Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Some JR luvin'
I can't wait to see the reponses to this one.
-
Official Game Thread 5-3-05
QUOTE(Steff @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:13 AM) Taking the little one tonight.. I hope Mark is his usual fast self.. Brrrr, its going to be a cold one for a little guy.
-
Ordonez exit made Sox better
QUOTE(Steff @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:59 AM) Gotcha. Although I didn't associate anything from Cleveland in there.. It's funny how you and I took the comment to mean something along the same lines and Mike took it to mean something relating to the injury.. Yeah, the statement was fairly ambiguous. It is interesting how it comes off completely different to other people.
-
Wood out at least three weeks...
QUOTE(eveninfirstplacetheseatsareempty @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:53 AM) what a comment!!! Steve Stone for pitching coach!! That would be awesome, huh? Why isn't the HAWK your batting coach, genius?
-
Jeff Van Gundy
QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 3, 2005 -> 08:59 AM) First, David Stern is an egotistical, egomaniac screwoff. Having said that, JVG basically is saying that the league is throwing the series on purpose to the Mavs. You can't have people going around saying that the league is throwing the series. If anything, Houston would get the benefit because of the "superstar" potential in the ratings as they go further. The thing is Larry Brown goes half a step short of saying this every night, and nothing ever happens to him. This punishment is a joke.
-
Ordonez exit made Sox better
QUOTE(Steff @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:45 AM) I don't get how he compared Maggs to Albert...?? Did Albert say ONE negative word about the Sox when he left...?? No. Did he talk s*** about the GM...? No. Did he talk s*** about the owner...? No. Did he talk s*** about them not giving him more $$..? No. As a matter of fact Albert praised Jerry Manuel to no end, and talked nothing but good about his time in Chicago. I think he was going for the injured and never going to be the same ballplayer again angle.
-
Another Great Boyer Idea...
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:38 AM) It's the little things like these that Brooks is doing, that is really going to make things a lot easier for the fans, and I'm sure they really appreciate it, and hopefully it will show in the attendance figures especially in the 2nd half of the year if the Sox are still in contention, which we all hope they are. The bandwagon will fill if the Sox are winning, there is no doubt. The genius of what Brooks is doing is building a fan base. There is a big, big difference. He is reversing 20 years of questionable to lacksadaisical practices by that department. He is getting the team exposure in new markets, and he is making the team attractive. He is slowly making it "cool" to be a southsider again. He is also doing everything in his power to make fans in every concievable fashion possible. You like baseball but don't speak English? No problem, listen to the Sox in Spanish. You want to see the Sox, but can't afford the $40 to park downtown at work, and at the ballpark, no problem, park here for $17, and pay $3 for the Red Line back and forth. You're a teacher who doesn't make much? No problem here are 75% off passes. You say you don't know who these guys are and all of our stars have been traded? No problem, watch the commercials and get to know these guys. Watch 20 spring training games, and listen to the player interviews. You're serving our country, and are home for a break? No problem catch a game on us. Have kids? No problem, Try fundementals and Kid's Days. Have some ideas that might help promote this team? No problem, send the team an email and they will respond. I am so excited about the direction of this franchise because of the front office, it isn't even funny.
-
Stadium Club incident
QUOTE(Steff @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:34 AM) I'm not familiar with her really. Didn't she write something in support of R. Kelly once..? I don't read either newspaper... I line my dogs boxes with them You sure that doesn't scare them? They could see Kotex-boys face and run!
-
Another Great Boyer Idea...
Glad to see they got this done. This was something Brooks mentioned at Soxfest.
-
**Official CUBS SUCK thread**
- THE POTATO
- New Family Guy
QUOTE(Spiff @ May 2, 2005 -> 06:37 PM) Somehow I think Arrested Development goes over a few people's heads. I was thinking the samething- Boyer Genius shows again
QUOTE(JimH @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:09 AM) Sox did this back in the late 60's or 70's, can't remember exactly. The radio color guy was Chico Carrasquel. Good idea by the White Sox. Especially with as many Latin players as the Sox have on their roster. It really gives everyone someone to identify with.- Impressed by Iguchi?
QUOTE(Finkelstein @ May 3, 2005 -> 08:59 AM) So far so good on Iguchi, I am interested to see what adjustments are made by pitchers once they get a look at him. I think that he is going to see a lot more slow curves and sliders the next time through the division. He has proven that he can hit the hard stuff, has stuggled a bit against good breaking balls. Hopefully he will be able to make adjustments to whatever the pitchers throw at him. On another note, I am new to the site and love what I see so far. It will be nice to have somewhere to "SoxTalk" with fellow fans. Welcome to Soxtalk- Stadium Club incident
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 3, 2005 -> 08:53 AM) She's the 'race writer' of the paper. I'm not sure if you follow her, but 95% of her articles are about racism. I see and call racism a lot, but a lot of the time she's really reaching for a story. Thanks for the notes... I rarely read the ST.- Ordonez exit made Sox better
- Boyer Genius shows again
- Stadium Club incident
So the guy disagrees with the waitstaff, and then swears at one of them, and then calls it racism? Please.- Jon Garland
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 2, 2005 -> 06:11 PM) Yeah, I wasn't in favor of giving him an extension, but it's not like they gave him a huge untradeable contract. I'm personally with you on him, but if you could resign a 25 year old pitcher who seems like he's putting it together for 6 mil a year when Kris Benson is getting way more than that, you resign him because even if he does bad, you could trade him. And as a middle of the pack team, you have to take some risks like that. If you wait to try to resign players, you will lose them if they get too good, and you won't want them if they aren't. The Indians of the mid 90s are the perfect model for this. They identified guys that they wanted to be a part of the core of their team, and signed them to multi-year deals ASAP. It was either take a risk, or risk losing them for nothing in FA.- Official Game Thread 5-3-05
Wow, I just noticed that if the Royals are 5-6 on the road, that means they are 2-12 at home. Damn.- New May Wallpaper
Ian, those are both kickass wallpapers... :fyou the haters- Impressed by Iguchi?
I know I am as well. The impressive thing about his offense is who he is getting hits against. It always seems like his hits come against the tough pitchers. I remember he hit Santana like a pro, and a couple of other guys. Tads is solid.- Jeff Van Gundy
QUOTE(YASNY @ May 3, 2005 -> 05:45 AM) He would have been better off to attack a fan. :rolly That gives you a little perspective doesn't it- Bulls ticket
They aren't selling nearly as many tickets as the glory days. PLus those seats are expensive!- Browns TE Winslow Injured
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 3, 2005 -> 08:00 AM) Thanks D
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.