Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Damn I wouldn't want to be Josh's keyboard right now.
  2. QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:24 PM) Maybe someone will buy them for you as a baby shower gift... No one had better. The baby is way more important. (damn I can't believe I just said that )
  3. QUOTE(ilsox7 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:23 PM) So I've had it all wrong... Some people need the beer to get the chicks
  4. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:15 PM) Come on dude you can scratch up 41 bucks. Skip Ricobenes for a few weeks. It would be $99. The wife would go too, plus parking. But we really are saving every spare $ for a down payment.
  5. Damn I want to go so bad... stupid baby and house taking up all my money, I'll have to remind my kid of this the rest of her life.
  6. One Beer I did forget that you basically cam only get in Texas is Shider Boch. mmmmmmmm.
  7. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:23 PM) It's the green bottles. Completely true. They don'y block UV rays and the UV causes a beer to be "light struck". The skunky taste is a bunch of chemical reactions as a result of being light struck, most notable the production of dimethyl sulfate (DMS), which is the Green Giant Niblets corn gone bad taste in a severely light struk bottle of Rolling Rock. Huh, you learn something new everyday. Thank God for this thread
  8. QUOTE(ilsox7 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:22 PM) Because it's marketed so well. A lot of people drink it thinking they are drinking "good beer." I believe it was the number one import in the US for a while until Corona took that spot. Again, Corona is nice every so often, but is not "good beer" as many would lead you to believe. I may need to hide now, as I know the President of Barton, which imports Corona into half of the US. I don't get what people taste in Corona. That is one beer I cannot stand. Give me a Dos Equis anyday.
  9. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:05 PM) I'm trying to decide if I am hungry for lunch. If I am hungry...what do I want? You want a hot dog... with ketchup
  10. QUOTE(ilsox7 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:16 PM) IMO, Heineken is one of the beers that just loses a lot in export. Same with Grolsch. When I lived in The Netherlands, a Grolsch was often the beer of choice. Over here, it generally tastes like piss b/c the beer wasn't treated properly in export. Happens to Heineken a lot, too. Oh well. I agree. I love a good Heinie, but that and Rolling Rock I get more skunky bottles of for some reason or another.
  11. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:01 PM) I actually find the Arrogant to be superior to Double. Jim...lay off my Mom. Why? No one else has Pfew that never gets old.
  12. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:56 AM) I'll tell you, form the "player rep" reports I got (ahem), there's a lot of pissed off campers. Not only did they take a 24% paycut, they have to set aside 15% more of their checks in a trust. That just f'in blows, if you're a player. But, Goodenow was told to get the hell out last week at their meetings after the ratification vote was taken. It just took a week to break. Wow that is 40% of your paycheck gone. I don't care who you are, that sucks.
  13. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:53 AM) Yes, and there's a lot more to the story... Like his being forced out? That would be my guess anyway.
  14. Goodenow had to resign, he just got the s*** kicked out of him in this. He screwed up BIG TIME by underestimating the resolve of the owners.
  15. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:44 AM) when the baseball hof had that traveling exhibit at the Field Museum I saw one of the Babe's bats. They were like giant logs. I remember seeing the samething. What gave you perspective was they had one of Mark McGwires bats next to it and it was TINY.
  16. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:22 AM) Zeke's in Dowajiac Michigan usually has it if you're up for the drive. Other than that, you just have to pick some up next time your in Chicago. Hmmm, I'll have to check at some of the downtown liquor stores. If not I'll have to see if I can find a big chain to have it.
  17. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:40 AM) Look at all the love for the Belgians!!! You guys rock. And SS, if you think Blue Moon is good, go to the source of inspiration and get spme Hoegarden. Heaven (and God may or may not live there. ) DBAHO as for the technical explanation of why you like the Leffe: it's what we beer folks call real real good. I'd love to try it and all, but where the hell would I find it around Michigan City?
  18. Regular members can't send group PMs. It is set up that way to prevent people signing up here to spam you all. It all prevents other problems that could happen. My advice would be to PMs all of the people under the admin group, and copy and paste the same message to each of them, letting them know that you sent them all the samething. If it is something that needs discussing, they will all discuss it and figure out what needs to be fixed or done.
  19. So many beers... so little time. My personal fav was a real Canadian Labatts 50-50. In the US its Blue Moon.
  20. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:40 AM) When I think trade-dealine moves, I think proven veterans or someone with can't-miss success written all over him. See, my ideal deadline move is very similar to what the Cardinals did last season to acquire Larry Walker. Walker was a proven veteran with a big stick and the burning desire to get a WS ring. Overbay-though talented, would likely platoon and may or may not a significant amount of offensive fire-power Huff-although more proven, isn't the type of guy that strikes fear in the hearts of his opponents; plus, neither one of these guys would provide a veteran spark. The Sox had a deal worked out for Walker, but he wouldn't waive his no trade clause. Same with Carlos Delgado. Once again, if Kenny doesn't get a deal done, it isn't for a lack of trying.
  21. QUOTE(OldRetiredGuy @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:44 AM) I didn't say there wasn't one, I just said I couldn't remember. Senior moment. Thank you. I wasn't trying to show you up or anything... It just popped into my head and I thought it merited mentioning.
  22. Remember when everyone was fawning over Gload and talking about how we had to get him up here? Some of us argued that he wouldn't make that much of a difference because he wouldn't be playing very often, and that could be a problem? Well this is Gload after the game yesterday. I know he is pissed, but I don't like seeing guys who are the 26th man on a 25 man roster complain about playing time. If it wasn't for Frank's injury, he wouldn't be here in the first place. He is lucky to be on this team. It is his job as a bench player to stay fresh by taking grounders in BP if that's what it takes to keep him sharp. But him playing 1B only every couple of weeks is what we need him to do. Konerko is going to be the everyday starter, and if Gload can't handle what we ask of him, by the words out of his very own mouth, then we need to find someone who can.
  23. QUOTE(OldRetiredGuy @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:32 AM) I'm trying to remember in my 50+ years of watching baseball, if I can recall a protest changing the outcome of a game. I can't. It always seems more like theatrics. George Brett and the pine tar bat is the only time I can think of.
  24. I'll be Josh is creaming himself with antica- pation

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.