The Cleveland Indians

gettysburg32

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)
Hopefully it's just a little hot streak that they are going on, and can get off of soon.

It is, every team gets on a little hot streak during the season, I mean look at Buddy Bell's Royals. Anyways, Cleveland is nothing more then an average team.

hot streak will end when they stop feasting on last place teams. Look at who they have faced during their streak. Right before they starting winning, they got beat by minny. Then played the NL west. Next they have to actually play us, baltimore, boston and NYY.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
hot streak will end when they stop feasting on last place teams.  Look at who they have faced during their streak.  Right before they starting winning, they got beat by minny.  Then played the NL west.  Next they have to actually play us, baltimore, boston and NYY.

yeah the yankees are going to stop them lol

other than that the others should beat on them, im more worried about the twins

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 08:59 AM)
hot streak will end when they stop feasting on last place teams.  Look at who they have faced during their streak.  Right before they starting winning, they got beat by minny.  Then played the NL west.  Next they have to actually play us, baltimore, boston and NYY.

O ok, i didn't realize that they were playing cellar dwellers.

Cleveland got on one of those streaks last year and made a run past us sometime after the all star break when we were falling apart.

That's the reason everyone kept saying Cleveland would be so much better this year. I'm starting to think they're one of the streakiest teams in baseball.

Fact is, we've got a big lead on them and we're due for a hot streak as well. Jake Westbrook has reverted to his 2003 form, with an ERA over 4.5 and as many losses this year as he had all year last year. Their big off-season acquisition was Juan Gone (on the DL). They have Sabbathia back, and Millwood might be coming off the DL soon, but they don't have nearly enough to make a run for this division. Not unless the Twins and the Sox both fall apart.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Cleveland got on one of those streaks last year and made a run past us sometime after the all star break when we were falling apart.

That's the reason everyone kept saying Cleveland would be so much better this year.  I'm starting to think they're one of the streakiest teams in baseball.

Fact is, we've got a big lead on them and we're due for a hot streak as well.  Jake Westbrook has reverted to his 2003 form, with an ERA over 4.5 and as many losses this year as he had all year last year.  Their big off-season acquisition was Juan Gone (on the DL).  They have Sabbathia back, and Millwood might be coming off the DL soon, but they don't have nearly enough to make a run for this division.  Not unless the Twins and the Sox both fall apart.

Milwood came off the DL yesterday and pitched 5 innings for their win.

In the month of June the Royals have the best record of any AL Central team. I thought that was interesting. Anyways I'm surprised it's taken the Indians this long to get going. I don't know if they'll be there at the end though, but if the cut it to 5 games, I'll be worrying.

Edited by WilliamTell

I wanna say that I saw a stat saying that the Injun's team ERA was in the top 5 of the AL. If they start hitting consistently, they could really apply some heat later in the season. Sizemore is just a completely different hitter these last 2 weeks, looking like a real stud.

Even the worst teams around can have hot streaks. Tampa Bay last year is still my example.

Cleveland isn't as bad as they've been playing early this year. But they're not as good as they've been playing this week. They are a middle-of-the pack team in the AL Central, probably just about where they were last year.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
Even the worst teams around can have hot streaks.  Tampa Bay last year is still my example.

Cleveland isn't as bad as they've been playing early this year.  But they're not as good as they've been playing this week.  They are a middle-of-the pack team in the AL Central, probably just about where they were last year.

Hopefully their hot streak will end soon.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:09 AM)
C.C. Fatbathia's beautiful line against the Red Sox tonight:

4.2 IP

9 H

9 ER

0 BB

5 SO

2 HR

He gave up a career high 9 ER and he is now 5-4 with a nice 4.66 ERA.

That's f***ing terrible. 9 earned runs in less than 5 innings.

What's even crazier is that the Indians nearly came back to win, losing by the score of 10-9.