Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. The Yankees trade happened because no one really wanted to offer anything of substance for Frazier. The Yankees basically offered to up the ante to get quality relief into the deal, which is why the deal got built into Robertson and Kahnle.
  2. Davidson had them in back to back games.
  3. I must have imagined the 2 McDonald's in my hometown that were closed, torn down and rebuilt. I am misremembering the Walgreens that was shutdown and built new across town. I am definitely wrong about the mall that was bulldozed in South Bend, and rebuilt into a strip mall. There definitely can't be newspapers that layoff people and go online. GM definitely didn't file bankruptcy and reform. Ford has to still be making the Model T, right? I mean they didn't close down those factories and build different cars, right?
  4. You win the internet today.
  5. Soxtalk doesn't deserve a rebuild.
  6. lol, pretty sure the dude isn't going to hit .500.
  7. 15 games as a 17 year old in the DSL is slowly? Damn, that is some high standards.
  8. Speaking of absurdity...
  9. Especially considering this team is doing exactly what it was constructed to do. Struggle and suck.
  10. Again, this make a helluva a lot more sense than Yoan being scared of him. This dude is loaded with ego. It is eating him alive that he isn't playing like a superstar right now. I would bet gregs house on it.
  11. Also this. Putting any kind of weight into how twitter is feeling is turning over your feelings to an amalgamated 3 year old.
  12. From what I read about the guy prior to his being a White Sox, I would tend to believe THIS before I would believe he is pissing down his leg about an unsigned draft pick taking his job. Frustration is WAY easier to believe than a complete lack of confidence.
  13. Yoan Moncada went on the DL with a .263 BA and a .868 OPS. He came off of the DL on May 15. By the end of May his average had fallen to .242 with a .756 OPS. His numbers by June 3, or the day before Madrigal was drafted were almost identical. In other words he lost 100 OPS points between coming off of the DL and Madrigals drafting. While the slump has continued PM (Post Madrigal) it was underway long before that happened. I honestly can't believe people think this is a thing.
  14. They would be just as ridiculous. If Moncada really is that worried about something that far in the future, he is fucked as a major leaguer because quite literally everything is going to bother him.
  15. It isn't his struggles at the plate, it is a guy who is at least a year away from having a chance at being on a major league roster. Occam weeps.
  16. Moncada hit that one hard, but right at Kipnis.
  17. And about the time he came off of the DL and struggle to hit.
  18. This is probably the most accurate post in this thread.
  19. Palka with a pretty nice catch in RF to end it.
  20. Those last two K's had crazy amounts of movement on those pitches.
  21. I remember that one. It was an awful call. Glad to see MLB fix it.
  22. I missed this over the weekend, but I mean I can sit here and pick out highlights for hours, but the big thing it boils down to is that it has always felt like watching a game with my dad or my grandpa. He feels the game like no another announcer in baseball does. He is mad when something bad happens, he is elated when something great happens. The colorfulness he brings to the game is all but dead in the 21st century as broadcasts get more and more watered down, safe, and non-threatening. It feels like I am losing a life long companion with Hawk retiring for all of the decades and countless hours we have put into together. He is quite literally the soundtrack to some of the favorite memories in my life.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.