Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
MLB 2020-21 off season catch all
It would have to be long enough that you could convince MLB that it was a legitimate extension like they have given to others. Realistically, he would need to be on the verge of a call up, or already called up.
-
Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min
I can't wait for a minor league season to happen, just so people can quit pretending that Andrew Vaughn sat in a cave all of last year.
-
Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min
You don't know Uncle Leo?
-
Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min
I think folks tend to forget that information can be 100% right in the moment, but something changes after that. These things are very dynamic.
-
Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min
Wait really? So glad you informed us. I did not realize that people on the interwebs could be less than truthful.
-
Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min
I would be excited about Nelson Cruz.
-
Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min
Is that Cruz?
-
the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
Sure but there is a fair amount of short term deals that can drop off along that time period too. Eaton is a one year deal. Lynn is a one year deal. Abreu has two years left, as does Dallas. There are are other guys in their arb phase who could go if needed as well. it is also at $210 million for this year, and up for renegotiation afterwards.
-
the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
You sure this number isn't our luxury tax number? The payroll is WAY less than this in reality.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
Jerry doesn't until maybe the end of a negotation process. He has people for that. Let's be honest here, he isn't interested because Bauer is really expensive.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
Where are you getting that from?
-
the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
The lack of a college season killed him. If he had pitched anything like he did for the White Sox, he would have been a 1-1 or close to it.
-
the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
That package is a LOT less hurtful to the Sox than other ones which have been talked about. The pen is loaded, and has guys waiting to join. Stiever is in a cue behind Kopech, Cease, and probably ReyLo. Thompson fits into the bucket with Dalquist, Kelley, and Vera. Vera and Kelley are much more important to the second wave to me, than Thompson is. This is a smarter deal.
-
the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
Wainwright is a guy I am interested in. He does have the TLR connection, so it could be worth exploring.
-
Anderson on the cover of RBI baseball 21
- the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
Who we trade Vaughn for is an important consideration for sure, but with who we have on the major league roster, and the kids on the way, 1B/DH is the last place I am worried about. We are loaded with bats with no place to play.- the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
See that's the thing, with the offense we have, and the players we have at each position in on the field, Vaughn would be the 1st guy out of the top prospects I would be willing to trade. Now I say that, but if I trade him, I am getting back a big time pitcher who has proven himself. We have tons of offense. We have 1B and DH covered, and guys like Eloy who are future DH's. If Vaughn could play RF it would be a different story.- the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
I am in the sign "someone" camp. There are plenty of starters out there who won't kill your prospect stock.- Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
Bauer doesn't even acknowledge the offer.- the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
Richards.- J.A. Happ to the Twins
I approve of this signing.- the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
If that was enough, it would already be done.- the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread
If I have the choice between backing up the truck for Burnes or cash for Richards, I am #TeamGarrett.- NFL Thread 2020-2021
- the old Corbin Burnes thread, we have a new Burnes thread