Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Basketball beating
QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:57 PM) This thread seperates those who played basketball, at least at a high school level, and those who sat in the stands and watched. Getting physical is part of the game. The kid took it too far and started swinging. He was in the wrong. Actually I have notice that this subject has more separated people according to where they were raised. People raised in tougher neighborhoods by and large fell on the side of don't start none, won't be none, where the more middle class and higher neighborhoods didn't understand why something like that would happen. Now I know there are exceptions, but it was just an observation of mine. Anyways, Yes there is a certian amount of pushing and shoving that happens in any game. On the video at least, the line was crossed when the kid went out of his way to get into the other kids path and give him a two hand shove. If the pushing and shoving takes place under the basket, nothing happens, but in a none game situation, the guy ran him down, got into him and shoved him. It is a totally different situation than shoving a guy under the basket. Like I said earlier the guy didn't deserve the beating he got, but given the circumstances shown on tape, it didn't surprise me at all.
-
Basketball beating
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:22 PM) I figured there had to be some pushing and shoving as they were coming down the court, even more reason to let it die. Unless of course you're ready and willing to fight and one kid clearly was not. I hate to say it, but you don't put your hands onto someone like that if you aren't ready to back it up. Granted the beating the kid took was WAY too far, but you can't expect to get away with stuff like that. In reality, you don't know who you are stepping to at that point. Anything can happen...
-
Basketball beating
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:11 PM) I'm not a basketball player, but that "push" didn't look any more aggresive than normal play..? Was it more? It was the kind of thing that can start a fight. Obviously the kid got more than he bargained for, and the beating was excessive, but if you take and give someone a two hand shove like that, you HAVE to expect someone to swing at you, IMO.
-
Wal-Mart health care tax fails in NY state
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=493717
-
Bush & War numbers going up
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 01:41 PM) It was a satire. A Satire doesn't have to be a manifesto. I wasn't talking to you FWIW...
-
St. Louis Conspiracy Theory...Sox knew what pitches were coming
QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 01:26 PM) Are you sure? The FSMW gun clocked his 4 seamer at 95mph a few times... and I think the gun was acurate... it had Jenks at about 97-99.... Did they really need a camera to steal signs? during the first 2 games it seemed like there was a man on second for every batter. I thought I saw him around 90 for most of the game. I guess I missed it then. As for Jenks the gun had him 100-99-100-100 for the last batter, so either it was accurate or a little fast I am guessing.
-
Bush & War numbers going up
QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 01:00 PM) Booo...that one was humorous and didn't come off as arrogant...most of minors' posts have been about how unbelievably amazing of a job republicans do anyways... Not to mention incredibly lacking in substance, but that's beside the point.
- Fun Story
-
St. Louis Conspiracy Theory...Sox knew what pitches were coming
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:32 AM) ""Let's put it this way," one Cardinals source said Thursday night. "They looked like they knew what was coming the first two nights. They looked like they had no idea tonight. " Let's put it this way... Reyes could have told hitters that change up was coming, and they still wouldn't have hit it. The kid is good. Maybe hitters will pick up a tell on him later, but right now, that thing is a notch under Johan as far as I am concerned. The nice thing is that he does not have the mid90s fastball to back up the change like Santana does, and he definatley doesn't have a third pitch either.
-
Girl in Pink
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:39 AM) Perhaps you could court her, inquire about her sister, and then we escort them to the ice cream social? Costumed, or uncostumed? Ah that's so awkward
-
Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread
QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 01:49 AM) Ken Williams, four months ago: "Ozzie is still growing into his position and the responsibility of his position, as well as am I. We'll continue to evolve in a way that is first class. ... We want to win in a first-class manner and be known as a first-class organization. We got a little bit of work to do, but we'll keep at it." Ozzie Guillen cannot control himself, and his apologies are not apologies at all. Blaming everyone but yourself is not an apology, it's an embarrassment. The fact that he's turning this organization from one heading in the direction of first class to the gutter, all the while being a lackluster manager at best, only makes it harder to fathom why people want him in Chicago. The funny thing is, when it comes to things that matter, like winning ballgames, Ozzie seems to be doing all right.
-
Quotations of the Month!
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:50 AM) Amen. Eh, you beat me to it!
-
New Mod at Filabuster
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!! Welcome aboard NSS
-
Kat McPhee fought with bullemia
:headshake Its so sad what we do to girls/women in terms of body image in this country. Hopefully she doesn't follow Kelly Clarkson and lose too much weight for Hollywood. Stay natural, please! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060623/ap_en_ce/people_mcphee
-
Girl in Pink
Somedays I miss being a teenager... Then I see threads like this and feel old
-
Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 09:15 AM) good stuff from JR: There's no excuse for his choice of words,'' Reinsdorf said of Guillen. "Although I understand in his country it might have a different meaning, he's been here a long time and he has to understand how people react. "You have to separate that from the issue of the person he's talking about because that person is, indeed, a piece of garbage. So I understand why he was frustrated. But if he wants to attack somebody who attacked him, he has to do it in a politically correct way.'' JER-RY JER-RY!!!
-
Cool pics..
Why I oughta take the elevator up there...
-
Cool pics..
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:15 AM) Why don't you just tell us everything you like? Dislikes include pushy-knowitall messageboard posters...
-
NUKE_CLEVELAND's 4th annual Shitty Beer Poll
My favorite cheap beer is Icehouse. It comes from that being the cool beer when I was in college, and I just stuck with it.
-
Knicks fire Brown
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:11 PM) That's a lie. And if you think Oden is going to turn down being the #1 overall pick and all that money to go back to school, that's awfully cute, but it's even more wrong. See also Matt Leinart.
-
Quotations of the Month!
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:37 PM) Bring me back a nice rock! QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 09:48 AM) You can't take rocks from a Communist country - it's government workers' pay. From Balta's thread about leaving for China
-
Soxtalk's consumer thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 08:54 AM) Sorry dude, I never looked for the receipt at all. Well if you do see it, let me know. I'd still send in the other one. It can't hurt.
-
2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 12:08 AM) That's actually pretty damn solid. That is awesome Does anyone want to make that into a sig with Thome, Konerko, Dye, and maybe Crede?
-
North Korea threatens Missile Tests
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 08:48 AM) The only thing that worries me is our reaction. And just for clarification about the deal that we struck in 1994 to avoid a war. It was never actually funded and we never followed through on our end of the deal. Why? Because a Republican Congress refused to fund it. Still throughout the Clinton administration, North Korea did not actively begin an enrichment program or seriously advance any nuclear program. That didn't begin until 2001, when the Bush administration took office and started changing the language it used towards North Korea in more stern, isolationist language. Um that last part is wrong. They had a clandestine program all along, which is how they were able to have weapons grade plutonium so "quickly" after GWB took office. They were in violation of their agreement for years, if not back all of the way to the day they signed the treaty. They were in AQ Kahns backpocket for years. They chose to go public after Bush took office in an effort to make sure they didn't get invaded by the US.
-
Firefighters in oregon getting screwed
If I had to guess, setting up a special language team could be construed as segregation now adays.