Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I read the other day they would be hit with a 50% tax, so a 35 million AAV contract turns into a $52.5 million cost.
  2. This the Yankees and Dodgers both moving on from the whales. They waited around to see if they could get something done, it didn't, and they are moving on. The Cubs have also done nothing to show that they are in this either. It is really feeling like Harper and Machado may well belong to Chicago and Philly.
  3. Last I saw, within $5 million BEFORE Harper.
  4. Would you wait on the chance at him in a year, or take the superstar in front of you now?
  5. And lots of it. Realistically, I can't see the Nats being willing to take the $50ish million worth of cost on to sign Harper when you add the consideration of where they are in terms of the luxury tax. It isn't just $35 million, it is ANOTHER 50% on top of that annually, with no real hope of getting under the tax anytime soon if they stay relatively competitive. They have $100 million in promised dollars out there through 2021.
  6. This is a really good post with the Yankees presumably out of it.
  7. Seriously, you can't beat this. Look at the date on the post. Mark pitched 11 more years after this, and we all know how they looked.
  8. Bah. After some of the things I have seen on Soxtalk, I would argue that. Seriously to this day The Continuing Decline of Mark Buerhle is the all-time hottest take in Soxtalk history..
  9. This is a dumb post, now everyone +1 me! PS, you probably aren't wrong.
  10. NO idea what the Bulls knows and doesn't know, but...
  11. It is a tempting time to use Admin powers to filter "Tatis" into "He who shall not be named"
  12. The couple of Sox bits http://meadowparty.com/blog/2019/01/10/klawchat-1-10-19/
  13. Seeing as we are talking to Bryce Harper with a minor league system loaded with OF's I am not sure if that would be true or not
  14. They didn't float the idea. They were asked about it and said it could happen.
  15. If he is 100% on being a SS, I would pass on him.
  16. Tim Anderson has the tools to be a top tier defensive SS. No one else in the Sox system can say that. He has great range and a cannon of an arm. He keeps getting better at it. I absolutely hate the idea of moving Timmy off of SS for an inferior defensive player.
  17. I really loved it until the end. I still can't get over it.
  18. Yeah but the White Sox are embarrassing!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.