Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. This was Benedict XVI's short speech
  2. Jim Rome=Kotex Boy + a better face for TV
  3. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 01:09 PM) You're not accounting for 'propagation of error.' A wayward husband may indeed have contracted HIV through "immoral" sex out of wedlock, but what is the wife's sin that she must under penalty of her faith have unprotected sex with her HIV+ husband when the sin was not hers? And honestly, you can rail in chorus with Ratzenberger about the evils of liberal church reform, but do you truly believe all sins are equal? Sex with a condom so I don't contract a deadly disease might as well be murdering someone? If you are refined enough to make the subtle distinction between the two 'evils', then isn't it selling God a little short to suggest He can't see such a difference? I'm not identifying with anyone here. Please don't lump me in with the Catholics. I am just explaining how that stuff is interpreted. And to answer the second part, sin is more than just an act of wrong doing. At the root of every sin is taking the leadership away from God, and how he has commanded you to live your life. It isn't how big or small the sin is, it is all about breaking away from God. The bible also makes it clear that if you have committed one sin, you have committed them all.
  4. QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 01:12 PM) The stats are after 12 games not 9 Again, if Crede keeps up his recent streak for the majority of the season, then we are fine. But if not, we better at least see what we need to give up for Vinny. 9 games worth of road stats are all that is being represented so far.
  5. QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 01:10 PM) All players (especially when young) look at stats. That does not make them selfish. WHen you have the talent to have the gaudy stats like Thomas does, it can only help the team win. What he can do, only a few others can around baseball. While you need role players to win, you cannot win without talent. I guess Babe Ruth was selfish too since he called his own HR at Wrigley. Again, you are wrong. Wow, did you even read any of that? What part of... Is so difficult to understand???
  6. QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:58 PM) You are so full of crap. Frank has always been about winning. Show some respect to the best Sox player ever. You missed a couple of paragraphs in that story...
  7. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 01:00 PM) It's better to transmit HIV, get AIDS and die than to use a condom in the eyes of the Catholic God? Actually if you want to be technical, they are both sins, and equally offensive in the eyes of God. (assuming that the AIDS was transmitted through "immoral" sex, which it is the vast majority of the time)
  8. Some fun facts... -Ratzinger was the oldest cardinal to be named pope since Clement XII, who was also 78 when he became pope in 1730. -He is the first German pope since Victor II (1055-1057). -His choice of name seemed intriguing because the last Pope Benedict, who reigned from 1914 to 1922, subtly repudiated the strict Vatican orthodoxy practiced under his predecessor Pius X, said former Vatican diplomat John-Peter Pham. Benedict XV also tried in vain to end World War I, opened the Vatican to international diplomacy and sent so much wartime aid to Turkey that Istanbul erected a statue to him, he said. -It was only the third time in a century that a pope had been chosen on the second day of a conclave. -It was one of the fastest elections in the past century: Pope Pius XII was elected in 1939 in three ballots on one day, while Pope John Paul I was elected in 1978 in four ballots in one day. John Paul II's successor was elected after either four or five ballots over two days. -Ratzinger served John Paul II since 1981 as head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. In that position, he has disciplined church dissidents and upheld church policy against attempts by liberals for reforms. -Ratzinger won a two-thirds majority or at least 77 votes to become pope. -The 20th century's eight conclaves lasted from two to five days, with the average just over three days.
  9. QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:37 PM) Now Vinny has the following stats in 2004 as of now Avg - 0.436 HR - 3 RBI - 11 OBP - 0.488 SLG - 0.846 Yeah he sucks outside Coors. You are a joke I think. If Crede keeps his recent run on for most of the season, no need to get Vinny. But if Crede does what he has always done, this is an upgrade. And at 3M/season, it is not that expensive. 9 games worth of 2005 stats are going to get you to call someone a joke, while you are going to ignore 3 years worth of splits away from home, where he hit .245? How about his 2004 stats where he hit .218 away from the launching pad? But nope, 9 games proves your point.
  10. QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:22 PM) NO! I asked a serious question and no one answered it, I still want to know why this is such a big deal to you guys And the fact that no one cared enough to answer you ought to tell you something.
  11. QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:09 PM) Unfortunately.. people have been assulted for less there. Just ask poor Willie Harris and the assults he has to go through...
  12. QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) and you want to be a father. Nah, just your latex salesman
  13. QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) Stop yourself, southsider always has you number one. Yeah I have a couple of number ones for you :finger
  14. Benedict is now speaking to the crowd.
  15. Benedict the 16th has appeared at the stage and is now greeting the crowd to monsterous applause.
  16. He should be shown to the world at any minute now. They have unvieled the banner of the Pope at the balcony.
  17. Ratzinger was the Dean of the Cardinals at age 78 from Germany. He is considered a conservative of the Catholics.
  18. What name did he take?
  19. wbbm radio has a listen live feed... that's all I know.
  20. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 11:30 AM) I know and that is what I am talking about (trying to type fast and dial mom at the same time lol). Ah, sorry QP. I misunderstood.
  21. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 11:29 AM) I hope NBC or someone has live video going (it stinks being stuck at work)> There is no video from inside. There will not be any hint of who it is until he walks out onto the balcony.
  22. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 11:28 AM) I say it's younger, American and illiterate They elected me Pope?
  23. According to wbbm radio, the Pope is being fitted with his new robes right now.
  24. My guess it older, European, and multilingual.
  25. QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 10:24 AM) Whenever I go to some other team's stadium, I never wear my Sox stuff (or Hawks or Bears). I much prefer to quietly root for my team, check out the ballpark, and stay out of trouble. My dad suggested this approach to me a long time ago, and I've always agreed with his logic and I'm grateful he made his point clear. I've seen too many innocent fans take abuse, physical and otherwise, while wearing opposition hats and jerseys. There are too many nuts just looking to pick a fight, why give them a reason. [translation] I quit going to games with Quickman.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.