Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. kev211 replied to FlaCWS's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:56 AM) I'm not quite sure about that one. maybe a few papers, but the majority would focus on the Sox, and any national publications (SI, TSN, ESPN, etc.), would only have the side stories about the Cubs streak. I would bet you any newspaper main headline would say, "The streak continues"
  2. QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:49 AM) PK lifetime stats 276Avg 187 Hr's 639 Rbi's 4 Sb's TH lifetime stats 334Avg 257Hr's 862Rbis's 31 Sb's 2004 pk avg=.277 rbi=96 hr=41 helton avg=.341 rbi=96 hr=32 Who played in Coors? This year Paulie had 11 more homeruns then Helton and 21 more rbi's and paulie hase been struggling. All Helton is is an overpaid old ventran who is past his prime. If I were KW I would give Konerko a 3 year contract after this year.
  3. kev211 replied to FlaCWS's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) If the sox played the cubs in the world series and they won. The main picture on all the newspapers would have a cubs person crying or somethin and say "Cubs lose, extend streak to X amount of years" Sadly, your right.
  4. Helton is 32 Konerko is 29 Helton makes more money more then Konerko! The last thing i want to have is an overpaid vetran who is past his prime.
  5. Happy Birthday!
  6. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 03:20 AM) The person that is concocting this massive internet poll takeover is obviously some sort of super genius. Noone else has found a way to dominate the polls because it is so complicated to find a way, only a genius could come up with such an absolutely diabolical plot for All-City team domination. Submitted by: Your Daddy 1:08 AM CDT, Jun 19, 2005 - my quote LMAO Good Job Kalapse!
  7. QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:34 AM) He makes a Gazillion dollars. ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  8. QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 01:51 AM) Espn will probably not even show the highlights to his 500th . bastards Sadly your probaly right. :banghead
  9. QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 12:27 AM) Phil because i don't know who the other guy is. Im way to young. Same.
  10. QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 12:25 AM) The Tribe won again tonight. They might be passing the Twins soon :headshake
  11. Darn I picked the stones.
  12. QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:58 PM) Nooooo that was so my avatar. Either way, it's a great picture. Jabroni, he did beat you to it.
  13. QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:39 PM) I agree, Mauer>Aj I cant belive I said that in the official twinkies suck thread.
  14. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:37 PM) They weren't stupid in letting AJ go. They had Joe Mauer who in my book looks like he will become a damn good player. It was time for AJ to go, Mauer was ready. The Giants are the dumbasses for picking Tomko over AJ. I agree, Mauer>Aj
  15. QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:37 PM) As long as we win i don't care who pitches. We have a better chace of winning if they pitch.
  16. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:30 PM) I'm down. I don't care how childish and stupid it sounds, I want to win this s***. Ditto, I love seeing the digruntled cubs fan's comments next to the poll
  17. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:24 PM) And Widger better not be catching tomorrow is all I'm gonna say (sorry qwerty). Widger is fine. I woudnt care if he started.
  18. Darn, I was hoping Buehrle and Garland would get a shot at the cubs. Hopefully Garland does.
  19. QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:17 PM) I can't wait! I cannot either. I mean basically we havent had anything to do except flood one player for the past few days. I like the catcher pool because there was 2 sox to flood. These are going to be even better with 5+ sox to flood. We should start pm'ing each other and maybe assign each one of us with a starting pitcher, an outfielder and a bullpen person.
  20. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:14 PM) They have seperate polls for all outfield positions LF/CF/RF. For Starting pitchers it is one big poll including all ten starters from the two Chicago teams. So it should finish: Buehrle Garland Garcia Contreras Hernandez Then they have 6 bullpen spots available and a poll including 12 pitchers out of the pen from Chicago. So it should finish: Hermanson Politte Cotts Marte Shingo Vizcaino Then you have a poll for all around bench. Sox Vs. Cubs. Sox will win. And finally a poll for Manager Ozzie Vs. Dusty. Ozzie all the way. No worries we will win. But were going to need everyone who has helped us helping us then. Hopefully the barret flooders dont show up then.
  21. QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:10 PM) I was voting with cloudy today and votes seemed to be jumping 10 per second between us. lol I was doing that with Cloudy yesterday. It was very fun
  22. QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:59 PM) If Minnesota takes us down, it might very well be them and Cleveland that take the playoff spots. Remember, in 2003, at the All-Star break, the White Sox were 7.5 GB and the Twins 8.5 GB. Even though Pena got Manager of the Year, there were no Royals in the division race come September. This team isn't even doing the kind of domination that past clubs who missed the Series did. In 2000, 6.5 games up is what we called a bad week for the Sox, and in 1983, well, the lead was even greater. None of those teams made it to the series. Worry about the division and the wildcard before you even start worrying about the playoffs, and worry about the ALDS first and foremost -- ONCE YOU GET THERE. We are also dealing with a good twins team too.
  23. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:00 PM) SP/RP/OF are one big poll. Gonna take some planning if you guys wanna take all 3 OFers No, we can throw about 2,000 votes at a person in about 10 minutes.
  24. kev211 replied to Jake's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:02 PM) I missed todays game (f***ing work) though I did tivo it. What makes up for it is that I was at that game in 2003, I'll never forget it. Konerko was struggling so bad at the time. It was crazy Carl and Robbie's first games as White Sox as well. Koch pitched the 11th and the 12th. He gave up the go ahead run in the top of the 11th. Then in the bottom of the 11th Konerko (who was horrible at the time) pinch hit for Daubach, the crowd was chanting Paulee, Paulee. He then proceeded to hit a bomb to left center. The crowd went absolutely ape s***. Koch worked a good top of the 12th not surendering a run. Then in the bottom of the 12 Robbie Alomar came up and just missed a HR down the left field line, just foul, he tehn walked. Frank Thomas came to the plate after I believe Tony G. made an out. Frank hit an absolute bomb to left field, the f***ing ball was a mile in the air. The crowd (which I think was around 20,000) was louder than I have ever heard a crowd. By far the best game I have ever attended. There is a blast from the past.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.