Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Now they are reporting a 2nd volcano has shown signs of life http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...no_050413141753
  2. Looks like we could have a German Pope if the Italian media is to be believed. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7488329/
  3. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:46 PM) I'm not arguing with you, but the article says the changeover is complete, yet they will be changing the seats all year, and supposedly won't be done until opening day next year. That doesn't make sense. I'll bet you a beer that in addition to the color change, there will be other alterations to the seating sections of USCF. It may not be the so-called HR porch, but I do think they will increase capacity. I hope they do add back some capacity that they lost. They can sell every bit of 50,000 seats for the Cubs, Yankees, and Red Sox series, in addition to opening. I am not sure what they would do to add back now, but who knows. But I'll take your bet, because all indications seem to indicate that they are done with the big work. If it wasn't for the color change of the seats, no one would have ever known that was even happening.
  4. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/tax...2005/index.html
  5. QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:39 PM) So to recap, I finally got a job back in radio. Damn that was my next guess... Congrats!!!
  6. That's nothing, I got a 2500 last week.
  7. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:27 PM) This is because the phase 5 renovations had already been announced and were in progress Maybe they had some funds left over, and decided to do it now. Changing seats whether it is to change the color scheme or because the other ones are worn out is a renovation. Call it what you like to, but it wasn't a part of the money and plans from the $60 million US Cellular sponsorship. That original point is that the renovations from the US Cellular money were used up on the five big renovations that have been done the last 5 years. The seats were something extra that was not a part of the this plan or from the money that paid for those plans. The seats were going to get replaced anyway as they only had a 10-15 year expected lifetime because of Chicago weather conditions, and it was a coincidence that their changing happened during the time of the US Cellular renovations.
  8. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=2034810
  9. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:12 PM) They changed the scoreboard because it was costing them too much to fix, and have that listed as part of the renovation. The seats are definitely part of the renovation, and have been advertised as such. JR was on the news the other day, and even he spoke about how nice the park will look with green seats. Personally, I couldn't care less about the color of the seats. The out of town scoreboard was listed early as something that was supposed to be replaced. All other electronic boards have been. When they changed the other boards I remember reading they didn't change the out of town board because of the planned deck in right, and that the board would have to be relocated. The fact that that board hasn't been updated leads me to believe that a deck in RF is still very possible. I would imagine they would have to get a sponsor to pay for it. The teams announcement for the seat change said it was in addition to the other renovations. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...r_cws&fext=.jsp
  10. QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:06 PM) I know but give me some hope man Sorry dude, just reporting the facts. As a matter of a fact nbadraft.net has him going #4, which is pretty high IMO http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp
  11. This guy is from about 10 minutes away from where I live. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4375535/detail.ht...994&dppid=65192
  12. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 11:51 AM) I wouldn't assume the home run porch is dead. The story contradicts itself when it says the renovation is done while they are still changing the seats. The out of town scoreboard is going to be changed. I always assumed they were waiting until they erected the porch, because it would have to be moved. The seats changing wasn't a part of the big renovation plans. It was just something that needed to be done with time. The only reason that anyone noticed was because they changed colors. The renovations are done. I hadn't heard anything about the out of town scoreboard though, what's that all about?
  13. And obviously it has been working :rolly
  14. Trib is reporting that Scheyer has not dropped Arizona from his list of potential schools, and that some one was reporting what he said in a joke. The finalists are Illinois, Duke, and Arizona... Wisconson is out.
  15. QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 11:20 AM) This is awesome news... a few weeks ago everyone in the chat room was saying he already had an agent lined up to sign as soon as the season was over.. This is great, hopefully he and Dee will return.. There is that chance.. although I think Dee is coming back either way, Deron is not such a lock to go as people had thought before! The Trib is reporting he could be taken as high as #8 and should be picked by #15.
  16. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 11:33 AM) So I should be shot too? After that TMI, yes. :puke
  17. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 11:08 AM) Filming is supposed to start this month or next. I'll post if I hear anything else. I've also heard Furio is coming back this season. Sweet. I smell a whacking.
  18. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:04 AM) Thanks ss2k5!! I had the same thing happen to me opening day. I was pissed cause I have the last 3 years and wanted to start collecting them. Did they have them in 2001 or were they the reg size schedules back then? ANyway, after reading your post I emailed Brooks and Megan responed within 2 minutes asking for contact info so she can send me 2. Awesome!!!! I have got them back to 2000. I was upset because I didn't want to miss a year either. As a matter of a fact I might have an extra of some of them. Send me a PM and I can check when I get home tonight.
  19. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:04 AM) wow, great time to be in that region. I wonder how much of everything is related to each other. Some of the earthquake activity could be related to magma movement, or the earthquake activity could be causing new paths for the magma to work to the surface. Interesting stuff anyway you look at it.
  20. http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...no_050412171546
  21. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:22 AM) So we're talking approximately 14K per seat a year and that's not including parking. They do include special parking with a special entrance. It actually is a sweet deal if you can afford it. You park right next to the stadium entrance, and go underneath the park directly to your seats.
  22. I'll be happy when they get the 6th season on TV, let alone worrying about a 7th season right now.
  23. QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:14 AM) This is certainly one of the worst ideas I have heard in quite some time...I would be f***ing pissed if one of these morons shot one of my cats. People like that are the reason all my cats are indoor cats.
  24. QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:56 AM) That's the bazillion $$ question... we're trying to decide between a cruise, Australia, or Italy... Due to work we can't go until June so we have to make our decision within the next week so I can finalize those plans. If its Italy, remember to wait until after the conclave concludes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.