Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 12:28 PM) I have been there before... doesn't seem like the tigers are big fans of the twins. Minnesota isn't even big fans of the Twins. 3 titles in a row, and they still only draw 20K a night.
  2. QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 02:31 AM) There are 30 admins/mods. Pretty wild, huh. The number isn't as high as it seems. There are some who aren't on very often, and/or are only on at odd times. We have a pretty solid ratio of guys when you look at the big picture.
  3. Who the heck decided Tony should be a mod? Oh TONY, nevermind congrats
  4. Day of game, just walk up. There will be plenty. Also there will be people trying to get rid of extras below face.
  5. You might want to hide the link if you are going to pass it off as CNN
  6. I just want to know if TRU or his mom will be washing his sheets after Garlands performance?
  7. Try it again now. I Gaged something when I set up the group.
  8. Link to the M's site http://www.sportspot.net/forums/index.php?showforum=1
  9. QUOTE(Goose @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 07:12 PM) Speez at first today, there goes half our power. Argh! Wild pitch by Jo-El. Still needs to get some of that rust off. Hey southsider, I tried to get into the Live Chat but it gave me the Authentication error message. Do I need to do something to get into it or what? Like what I'm seeing so far, Jo-El keeping the ball down Try it now and see if it works.
  10. QUOTE(Goose @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 07:07 PM) Sexson has the flu huh? So do I today, what is this an epidemic???? The Sox have been tore up by the flu. They have had all kinds of guys sick. It must be nasty this year.
  11. Wow great response to this guys. Welcome one and all
  12. QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 06:04 PM) I can't get into the chat part what up with that It works for me, quicky. Try giving it a right-click and refresh to see if that works. The chat is working as I just jumped in there with no problems. Or the problem could be with that Commodore 64 you are posting with....
  13. QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 06:01 PM) Freddie, you really should monitor the game thread tonight, you will never see more passion in your life. there are also more topics on the main palehose thread. its well worth the reading. both for laughs and to see how serious we are as fans! And if you get real brave, jump in the live chat. Just a warning, have a sense of humor, it gets pretty interesting at times.
  14. QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 05:19 PM) Where do they post, in this thread? or another? We set this area up just for visitors. That way the people who want a strictly Sox experience can still do their thing, and the people who want to feel out other fans, have that chance as well. And also as we identify solid, soxtalk-like boards, we can bring other fans over here to break up the monotony of Joe Credocre/WillieMVP type threads. Soxtalk is still by Sox fans for Sox fans, but this little area of it could be a cool way to expand some minds for those who are willing and able.
  15. QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:32 PM) You guys could always ask blue jay way, cards clubhouse, braves beat etc... that is what you guys plan on doing? Pretty much. If you all know good boards of teams we are playing, let us know so that we can contact their admins and work out details. As long as everyone plays nice, this could be a pretty cool deal.
  16. Good to see you guys jumping in. If anyone has any problems send me or anyone in red letters a message. We are a pretty friendly bunch.
  17. QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:19 PM) What about other fans? Don't know... this is a work in progress.
  18. QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:16 PM) So how do the M's fans find this place??? There is another M's board that we are in contact with.
  19. QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:56 PM) Well, hold on. We lost game 3 of the season when our closer gave up 3 dingers in the ninth, the last one with 2 strikes on the potential 3rd out. We lost game 6 when we couldn't hit Santana. There's a lot of that going around. Last night was sorta substitution night, so I'll give you that one, but really it was the pitching that didn't get the job done, not the "B" team. It's too early for any conclusions, but I don't think the losses can be blamed on Ozzie's tactics, so far. I definately blame Oz for last night. His use of pitchers was awful. First of all, there is no way you let Hernandez start the sixth. His breaking stuff was awful, and he got bailed out the inning before by an idiot fan who touched the ball which stopped the go ahead run from scoring in the 5th. So then he lets El Duque who has 5 walks, and only a fastball start the 6th inning, and then after he walks the leadoff guy, he goes out and calls for Cotts, who last year Oz wouldn't even let pitch with guys on base (remember he would go bring in Jackson to give up the runs) and expected him to know how to pitch out of it. Yeah OK, that makes sense.
  20. QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:48 PM) Because he was behind todd helton, grace and thomas/konerko. He has been a minor league FA at least a few times. If he was that good someone else would have jumped on him who could play him at the major league level.
  21. QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:45 PM) If we could just stop that giant sucking sound of Pennsylvania stealing all our jobs.... Sorry that your job situation got crappy. You can have my old job when I'm done with it if you want. Although I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy... What about Tex?
  22. QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:40 PM) Prince did it better. What are "words I would never like to hear again", Alex?
  23. QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:28 PM) We will be out of it by July waiting to see what prospects we get for Everett, and konerko! Are still drinking in the suite in Mil? I don't know about this team winning it, but they aren't going to be out of it in July.
  24. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:39 PM) I don't know yet. I think the reason I didn't get credit for the last class is because I had a c+ in it, f'in Gilbert still haunts my ass. But I'm going to say that since I have a CPA they should exempt me from it anyway. Let's see how that flies. Give me a call if you do! We are having a softball practice Sat Afternoon, but I should be around other than that. BTW I just realized today is the official 11 week mark.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.