Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Cards Fans
QUOTE(Guillen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:06 AM) I would have to say Philadelphia fans are probably the most polite of all in this country. All you have to do is look back to when J.D. Drew's walkman died and everyone in the stadium donated their batteries to him. Awesome
-
Quotations of the Month!
From the thread about Cardinals fans being by and large pretty classy. QUOTE(Guillen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:06 AM) I would have to say Philadelphia fans are probably the most polite of all in this country. All you have to do is look back to when J.D. Drew's walkman died and everyone in the stadium donated their batteries to him.
-
Promotions
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:59 AM) soxtalk needs spiff ^^^ Quoted for accuracy
-
Anyone ever meet a "famous" musician before?
QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:43 AM) I bet! True story. My buddy picked them up at the South Bend airport and was driving them back to the fair grounds. As they pulled into the grounds, one of the saw the bovine barn, and asked what that was. My buddy told them it was cattle. Next they passed the sheep barn, and the guy said, "Ah the sheep barn, I know what that is, you can drop me off right here, baa-baa"
-
White Sox agree to terms with McCulloch
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:24 AM) If they were concerned about his drop in velocity they wouldn't have drafted him in the 1st round. I don't think they are worried, like they think it is a forever kind of thing, more like they know he threw a lot of high stress innings, and want to ease him into professional competition, while not risking any injuries from being tired. I have nothing to base this on, other than pure speculation on my part.
-
Republicans Kill Immigration Bill for the year
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:02 AM) Hey maestro, could you give me something a little more dramatic? I suppose I could have quoted a bunch of blogs, or gone on a long dramatic rant, but there wasn't much point. You all know how I feel about this, and all you have to do is make a Google News search to see how many locals are near bankruptcy from illegals. Maybe later I'll entertain the masses...
-
Anyone ever meet a "famous" musician before?
Lets see... Styx (cool, friendly guys) Villiage People (great guys, REALLY funny, Awesome show) Kenny Rogers (kind of a jerk, SUCKED in concert) Travis Tritt (biggest asshole and hypocrate ever) Doobie Bros (friendly guys as well) REO Speedwagon (awesome Chicago guys) Faith Hill (Really nice, and down to earth) Charile Daniels (very cool dude) CCR (minus John Fogarty) I know there are some I am forgetting... I spent a few years working on the grandstand staff for the county fair, setting up the concerts.
-
Ozzie has some words for Mariotti
QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:15 AM) Yeah, compare using some insensitive words...not actions...words...to slavery. Good comparison. OK, take the N-word today then. It still doesn't make it right.
-
Smoltz
Before Maggs last year there was a A Jones/ Ortiz for Maggs deal that was close to done.
-
Ozzie has some words for Mariotti
QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 07:57 AM) I think the term *** and the term gay are being used more often, and not really to address homosexuals. I call things gay all the time, and it has nothing to do with homosexuals. I see these terms being more used as 'dork'. Not that it is right. That being said, Ozzie needs to never use that term around the media. It makes him look bad. Just because people do something doesn't make it right. People held slaves 200 years ago, it was a common practice, that doesn't mean it was right. When you are talking about degrading a class of people, for no other reason than because of who they are, its wrong.
-
Smoltz
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 07:34 AM) There has been speculation of a Smoltz/Zumaya trade which looks like a decent deal for the Braves, especially since they aren't going to win anything this season but it also would solidify the Detroit rotation. That would be the ultimate payback for the Doyle Alexander/John Smoltz deal.
-
Ozzie has some words for Mariotti
There really is no excuse for anyone using a derogatory term towards another group, as an insult towards a person. I don't think Ozzie would like it too much if I referred to someone on here as a "wetback" or "s***" would he? Common sense would dictate that it wasn't necessary to use a term like that, but when it comes to outbursts Ozzie never really has demonstrated much of that... Oz is just lucky that he is one hell of a manager or he would have been run out of town long ago for this kind of stuff, instead it will be swept under the rug and defended... But hey, these count as stories for the media watch, right?
-
Smoltz
QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 12:09 AM) People said that about hitting 100 mil. on the payroll as well. Well some people said that...
-
Psyche
Can you imagine what it feels like to be beating a team 10-1 and look up to see the team chasing you winning 20-2? Its gotta make you just shake your head.
-
White Sox agree to terms with McCulloch
I have a feeling either the Sox are concerned about the drop in velocity so they want to take it easy on him this year, or this will be a short stop in Great Falls.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#
Damn and missed this game for softball
-
France and the Africas and America: a twisted threesome
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 03:33 PM) http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolu...alph_peters.htm I had quite a bit of derision for the French in my blog entry on this, but let me just say: I loathe France. Really? I hadn't noticed. To be honest I quit reading when you referred to them as "Frogs"
-
Republicans Kill Immigration Bill for the year
Wonderful. So now we do nothing and by the time they deal with this again, another million people are here illegally. It is ever so much fun watching the social network collapse around us...
-
Soxtalk's consumer thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 03:23 PM) oh, it's good to see the love in here for Comcast, BTW. And what happened to that free HBO you were gonna hook me up wit?
-
Soxtalk's consumer thread
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 03:03 PM) Switch to Cingular. It's the best. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 03:09 PM) I personally had bad issues with Cingular, but that's here in Dallas. I'm with Verizon now and it works better and doesn't drop as many calls as Cingular did. f*** Cingular. They are a bunch of crooks. They tried to scumbag me out of cancelation fees, when they said they were being waved, they lied to me about getting out of a contract, and they lied to be about who to be contacting with problems.
-
Cindy Sheehan at it again
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:52 PM) Oh, come on -- that's rule number one in politics, not just in the Republican playbook. In an adversarial political system (which is what we have, what with checks and balances and two parties), that's the way it goes. I'm not so sure that those are insults, mate. They may have connotations amongst certain segments of the populace, but they are very much ideologies and fair titles of political philosophy. Neoconservatism is a very well segment of the Republican Party, formerly having been in the Democratic Party, started up by Norman Podhoretz and his friends at Commentary Magazine. "Neocon" isn't an insult -- it's an ideology. Also: I think "Christian Right" might have a negative connotation in Liberal circles, but it very well is an accurate representation of what Pat Robertson and James Dobson do: they are on the Right side of the political spectrum; they focus on Biblical and moral policy. Christian Right an insult? That mother f***ing Lyndon Johnson! Those terms alone are not slander, and neither is "liberal". But they get used as an insult everyday in some way, shape, or form. To call it a "republician" rule is misleading, and that's why I threw those two terms out there.
-
It was inevitable... Myspace being sued for $30 mil
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:26 PM) Wanna have some fun? Contact the scumbag attorney here. Nice, that's an 800 number too, so everytime you get through, the owner of the number gets charged for it.
-
Cindy Sheehan at it again
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:25 PM) No, Abe, rule number one is to use the word liberal as an insult. "Neo-con" "Christian right"
-
Soxtalk's consumer thread
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 01:25 PM) Funny that you mention this because I just bought a refurbished C315 (5.0 MP) last week from the same seller. The sales price on the camera is 150 but I got it for 90 + shipping. I was looking at the Z7590 as well, but that was a little out of my league price-wise. Very nice piece of equiptment though. I stayed with my Z700, 4MP, 20X zoom.
-
Official NBA Playoffs Thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 11:40 AM) Now that I agree with 100%. I've been yelling at the tv the whole damn series (yes, including game one and two) QUIT TAKING THE DAMN JUMPSHOT!!!!! Dallas is most dangerous when they run and get easy points, or they get points in the 10 foot and in area at first and THEN work the ball outside. If they start jumpshots early, Miami wins and it's over tonight. The irony is that the Mavs have to look no further than the Bulls to confirm that... When the Bulls were beating the Heat, it was when they were taking the ball to the hole. They started losing when they became perimeter oriented. You have to get Shaq and the front line into foul trouble, and then ride Wade on defense like a horse, smacking him off of screens, while grabbing and slowing him down on the offensive end. Tire him out, beat him up. Then, you can beat the Heat.