Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I am so old I remember when he was going to 4/80
  2. Take an Ex Lax, that should fix it.
  3. I will have two of what he is having.
  4. That would be absolutely terrible.
  5. Nah, he is good for 180, at least.
  6. One of these thing is true, the other is false. Also, he doesn't have sources.
  7. If that was the deal, a team would have had Burnes months ago.
  8. So is nothing happening in talks now?
  9. So then how much do you project him to be able to do, and how do you fill what he is unable to give you, especially when you are probably dealing the guys who could fill those innings.
  10. You are going to assume he did at a level worth cleaning out a lot of prospect capital. What you call weird, I call judicious.
  11. They did in 2018 and 2019. In neither year was Burnes among them. And if we are talking about starters to pay a lot for, I would rather it be 180 to 200 innings we were talking about. Instead we are talking about half of that.
  12. I get that, but I also get that some guys aren't made to be 30 start guys.
  13. I'd rather not catch the next Todd Ritchie where we try to project someone isn't ready to make a leap.
  14. Someone convince me how it is worth it to back up the truck for a guy who hasn't pitched over 100 IP in a season since his 2017 A+/AA season.
  15. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    It sounds great in principal, but those are things they should be getting at home.
  16. And this is why women wait years, if ever, to say anything
  17. Honestly if we are going to bring in another IF, I would prefer it to be Profar to LaStella just because with Tim Anderson, he seems to be able to take one solid DL stint a season, and having someone who can play SS should be important. I do wonder if the Sox are just going to roll with Tim Beckham and Leury Garcia in that roll though.
  18. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    The idea that we are trusting 17-18 year old kids to be able to see the future and project which jobs and careers will be around in 10/20/30 years to a degree of certainty that many are going to carry six figures (or more) of debt in making that bet is absurd. These are the same kids we don't trust to drink or drive a rental car, but are fully putting a hundred thousand dollars worth of debt and their careers in the same hands. The best economists out there struggled to see the changes in the world during my lifetime. The fact that we are having kids bet their careers and financial futures on it is laughable. There has to be a better way to do this.
  19. Hearing Vera is up to 97, I am just going to say that there is a real chance that he ends up being the best of this class for the White Sox.
  20. Indiana is currently giving to people with qualifying situations (medical, first responders etc) and 70 years or older. Our county is booked out until APRIL for an appointment.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.