Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 10:03 AM) = sox fans can quit b****ing That'll be the day
  2. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7523254/
  3. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4388177/detail.ht...994&dppid=65172
  4. Actually I just remembered a tidbit from Soxfest that might shine a little light on this. Saturday nite at the fest a few of us hung out with Ozzie Jr for a while, and listened to some of the stories he was telling about the teams his dad played on back in the day. One of the stories he told us was how Frank was a much better player when mad. He said many of the players used to say stuff to him before games just to get him pissed of and focused into the game. I guess they used to always bring when someone like Bonds or Griffey would have a big game, and then ask Frank what was wrong with him. This might be more of the same from the Oz. This sounds like just getting him ready to go.
  5. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 09:40 AM) *coughmediawhorecough* The first thing I thought was "I wonder when his next movie is coming out?"
  6. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 09:37 AM) A good way to check, is to see what's best available upstairs. Filling the lower bowl and a few upstairs will not be 30K.....I don't think. How many people does the lower bowl hold? I am not sure about the breakdown between lower and upper levels... Best UD tix are 531 row 14. Also I did check for tickets on Tuesday against the Twins and they have Sec 147 row 16, so there are a lot more tickets sold for Monday vs Tuesday. All though Tuesday is a half price Pepsi nite and could see a big walk up itself.
  7. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 09:29 AM) I'd get there early as possible. There are a lot of things pointing to a big walk up tonight. -Sox are in first -Sox are playing the Twins -It is supposed to be 80 degrees today -Its a half price night I just checked on line and best available is Sec 152 row 26 FWIW, so the bottom bowl is already pretty close to full.
  8. QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 09:28 AM) Half price crap will lead to an unbelievable walk up if the weather is good. ^^ Looking at the weather forecast and all of the other factors, I will be surprised if they get under 30K tonight.
  9. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 09:23 AM) what time does the box office open on game days? any tips for getting good walk up tix for tonight?? Need 3. I'd get there early as possible. There are a lot of things pointing to a big walk up tonight. -Sox are in first -Sox are playing the Twins -It is supposed to be 80 degrees today -Its a half price night
  10. http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php
  11. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 11:48 PM) Well they did know that there was huge exports going to Turkey and Jordan (if these exports were stopped, it would have destroyed a lot of the economy of Turkey/Jordan) Yes, the corruption is bad -- however, the US can't say it had no f***ing clue and play like it had its head up its ass for so many years. Which is a funny statement because who is actually persuing and procecuting people who broke these laws... I'll give you a hint, it isn't Turkey, Jordan or the UN.
  12. QUOTE(Kogs35 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) any1 think the media is behind this? the sox doing well media hating the sox? yes we know ozzie has a big mouth and a big ego. just a thought Nope, this time after reading it, it was all Ozzie.
  13. I'll just see who the Bears take out of morbid curiousity.
  14. To me it is pretty obvious what happened here. Maggs was trying to do too much before his knee was ready to handle it. As a result he over compensated with his back, and hurt himself.
  15. I don't get Timo Perez at all. I don't think that I have ever seen a #5 outfielder who acted more like a premadonna on the playing field that this guy. With the cute little glove flips on flyouts, and the refusing to hustle down to second on a DP, it drives me nuts. The guys comes off of the bench, and acts like he does not have to take things seriously. I really hope he hits the road when Big Frank gets back.
  16. QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:05 PM) Hasn't our team salary risen the past few years? Almost $25 million in two years, including going from $65 million to $75 million in 2004 to 2005.
  17. QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 03:43 PM) And Southsider has the rest. Nice one. Note to self, ban this one
  18. QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:31 PM) just a suggestion.... HAVE MORE TAKEN OUT OF CHECK ALONG THE WAY!!! Did you know on January 1st 2005, how much in losses/gains you are going to declare on April 15, 2006? If so, I have to say I am impressed.
  19. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 07:18 AM) I've been looking for some nicer Twins fans. Good luck finding Twins fans...
  20. Four words for Ozzie, which I guess he still can't translate, SHUT THE f*** UP!
  21. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 11:40 PM) Brian Williams (Bison Dele) = shark bait. Wow, that's classy :headshake
  22. QUOTE(marinergeek @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 10:24 PM) LOL - You're forgetting we lost 99 games last year. A couple of road losses won't scare us away. Actually, I was hoping for more of a two way street, but I think we only got 2-3 Sox fans to come visit us. Maybe next time. One thing about this board is that it is definately a weeknight board. We have a solid group of workhours posters, and a little bit bigger group of nighttime posters, but our numbers drop like a rock on the weekends. That is because we all have better things to do than to hang out on Soxtalk on a weekend Thanks for coming over. Things went really well, and good luck to you guys on the season, especially Wilson, Jeremy, and Miguel
  23. QUOTE(DetroitWhat @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 03:53 PM) Boras is evil. You are going to make friends here quicky with an attitude like that
  24. QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:36 PM) They should play the superbowl in outside fields up north... Soldier Field, Lambeau, Giants Stadium, Gilette.... NO doubt about it. It is supposed to be the toughest sport out there, yet it is the only one that has to sanitize things for its title game. Its almost like the show around the Super Bowl is more important than the actual game.
  25. QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 11:35 AM) I think by the ASB we might be ready to put Gio down as our 7th pitcher... Gio Gonzalez=2008 ETA

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.