Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 09:08 PM) No, the only tag he put on him was when he was sliding in. No tag whatsoever after he overslid. Bad call, plain and simple. Not only that, an obvious bad call. He's too busy looking for a tag instead of staying with the play and watching where Rowand's hand is. ^^^ Dead on right. His hand was on the base when he got tagged, and he was never tagged after the overslide. It was a blown call.
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
I LUV Pauly
-
GET VINNY CASTILLA
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 08:57 PM) http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...21413&hl=astros
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
4 innings complete, no score.
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
Ugh. strike em out, throw em out to end the 3rd :puke
-
Tony LaRussa...
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 08:01 PM) The only sportsradio I can get in my house is WFAN 66 out of NYC and it is PAINFUL. I miss ESPN radio. ESPN 1000 streams live on the net FWIW. They do blackout Sox games.
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 08:00 PM) The thing with Timo is that he plays entirely too deep in the outfield. Punto's ball should have been an easy catch for a RF, but Iguchi had to make a much tougher catch. Also, my blood pressure can't handle many more one-handed catches in crucial situations! That is because he is a terrible OFer who has to play deep so nothing gets over his head.
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:58 PM) Whats the score? Stuck at work and we don't get CSN+ in NJ anyway. No score through 2 1/2 innings. Sox coming to bat in the bottom of 3rd.
-
The New Pope...
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:57 PM) My brother honestly thinks that its all the fault of those FreeMasons. Those are some pretty funny stories too. There are those who believe the free masons are going to bring down Castro. Seriously.
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
Joe Mauer recognizes off speed stuff better than any young hitter since a young Frank or Bonds.
-
The New Pope...
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:49 PM) Wasn't that Saddam Hussein or something? Jack Van Impe predicted the apocalypse to be sometime in the late 1980s. But he's not Catholic so... I'm trying to remember. I read all of that stuff while I was in HS, and have forgotten all but bits and pieces of it. My grandma was into conspiracy theories, and she used to have me read some pretty wild stuff.
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
Nice piece of hitting by Joe to use the hole at first. 10 game hitting streak
-
The New Pope...
Didn't Nostradomus say something to the same extent, or is that priest the one that I would have heard say that? Details are fuzzy, but it seems like I have heard all of that before, and it seems like it was in connection to the 3rd antiChrist (the guy with the red turban IIRC).
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
Anyone else see the Everett foul/fair ball? I couldn't tell if it caught the line or not. It looked foul at first glance, but I couldn't tell for sure.
-
Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees
QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:02 PM) CSN+ is channel 53 for me. I dont know if that will help anyone else. 31 for me
-
John Bolton nomination vote delayed
- And That's A White Sox Winner!!!!!!!
QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 03:52 PM) I really think he needs to pick up the pace... I found this from an article written last year about MB's fast pace and agree 100% "Most guys who work slow are out there walking around, thinking about a bad pitch they just made, or a bad play behind them," says Tigers pitching coach Bob Cluck. "They tend to dwell on the negative, and that's not how you want to pitch." A slow approach can take away a pitcher's advantage of setting up a hitter. Pitchers aim to keep hitters off-balance by mixing their pitches, such as following a fastball with a change-up. But when the White Sox's Jose Contreras dawdles between deliveries, the effect his 95-mph fastball can have on his split-finger fastball is lost. Cluck puts the cutoff at 13 seconds for one pitch being able to affect the next one. "It would seem to be an individual thing depending on the hitter," Cluck says of the 13-second figure, "but I do a lot of reading and have seen scientific evidence that if you throw a fastball and follow with a change-up, the faster you can get the pitch up there, the bigger the difference will seem." Grip-it-and-rip-it attitude a winning formula He does need to pick up the pace. If he would get shaking of AJ, he would be fine.- Gio #5 on BA's Hot Sheet
No BMac?- Almost an afterthought, sadly
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7555671/- In Search of White Sox blogs
OK I got the last two update on there.- Shuttle lauch to be delayed
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7560186/- Number 2 with a bullet
LMAO!!! Even these guys are adding a E- Sox are last in OBP
QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 02:05 PM) This might be the 4th thread about the OBP ranking. I wonder how the Sox rank in threads about OBP?- We have a new pope!
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 01:55 PM) There's been a lot of speculation about the kind of pope the college of Cardinals were going to elect and how that would reflect on the Church in general. For those of us who grew up in the faith and have felt alienated from it because of specific stands that a diocese or a Church in general has taken. Serious question. Do you honestly believe we will ever see the Catholic Church move towards the middle on issues like sex and sexuality?- We have a new pope!
This was Benedict XVI's short speech - And That's A White Sox Winner!!!!!!!