Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
How many Eric Chavez topics will be created today?
a google.
-
Allow me to open a big, fat can of worms.
QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:33 PM) If Borowski returns to being good, Remlinger comes back, Prior and Wood get healthy, and Williamson gets healthy, that is not true. Once their starters get healthy (if they do), it trickles down to the BP. Starters Wood Prior Zambrano Maddux Rusch BP Remlinger Borowski Dempster Scott Williamson I count 5 "if's" in that statement. That saids it all for me.
-
Amnesty International donations
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:23 PM) I think Amnesty has done amazing things during its existence, and prisoner rights' abuses worldwide would be orders of magnitudes worse than they are now without groups like them, Red Cross, etc., monitoring conditions. I don't believe any of their number are any less prone to err than anyone else, but I don't see that anything here could be construed as likely to change the focus of the organization. It's refreshing to see people walk it like they talk it. At least you know where people stand on things. Would anybody be surprised to learn that many of the Board of Directors of the NRA made private donations to the Bush campaign? Private money and personal beliefs/causes = no conflict as far as I'm concerned. And the $2,000 limit on personal donations is a reasonable safeguard against a few extremely wealthy individuals buying candidates. That's twice you have sighted the NRA now. My question is does the NRA has nuetrality in its charter anywhere? If you as an individual believe in something enough, that you are willing to donate money to it, are you really nuetral enough to not let it influence your treatment of the opposite? Take the Supreme Court. Do you feel comfortable with the ability of Souder to stay nuetral while hanging out with Dick Cheney on the side in his private life? I think it crosses an ethical line, and it makes anything that they publish a lot more suspect. If they were a liberal or conservative organization in their charter and gave to those organizations that is one thing, but when your leadership has stock in one group over another, yet is trying to tell me they aren't against or supporting any government, it rings hollow with me.
-
Kevin Walk-er... HE GAWN!
QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:56 PM) A little blurb from the official White Sox site today, take it for what it's worth: ------------------ For future notice, Gload, Willie Harris and Timo Perez all have options still remaining, although Perez is unlikely to move from the active roster. Utility player Pablo Ozuna is out of options, meaning he would have to clear waivers if designated for assignment when Gload returns. ------------------ So its either Willie or someone going to the DL, and with Carl starting to hit again, I think that eliminates that option. f***.
-
Our manager is clueless with the bullpen
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:44 PM) Do you know why Snoopp Dogg always carries an umbrella? For drizzle And that sad thing is, as bad as that joke is, it is way better than most of this thread
-
Franks at bat last nite
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:18 PM) Why would you pitch to Frank. He is a future HOF and hits to all fields. Behind him you have a guy who hasnt seen a pitch he doesnt like. Pulls the ball only. Tomahawks the ball at his head. And spins like a top. Because is coming off of a serious injury, has a hip injury, has 3 ML ABs all year to go along with hitting under .200 in 50 minor league ABs, and hasn't looked sharp yet.
-
Possible Trade Between the Royals and Angels
QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:28 PM) If they make this trade, Kenny better get a big bat in here soon too to counter. With the Angels pitching, BP and O (after this trade), they would be favorites to win it all (injuries notwithstanding) The Angels starting rotation is still a little suspect. Other than that they would be awesome.
-
Our manager is clueless with the bullpen
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:19 PM) I think you need to parktake as well, calm you guys down a bit, I feel like this thread has gone from argument to garbage way too quickly. This thread was destined to end up here. Just look at the title.
-
The OFFICIAL off day thread
QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:17 PM) I was going to say have a brew and enjoy a day without any b****ing and complaining... but its way to late for that... just have the brew... That's what I did last night. The Icehouse was a flowin... Sorry guys I just can't lower myself to PBR.
-
The OFFICIAL off day thread
I think we already have two threads for this today... Sorry Will
-
Franks at bat last nite
QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:11 PM) I heard Buehrle's was louder.... :banghead But Willies was loudest of all M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P
-
France Rejects EU
QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:17 AM) But the dirty little secret of the EU Constitution is that it did literally nothing. It just furthered a political integration that wasn't nearly to the level of the economic integration Europe has acheived in the last thirty years. I think that we're seeing a unique model of economic interdependence with political independence, and if I was still into studying that stuff, I might actually find it pretty exciting. What it would have achieved, and the political landmines surrounding it are two different things. And it is those same politics that will keep countries from dropping the dollar as the currency of choice. The second line I totally agree with. It is a unique period of history we are seeing.
-
*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread
QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:51 AM) Im totally shocked that reinsdorf will add 10 mil to our payroll... Why? Sox payroll has gone up $25 million in two years, or 50%.
-
Our manager is clueless with the bullpen
QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:48 AM) Hey Terry do you have any extra tickets for some upcoming games? PS - What was Ozzie thinking putting Timo in there last nite? As I hope everyone can tell I am not taking any of this seriously. And to add to that, why isn't Willie Harris starting?
-
Amnesty International donations
Looks like they didn't read their own charter too closely. http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050602-120456-1031r.htm
-
Our manager is clueless with the bullpen
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:23 AM) It's got 1,000 potential, especially if Ozzie keeps screwing things up, it may be resurrected all year. No doubt. This has b****ass passionless Sox potential or Continuing Delcline potential [/trip through soxtalk history]
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:26 AM) Good idea. So what do I get? Double your admins salary...
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:31 AM) Maybe Kap can set a hidden doomsday switch that will completely GUBAR ("Gaged Up Beyond All Repair") the site with the millionth post. or we could just tell Jason to fix something... either way works.
-
Who should be demoted
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:01 AM) Don't just sit there and talk, rig it! Well afterall we are Chicagoians, either in reality or in spirit.
-
Who should be demoted
One million votes for Timo.
-
Our manager is clueless with the bullpen
QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:29 AM) Geez SS2K I give a long response to your little question and you dont even respond back...I'm offended uhh, thank you ?.?
-
*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:18 AM) Neal.. With Ozzie as manager we should all know the answer. Timo.
-
*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:10 AM) Spot start hermy bring up Baj to mop up in his stead, Tracy, anyone. The positives of having a gold-glove masher at third far outweigh the negatives of having an ok 6th starter. At this point, from what I have seen of BMAC, hes ok when brought up, but through his two starts, he hasnt been exactly super. Wow that is even scarier, then who closes?
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:56 AM) How about a prize for the millionth post? Should be coming up sometime next season at the current pace, right? Depending on how the season goes, it could be around New Years. During the season we have been averaging about 50,000 posts a month. It does drop off during the off-season, but if the Sox crash and burn, or win this thing, that number could go up significantly. The site has been over 2000 posts each of the last two days, with all of the controversy going on, and it isn't hard to imagine it going higher if we go into a slump of somekind. Actually that could be a fun contest. Predict a million? Have people pick a date that the 1 millionth post will occur on.
-
Our manager is clueless with the bullpen
QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:03 AM) personally I think he meant this as a joke. But you know him better than I. It was meant as a joke. Sorry guys, I had no intention of getting into the middle of this.