Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:28 PM) It is very hard to compare normal everyday things and your job to a team sport. It is a lot different. I work in a very intense industry where millions dollars are at stake at every single second. Believe me, I understand what goes on in the the pressure aspect of things, maybe more so than professtional athletes whose contracts for the most part are guarenteed. Pods drops a fly ball in left, he doesn't lose a dime. I make an error on a trade, the potential losses are limitless. Many industries compare well to sports, we just aren't on TV.
  2. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:13 PM) Yea, but you're an arrogant prick who irritates the boss so badly that it makes it impossible for him to be able to wait to chew you a new rear end.. And?
  3. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/15/D8I8LJBG0.html Amongst the documents found while chasing Zarqawi includes one that basically says the Al Qaeda in Iraq should try to get the US to fight a war with Iran to open up a new front and take the pressure off of them, also they were trying to destroy relations between the US and Iraqi Shiites Translated Text of the document
  4. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:05 PM) I got you beat... and not in green. Michael Jackson. And has the picture to prove it
  5. QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:05 PM) I thought most bosses will chew your ass out after meetings are over, not in front of the big cahunas(sp?). Ozzie Guillen isn't most bosses either. Trust me, I have been chewed out in front of everyone and behind close doors... It happens everywhere.
  6. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:58 PM) I hate you. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night
  7. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:42 PM) Worst reference in recent Soxtalk history? Chances of that are... remote
  8. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:36 PM) Ray is by far the funniest guy I've ever met. Albert is all bark and no bite. I'll never forget him about falling off of the stage at Soxfest in 2000 when I told Cal Eldred he was the most popular guy in Chicago after being aquired for Jaime Navarro. He kept laughing and teasing Eldred the whole rest of the time they signed, calling him "Mr Popularity"
  9. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:23 PM) ...with the contract ending after the 2006 season. This was exactly the sort of guy Williams was looking for. If the bullpen continues on in these dire straits, he may go for broke and make some sort of blockbuster deal around the deadline. But, in the meantime, Riske will be used in an attempt to stop the bleeding. It's almost a showcase to see if more drastic moves need to be made. Consider this a McDonalds wake up call to Agustin Montero and Cliff Politte.
  10. Well it is kind of gray area'd because really he did deal with him behind closed doors in a way. He didn't bash Tracey to the media, and he talked to him after he got to the dugout. Yeah the cameras caught the incident, but it wasn't Ozzie's intent for this to be public. I'm not happy with the way it went, but like I said, that wasn't meant for our consumtion in the first place.
  11. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:05 PM) I don't think he's as electric as Marte, but his head probably isn't as screwed up. Its well worth the gamble IMO. I'd much rather has Riske come in with the game on the line than Montero, no matter what his reputation. I really don't think KW could have acquired more for Lopez, and it would have taken several injuries to get him to Chicago. I am not downtalking this deal at all, just making a comparision based on the talk that was going on... I love the deal. QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:07 PM) With the current state of the bullpen, many would welcome Marte back with open arms. That's not such a bad thing right now...If its true... If we didn't already have great LHs in the pen, I would love him back, especially since Mackowiak hasn't really impressed me much.
  12. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:43 PM) Indians fans will tell you Riske sometimes suffers from the, as Hawk likes to say, "can't pull a greased tee out of his ass with a pair of pliers" syndrome, although he can be very tough. I do recall, at least 3 or 4 years ago, he was compared to Keith Foulke. So are we talking about a RH Damaso Marte? Million dollar arm, 10 cent head? Meh, its still an improvement on the question marks we had, plus he will be the middle relief guy, not nearly as much pressure there.
  13. QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 11:23 AM) They'll have to average about 36,000 a game. If the current average is at 34,615 then they are damn close. They haven't even played the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals or Astros yet... Which means they pretty much have to sell out every game the rest of the way to push the average up to over 36K. I know we still have some good teams coming in, but we still do have teams like KC to play as well.
  14. I didn't know about a bad back until now, but on the surface, how can you not like this deal? We gave up a guy with picked up for nothing to get a solid RH reliever, who will step right into the set up role. Even if his back acts up, we still lost nothing. Great move, especially this early in the season...
  15. http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/06/15/scotus.s...h.ap/index.html
  16. The worst possible thing that could happen to the Cubs for Sox fans would be to have them sold off. A new owner wouldn't be nearly as interested in the profit margin, and would invest into the team much more than the TribCo ever did.
  17. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/15/...D8I8KL7G1.shtml Also this could be the new face of Al Qaeda in Iraq http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/15/...main/index.html
  18. Did you have this story from page 2 of the Trib in your counts for yesterday? "Outside trial, Daleys talk--about Sox"
  19. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 09:28 AM) You mean folks who aren't ready to be parents and not children with severe developmental issues, correct? I am definately referring to kids who are aborted with simple defects. Many aren't even severe issues.
  20. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:50 PM) Maybe. But it seemed as if his repo jobs in Atlanta seemed to adjust pretty quick (I'm thinking of Thomson and Wright, mostly), and I don't see why Baltimore would be any different. The Baltimore pitchers even seemed to regress. They have had a good few weeks, so it could be he's turning them around. And don't get me wrong, I've been a pretty big Mazzone believer, to the point of heavily drafting O's pitchers in the late rounds of fantasy drafts. Among my many bad choices. The difference being he had a staff full of guys he had worked with an a couple of new guys, versus having a whole staff of guys he had never worked with at all. It might even be next year before you really see some of these guys emerge.
  21. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 07:35 AM) Assured, too. Is it mathmatically possible? With the lower capacity, I don't think they will be able to sell enough tickets to push the average up high enough to get over the 2.9 million mark.
  22. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:34 PM) I can't recall clearly, but I'm pretty sure the ball Wilkerson went after was higher up the wall, whereas Pods pretty much had that ball. It hit him in the palm, and he dropped it before he hit the wall.
  23. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:50 AM) Do warnings carry over from game to game? If not, we have to start throwing at people first. They do not. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:53 AM) The umpires could very well issue warnings before the game today to avoid any sort of conflict. This is very likely. The possibility also exsists that no warnings will be issued, but the umps mindful of the situation at hand will still throw out a pitcher who throws at someone intentionally, even before warnings are issued.
  24. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 09:05 AM) Where in this thread did I say that I agree with abortion? The truth is that I don't know at what point human life becomes a human being. I hate the idea of abortion myself, but I think this is a policy decision that is more public health than politics, and ultimately should be left up to public health officials to decide what a safe, ethical policy should be. The health exceptings I can rationalize. The abortion for birth control and less than desirable babies really bothers me. http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/new...,2683147.column
  25. Throw away the key and void his contract.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.