Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
O fors
So in reality, Willie and Scotty have been awesome in doing their jobs of getting on base. Tadahito has taken over the 2004 job of Willie for getting 3 hits in one game, and then going 0 fer the next two games. Also it is impressive to see Crede so high on that list, for a guy who never walks.
-
When are we going to sell out a game?
>Welcome to Soxtalk... But a word of advice. Attendance threads will make you not very well liked real quick.
-
TIMO
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:49 PM) The problem with Willie, and I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, is that he never head first slides. I know it's a preference thing, but it's my preference that he not waste outs by sliding feet first. If you think about it, the feet first slide is definitely slower. I can't say how much, but if it's 1/5 of a second slower, that's obviously what's hurting him. It's obvious that he's got speed. That theoretical .2 seconds is a big deal. QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:59 PM) Good point. It is also that much harder to get get around the tag. You have so many options with the head first slide to evade the tag. Players should only do a feet first slide if they know for a fact that they are gonna be safe. Which doesn't happen often since most stolen base are contested. Both real good points. I know I love to slide headfirst, just for the last second flexibility it provides. If the tag looks to be coming from one side, you can yank the hand back, and throw in the other one. The feet first slide is also good if you want to stop quickly, or be able to get back on your feet quickly. A headfirst slide doesn't give you that.
-
TIMO
QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:45 PM) Wait what happened to Dye? Dye has a really bad flu bug according to Ozzie. They hope to have him able to play on Tuesday.
-
TIMO
QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:43 PM) Timo needs a shot, he was the key for game three in the sox vs. cubs game at U.S. Celluar last season. Give the guy a break Timo is a lazy POS who hit the lottery in the off season. I can't wait until he is gone.
-
TIMO
QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:43 PM) Timo should not start against a lefthander. No Dye No Ozuna No Uribe No Gload Unless you want Everett starting in RF, you really don't have any choice but to start Timo... as much as it pains me to say it.
-
TIMO
QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:29 PM) Who is definitely out for tomorrow's game ... Guillen wants to keep Uribe and Ozuna out until Tuesday, Dye is suffering with a bad flu bug. I guess everybody else can play. That means Podsednik and Perez in there vs. a lefty unless Dye gets better overnite. Guillen likes to throw guys right in there so Lopez will probably play but I have no problem with Harris getting the start, he has not been hurting the team at SS. Willie has looked like a starter all season so far. Ozzie has done a great job of getting him good match ups. Plus he looks like he isn't afraid to steal a base.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Also FWIW, Twins won again today against the California Angels (f*** them, I'll call them what I want) 4-2, so we stay a game and a half up on the hard charging Twinks.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:22 PM) Tomorrow's May 1. Wow. I need some sleep... or waaaaay more beer.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:16 PM) BTW, I think we equaled the best April in the history of our franchise. 17-7. With a chance to beat that tommorrow
-
TIMO
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:18 PM) Maroth? I just looked it up... Ledezma/Garland
-
TIMO
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:17 PM) Is Bonderman pitching tomorrow? Or .... ack, can't think of his name -- the twenty game loser? f***, what the hell is his name? Maroth?
-
Tiggers @ White Sox - Game 4-30-05
QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:15 PM) The turning point was El Duque striking out two men with a runner on 3rd. I could tell that gritiness gave us some life. He was all fired up after that too. He went into the dugout yelling at everyone trying to get them fired up as well. Then the bats woke up. Good Call 3E8.
-
Official NBA Playoffs Thread
QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 07:37 PM) I think I saw chandler contributing today... When he wasn't getting man-handled by etan thomas... It was impressive to see the guy show up, since he took the first two games off and all.
-
Notes: Big Hurt moving full speed
QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:11 PM) Well, the Gload thing appears to be legit. DJ mentioned that Gload has constantly had an ice bag on his shoulder. Jermaine Dye has probably never been happier to see an April end, now we know why Timo was in the lineup. Probably tomorrow too. Tigers start a lefty tomorrow I think, possibly Pedro Lopez debut? I feel all grouchy all of the sudden. This must be how it feels to be quickman.
-
Players You Love to Watch...
I love watching Vlad hit, as he can hit any pitch within 2 feet of the plate. I love watching Torri Hunter play CF I love watching Randy Johnson and Roger Clemens pitch I love watching Spod run the bases It amazes me to watch Barry Bonds take pitches.
-
Notes: Big Hurt moving full speed
Jesus, we lose Dye now too? f*** that means Timo.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:04 PM) Gooch is holding it together for us right now. He's a machine up there. And it seems like he is hitting late, clutch, and against good pitching.
-
Tiggers @ White Sox - Game 4-30-05
I almost turned off the game after Pauly lined into that double play. I swore the game was over at that point. If that ball is a foot either way, this game gets blown open. And with the way we had been playing, I would have never guessed we would string that many big hits together. To the Clutch Sox
-
TIMO
Can we have the clutch Timo arguement again?
-
A minor suggestion
QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 06:18 PM) Harrelson and DJ just said Ozzie's thinking about breaking the two up. Hawk said "Got to, got to." And you know Hawk got the idea from here
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
HALLUJAH!!!!!! The 7th inning was a thing of beauty, especially after the bases loaded, no outs, bomb.
-
Crude Oil crashes on the close
QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 05:35 PM) Oil fell a couple of weeks ago and then the price rebounded to the upper 50's so I'm cautiously optimistic at best here Charts are showing lower highes, and lower lows... $50 was a huge number to break through, as they couldn't do this last time. Plus closing on the lows after a $2 sell off is another big technical sign.
-
Gio Put on Disabled List
QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 05:59 PM) http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3154432 That sucks, let's hope Gio is ok and this start won't cost him the Minor League Strikeout lead. Unless one Brandon McCarthy takes it from him Get well soon Gio!
-
It's not the Crede, Arow, or Mendoza Line!
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 05:26 PM) We walked 7 times last night, several of which were lead off walks. Obp and drawing walks means nothing at all if you can't get the clutch hit. The stat that really bothers me about this team is average with RISP. We had 10 walks last night. I'd rather go back to no walks and the clutch hit than that crap we saw last night :puke