Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
8/23 White Sox at Tigers 12:10
He wouldn't be a horrible option at say $5 million on a one year deal.
-
8/23 White Sox at Tigers 12:10
The pen has pitched 20 innings in the last 4 days, and almost 25 over the last 5. Plus we are down 5, so you let Shields take his 110 or 120. That is why.
-
**President Trump 2018 Thread**
I always expect snark.
-
**President Trump 2018 Thread**
The last couple of days Trump sounds more like a Mafia Don than the President.
-
Renteria Hospitalized
You would think after not watching some of the Moncada K's looking lately he would be feeling a bit better.
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
We don't even know that Jimenez is a limited defender yet. We have one guy who has pushed the whole 1B/DH, thing, but I have yet to see any real reporting that he won't be able to play a respectable corner OF.
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
Does it really matter how many teams offered it? The Rangers were the only one offered Arod 10/252, does that make it invalid?
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
I am not sure why this "speed" distinction matters to be honest. PLENTY of guys without speed have signed these early extensions. Paul DeJong talked about early has 2 SBs in his whole career. Anthony Rizzo, Evan Longoria and Ryan Braun signed record breaking deals in their time periods. Paul Goldschmidt took 5/32 in his second year, with only one option year of control at $14.5 million.
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
JD Martinez got $110 million.
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
The numbers go up very quickly after players start getting service time. For example, Lindor with a year plus of service got a $100 million offer, and turned it down.
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
Based on historical deals, even 7/40 would be record breaking.
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
Eaton was a great deal as well.
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
I am sure it would be largely based on the most recent deals. Tim Anderson's 6/25 is our most recent. Scott Kingery got a 6/24 +3 team options before his ML debut. Paul DeJong got a 6/26 +2 team options after his first partial season up. If I had to guess, something like those with maybe up to 6/30 in the initial years, and 2 to 3 years worth of team options on the end.
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
The big rush is that they will never be cheaper than they are today. The big rush is to get a Chris Sale/Jose Quintana/Tim Anderson type of deal, control some free agency, and have cost certainty through arbitration. I mean if they are willing to extend Tim Anderson, there is zero chance they aren't chasing Jimenez with something.
-
2018 MLB catch all thread
- 8/23 White Sox at Tigers 12:10
And if Shields is starting today, that means there is zero trade instance of substance for him. *sigh*- Castillo rehabbing in Charlotte
So this is how they don't send down one of Smith or Narvaez.- Moncada
- The environment thread
I read this from someone locally on facebook with a disabled child. It got me wondering if we could see an ADA lawsuit against city's and town's who have instituted some of the harsher bans.- 2018 Democrats thread
I hear the pope is pretty anti-semetic, and is happy about the death of a particular Jew.- Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
There is zero chance the Sox haven't floated long term deals with Eloy's team. Zero.- Can we get a Shields rumor?
I don't think this is a real thing, but an attempt at humor.- Moncada
- Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
Seeing the reception for Kopech just makes me all of the more excited for Eloy. I wonder what effect that night has had on upper management?- Nick madrigal tracker
You like mentioning high school kids and then moving on to Moncada in the same post? Absolutely, you are guilty of it. - 8/23 White Sox at Tigers 12:10