Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. This is the email I sent to Hawk and DJ tonight. It was a little late, as I got stuck in a committee meeting, but hopefully it got read on the air. If not, I want you all to see it, and know how proud I am of the effort that was put forth again this year.
  2. How about everyone walks away from the keyboard for a couple seconds and comes back sans the chips on their shoulders?
  3. QUOTE(Linnwood @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 03:18 PM) I just got "12" Its fate
  4. QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 02:35 PM) Gage has landed in the Windy City.... I knew I sensed a disturbance in the force...
  5. QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:44 PM) If AJ pulls this through, it would be like the Cubs winning the World Series... Hell freezes over. Pigs will fly. I will get laid. You know that sort of thing. Let's not say things we can't take back QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:52 PM) A little bit from Column A and a LOT from Column B Sox fans are the greatest. I don't know if it is the chip on our shoulder or what, but this team is a like a member of our family.
  6. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:09 PM) Factually, Garland has gotten the least run support of any of our starters. I would also be curious to see what his percentage of runners he left for a reliever have scored as well. It doesn't seem like it has been good.
  7. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5762366 :headshake
  8. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:24 PM) I didn't read through the thread but the TNA online community (the wrestling promotion AJ and Co. did that angle with) sent out a bulletin online to help 'Punch AJ' Voted for AJ about another 35 times since I woke up. Nice. Support from outside of MLB could be huge.
  9. QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:18 AM) Personally, I loved the call by Ozzie to bring in Jenks in the 8th. Instead of worrying what's wrong with Jenks, I'll just give the Orioles credit for some good swings against him. Jenks didn't have any control of his fastball in either inning, and it made it easier for the Orioles to hit. I'll take my chances with him getting 4 outs though any game. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:24 AM) I'm not worried about Jenks. Just siting an observation. I would prefer he sticks with the 9th, and the other guys get us there. Yeah I don't want it to sound like I am worried about Bobby either. Guys have rough outings, games, etc, that doesn't bother me. The pitch stuff was just something I picked up, and wanted to see what other people thought...
  10. Matt Thornton might have been Kenny's shrewdest move over the preseason. This guy has been an absolute anchor out in the pen, no matter where Ozzie has used him. He has been a savior to a pen that has needed a hero for long stretches of this year.
  11. I wonder when Helen Thomas is going to write an Obama article waiting for him to admit to his big mistakes....
  12. QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:54 AM) keep voting "....And as for the field personnel who have Liriano's back, just consider the sight of rotation partner Johan Santana sitting his Kansas City hotel room with a computer, just cranking out vote after vote right here. Consider this quote from his manager, Ron Gardenhire: "Our computers are on fire in here. We have to believe we did some good in here. ... Everybody knows who he is and what he's doing." " Hopefully Santana cramps up ala Zambrano and can't pitch against us
  13. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:43 AM) um, what? To be honest, that wouldn't surprise me at all. The guy had a ton of problems growing up, and lots of problems in school imparticular. There are many occasions where something like this ends up being ADD. I know we are playing Monday Morning shrink here, but with the limited body of evidence presence, its not a bad thought.
  14. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 08:26 AM) I think it has to do more with intensity. He gets himself all geeked up to go out and close. So after he finishes the 8th, there an adrenaline let down while he sits in the dugout waiting to go back in the 9th. He's young, that pacing will come soon enough. Interesting theory. Especially because you can see how much the adreneline means to Bobby. I wonder if the sit lets his mind wonder, and his intensity lapse. One thing I did notice yesterday is that he didn't throw any breaking stuff to the first few batters, and the Os caught onto that. Once Bobby started mixing in the curve and slider, he became unhittable again.
  15. Damn have we gotten spoiled by Jenks or what, it was strange to see a tough save situation. I was really glad to see Garland looking really good again, it makes me feel a whole hell of a lot better to see two awesome starts back to back with he and Contreras
  16. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 10:11 PM) If Hermanson does end up comming back this season and is thrust into the pen after a couple rehab appearances he will end up losing atleast 1 game for the Sox. Ozzie is going to use him in some big situations just like he has with Cliff and Dustin is going to get absolutely smoked. He had a great year and he played a large part in the success of the team but I just hope he stays away from the Sox this season. Ozzie use someone in a clutch situation right away, that's unpossible
  17. That's it boys drop the hammerdown. 10 more hours to go, GET AJ TO PITTSBURGH@!!!!
  18. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 10:13 PM) SS2K5, will gas ever go down below $2.00 again? I can't see it happening, except maybe on a temporary basis. There is just way too much growth on the demand side in places like China and India, not to mention we are fighting two wars right now, plus our own growth. Granted the whole $75 bbp thing is just stupid economically, but $50 is pretty legitimate given just the pure demand that exsists.
  19. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 10:29 PM) So, for those of us using Soxtalk to get around a news censorship wall, were there any problems at liftoff? Any reports of more foam flying off during the launch, like last time? Only very small pieces, and well after the vital 2 minutes and 15 second immediately following liftoff. Once the orbiter achieved orbit the crew saw something floating away they thought initially was a large chunk of foam, which turned out to be ice.
  20. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 03:29 PM) I wouldn't be surprised - considering it only has 35 cents to go for the 87 octane gas by me. Where I am we are just pennies under $3 per gallon. We are going to see another dime increase by this weekend with the way the futures have traded, the rest of it will come soon.
  21. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:26 PM) Well if this keeps up, people huffing gas to get high might have to try something cheaper... like Cocaine. New record close for Crude Oil I really think we will see $80 bbp and $3.50 at the pumps by August
  22. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:56 PM) Only vote for AJ, seriously. Every single vote for anyone else hurts AJ's chances. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:58 PM) God damn, it makes no sense for any Sox fan to vote for Liriano, the guy will not even pitch in the game if he makes it, so the whole "he'll help us win the game" angle is not going to work here. It doesn't help AJ if he's splitty votes from Sox fans. If you don't want to vote for AJ then don't vote at all seriously. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 02:59 PM) Gimmie a break, just vote for AJ Thank you boys

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.