cutler or Matt Ryan?
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 07:09 PM) First few episodes are not on the network, does not start with September 4th Mall of America premiere episode. First episode available is from November 95. The first episode of nitro is on after raw on the network. I'd assume they're saving it for that?
-
Jose Abreu does the ice bucket challenge
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 02:10 PM) I have no issues with the ice bucket challenge, nor do I have an issue with donating to ALS research, but I do want to go off topic for just a moment to plug the fact that over 10 times as many people die from prostate/breast cancer as ALS. I'm sure before this they received well over 10 times the amount of donations as well.
-
Help me buy a car for the first time!
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 10:24 PM) 14 Chevy Cruze with 15k miles for 14.5. I'm pleased. I even got up to walk out and suddenly they met my number.\ My wife and I have ridiculous credit scores. It's annoying that they fight you on everything. Yeah, idiots, I'm going to take 2.99% when the wife and I have 850 and 828 credit scores respectively. GMAFB. Enjoy that gas mileage. I bought a brand new 14 cruze in February for 18k.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Could watch those two fight for hours and not get bored.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Fire from Heyman.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
An undefeated run to WM32 would be unreal.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Unreal. Brock beating taker and now this. Whoever beats him will get one hell of a push from it.
-
Golfing Thread
I've been working on breaking 100 all summer. Usually have 2-3 disaster of holes(10 strokes or more) that do me in. But I'm slowly getting better.
-
Blue Jays vs White Sox game thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 12:51 PM) Mascot day. Mascots on the field. No sign of Paulie. Laughed way too hard at this.
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 04:38 PM) I read about schools doing self sanctions a lot. Michigan and Ohio State have. It's not new. It's to keep from a bigger NCAA punishment. Cheating on papers is slightly different then what OSU sanctioned themselves for.
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 04:02 PM) How noble of Notre Dame. They're such a classy university and have such integrity. ? This doesn't happen at other schools because it would be swept under the rug. That seems pretty classy to me. The players would miss the first quarter of the first game if this happened at Alabama.
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
Notre Dame is self sanctioning themselves on offenses the NCAA or most schools wouldn't do anything about. And they're going to get eaten alive in the media for it, even though it's the right move and they're doing it to themselves.
-
Would you still be a Sox fan if they moved?
QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 08:59 AM) Seriously though, I think that I would remain a fan of the team that moved. I've been a Sox fan both living in and out of Chicago -- it was tough before when I could only see the games that were on WGN, but now that there's mlb.tv, that's how I watch them all anyway. Realistically, I'm a huge, huge baseball fan and I wouldn't know what to do with myself without it. I don't follow the NFL, NBA, NHL, soccer, or anything else, so this is all I got. I'd HAVE to maintain a rooting interest somewhere, and there's no way I could ever shift to one of these other pre-existing clowns. But here's the big follow-up question: If the Sox moved, but then Chicago got ANOTHER team a few years later (a la Cleveland Browns), which team would you root for THEN? I'd absolutely become a fan of the second team.