Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Elecciones 2006
QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 07:37 PM) multiply that by atleast 10 when the communist government totally ruins an already weak economy. So a full 5% of the country is going to flee for the US, when almost half of the country voted for the guy? Come on guy, I don't want to see the socialist (emphasized for your viewing pleasure) elected, but that is insane.
-
Federal deficit appears on track to fall below $300 billion
But, but, supply side economics doesn't work... Its all the housing market... Its all the stock market... Tax cuts don't pay themselves off /cliches
-
Elecciones 2006
QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:39 PM) they would be flooding the border if there was a new communist government in mexico. those systems never work. Half a million people a year isn't flooding?
-
AL Central Central
QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:24 PM) It sounded like Scott Baker or Boof Bonser would be recalled to the team after the all star break that would mean the Twins would either have to send someone down (Willie Eyre) or trade someone (Shannon Stewart, Kyle Lohse, Rondell White) Kyle Lohse has to be pretty much on his last leg up there, right?
-
Loudest Stadiums in MLB
QUOTE(Beetle @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 01:52 PM) The HHH Metrodome is, by reputation, one of the loudest if not THE loudest ML ballpark. Was. Back in the 87 and 91 World Series there wasn't a place that was louder. Now you can't get 25,000 people to a game there...
-
I'm pretty much done with Javier Vazquez.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=3786 I would have more faith in a turnaround for a guy that put together at least 4 good seasons in MLB, vs a guy that was good in a league far inferior to MLB. I am not sure why a guy with those 4 good years is less likely to turn it around vs someone who had zero proven history in MLB, but I would be curious to hear why you would think that...
-
Hermanson could be back by the end of the month...
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:40 AM) Well I meant see Dustin perform a while in the minors. Basically, I don't expect him to just have a few appearances down there, I think you might see him in Charlotte for a few weeks. I'm sure Kenny is going to want to see him pitch in Charlotte as well. If he likes what he sees then maybe he'll be up quicker. Who knows but that's jmo. The plan was to have him pitch every other day until the AAA all-star break and then evaluate from there.
-
Two Questions
If you can send me your home IP, I can investigate to see if it in our filters for some reason.
-
Thanks from AJ
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 12:47 PM) Chances that AJ actually wrote this? ... are remote
-
Thanks from AJ
- Quotes of the Month: Uncensored and Uncut
From the done with Javy Vazquez thread QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 11:10 AM) I wouldn't doubt that a record amount of crows lose their lives every year because of this site.- Hermanson could be back by the end of the month...
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:22 AM) I would think so but I think the Sox are going to have to see Dustin perform for a little while before they make a decision like that. So who gets sent where in the meantime?- Hermanson could be back by the end of the month...
I wonder if we will see Politte dropped for Hermanson if the back holds up for Dustin?- No North Korea thread???
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:58 AM) It hasn't worked. To get into details, we captured AQ Khan - the President even made a big deal in the election two years ago about it. Then we gave him back to Pakistan. We aren't able to speak to him, question him or pump him for information in any way. And he isn't imprisoned as far as I know. Of course it hasn't worked, which is presisely why we need to be making sure that the spread of nuclear capabilities doesn't happen. Talking about it hasn't worked at all, because it keeps ending up where we don't want to see it go, and into evermore dangerous hands. Very soon, someone is going to be attacked with a nuclear weapon, and then the finger pointing begins as to why they got ahold of this stuff in the first place.- NYC tunnel bombing plot uncovered
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/07/tunnel.plot/index.html- No North Korea thread???
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:43 AM) Our worry for nuclear proliferation lies with Pakistan. N. Korea got their technology from AQ Khan who ran the Pakistani nuclear program, then went and sold technology to Iran and N Korea. Currently being protected by the Pakistani government. Why do you think we have worked so hard to get into Pakistans government? I have no doubts NK is on the market right now trying to sell their nuclear stuff to the highest bidder.- Classy move by Joe Crede
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 08:38 AM) Would someone like to buy one of those for me? I don't wear watches but I think I'd make an exception. ^^^^- Grand Slams
- I'm pretty much done with Javier Vazquez.
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:23 PM) You can't compare the two at all. Contreras came from Cuba, changed his style and started throwing strikes. Vazquez doesn't have acclimation problems, he's been around and mediocre for a while, and he already throws strikes. Unfortunately the Sox will be stuck with Vazquez this year and next, and there most likely is no chance they would offer him arbitration to pitch like he has. Maybe they will give his money to Buerhle. If Young fulfills his promise, its a worse trade than Todd Ritchie. Actually I would say they are very comparable. They both have excellent stuff, but have had problems with the mental approach to pitching, and both got to the point where they seem to have lost their confidence in their stuff. Now Contreras seems to have experimented more with his arm angles and approach than Vazquez has, but I think there are a lot of similarities, and I think the solution lies in much the same place, where the staff needs to take away the thinking from Javy, just like they did Jose, and get him to just go out and throw the damned ball where they tell him to.- Jeff Weaver traded to Cardinals
QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 01:33 AM) Mentioning about Sidney.. he did good last night actually.. it's too bad that bum Aaron Miles is starting still FREE HECTOR LUNA!! God who was it that freaked out over the Miles/Uribe deal, and was telling us how awesome Miles was going to be and how we were going to regret ever trading him... etc???- Elecciones 2006
The new Presidente Del Mexico... AJ Pierzynski!- No North Korea thread???
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 06:53 AM) What I love about this story is at the end when they explain the possibilities. 1. North Korea wanted to show they could hit US targets by aiming close to Hawaii. 2. North Korea wanted to show they could hit the Pacific Fleet. 3. North Korea wanted to make sure they would just hit water, and not land - like if they aimed it towards Alaska. One thing is pretty clear... NK hasn't had the money to adequately fund the missle portion of their nuclear program. For myself I don't think NK would use it offensively, but was does scare me is the HUGE desparation for cash that they have, and them selling the technology to someone who would use it, such as an OBL led Al Qaeda or a spliter group with the same kind of ideology.- Happy Birthday Brandon McCarthy
Happy Birthday Bmac- Classy move by Joe Crede
Suck em up Joe- You guys are awesome
I did not hear it get read, but I didn't get it sent until the 6th inning either. - Quotes of the Month: Uncensored and Uncut