Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Ozzie has some words for Mariotti
Rick Morrisey is all over this 100%
-
Sears tower a terrorist target
I know some groups are going to have fun with this part... I know I have said it before and I will say it again. There are terror plots being planned right NOW, that include pretty much everything and anything you and I consider sacred. The fact that the Sears Tower was targeted in this particular plan is about as much surprise as Kerry Wood hitting the DL.
-
Today's news stories
Minors, please tell me you aren't that oblivivous to what is going on around you...
-
Soxtalk's consumer thread
FYI, I won the auction Monday at about noon, I got the camera from UPS on Thursday. Seriously if anyone ever is serious about buying a kodak digital camera, this is the only way to go.
-
And I'm off
Bring me back a nice rock!
-
Lost
I can't wait for the second season to come out on DVD. Lost! is incredible.
-
Bulls Golden-State Trade rumor floating around
http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=559
-
Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread
I don't say this too often, because usually you are usually a dirtie liberal hippie, but great post LCR
-
Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread
QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:52 AM) The only good thing about all of this? Is that Jay called out his own paper and the Trib for their slanted coverage, heh hehe heheheh. Excellent. Uh, he called out his own paper for being TOO biased FOR the White Sox.
-
Ben Stein
QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:31 PM) Ben Stein is so f***ing cheap. His now-cancelled Comedy Central gameshow Win Ben Stein's Money had a prize of like $5,000 and that was rarely given out because of the way the game was constructed. Stein should have either payed out a much larger prize amount or constructed the game to allow for many more winners. Not a fan of Ben Stein. So how much money have you given away? Yeah you must really hate yourself.
-
Overwhelming support for publically financed elections
I'd love to see this happen. Guys who have been around long enough know my opinion that dollar vote does not equal free speech.
-
Books
QUOTE(rventura23 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 05:33 PM) freakonomics, anybody read it? I loved it. Highly recommend it. Its very different.
-
Anderson's suspension starts tonight
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:34 PM) You don't want to be short a man when playing games in National League ballparks, you need as deep a bench as possible, plus you're going to want your best defense out there. This is absolutely perfect timing and it really makes me think that they've been planning to do this all along. I also think that Barretts suspension did not get shortened factored into this.
-
Anderson's suspension starts tonight
Interesting that he picked against STL and HOU to drop the appeal.
-
Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson quotes
QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:24 PM) Hawk died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him. It will be interesting when they fix the glitch... QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:51 PM) Ya, I'd bet a ton of people here use hawkisms all the time. Like flash said it's really unavoidable. Guilty as well.
-
Oh, that's just BS!!!
Fun fact. When the Sox got to 9 runs in the second inning they had scored an incredible 29 runs over the last 7 innings pitched by Cardinals pitching.
-
Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread
What would be awesome is if someone complied all of the insults Jay has directed towards people, and asked him to answer for those.
-
AL Central Central
QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:25 PM) Is there not a reliever in baseball who can come into a game against Detroit and pitch like he has a pair??? Well the Sox pen shut them down pretty well FWIW.
-
Scott Erickson
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:15 PM) No chit sherlock.. Was that the official reason they listed on his separation papers.. Official reason for termination: You suck at pitching
- Scott Erickson
-
Ozzie has some words for Mariotti
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:54 PM) Are you serious...??? Here is the exact quote: "Guillen said that in Venezuela, that word is not a reference to a person's sexuality, but to his courage. He said he was saying that Mariotti is "not man enough to meet me and talk about [things before writing].'' He also said that he has gay friends, goes to WNBA games, went to the Madonna concert and plans to attend the Gay Games in Chicago." How the hell is that gaybashing??? To me its the equivlent of someone saying another person is racist, and that person saying well I have a black friend.
-
Minimum wage hike killed
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:37 PM) Lots of states have theirs set higher than the national level. In California it's currently $6.75, and governor Ass-grabber keeps vetoing attempts to raise it. You can see where each state currently is set at this page. That is the one thing that I do firmly believe is that the states are just as much as fault for this, as the federal government is. The states have the ability to recognize their own individual needs more than the feds do, and there is nothing to stop them from taking up this same legistlation.
-
Minimum wage hike killed
If we are going to have a minimum wage, it should be indexed to inflation with an increase or decrease automatically every year. Hell its good enough for Congress, the Vice President, and the Supreme Court, why isn't good enough for everyone else? They also do it with things like SSI payments, disability benefits etc.
-
The OFFICIAL Palehose Six thread
The second one was awesome
-
TALKBULLS.com Mock Draft Contest
http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=511 Jump in for all who are interested. Even if it looks like most teams are taken, if you are new, someone with multiple teams will have to give up a team to make sure people who want to play can do so...