Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
I <3 Scott Podsednik
QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:43 PM) Geez. The groin has a good game and everyone's ready to canonize him. He's certainly a better leadoff hitter than Willie Harris, but this guy batted .244 last year. How 'bout we wait a little while before retiring his jersey? Whats with the hate? The guy single handedly changed the game tonight. If somone had hit two homers or struck out ten guys, there would be a thread about how great of a game they had. Scott Pods had the same kind of affect on last nights game. I think some praise is well deserved. Essentially we have not had a player in Chicago who could put this kind of pressure on a pitching staff in 20 years (since Rudy Law). Chew on that for a while.
-
Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)
QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:56 PM) ASSWIPE YOU CAUGHT ME. now fix the chat room. I apologize to the IoWA man. not to you though. LMAO That's all right, me knowing I caught you is all I need. And I told you, get rid of the piece of s*** Tandy and the chat will work.
-
Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)
QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:51 PM) Math in Iowa must be different. You need to be 21 to drink in this state. 5+2+14=21
-
EU constitution could be in trouble
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story....0&w=RTR&coview=
-
Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)
QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:21 PM) I just never thought we'd have to have this discussion about the park no one supposedly goes to..... We keep this up for a while, we will have a post to represent each person in attendance at the game
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 01:30 PM) Wow, I just read the tirade at the end in the Sun-Times and he went crazy. It has to be previous knowledge of steroids or something. I don't know how else he could destroy him. Anyway, I don't think Ordonez will be plunked simply because the MLB will suspend him right away and they would have gained nothing. I really don't think that Ozzie thinks that rationally, and I think players are going to be pissed off enough about this to drill him.
-
Zo donates salary to charity
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3560664
-
Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:48 PM) We'll all agree if we just admit that I am right and all knowing.
-
Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:20 PM) Exactly. I mean come on guys.. if we can't agree on anything else in this thread.. let's at least agree that I know allllll about b****ing... You won't hear any arguements out of me
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:07 PM) Of course we are assuming that Maggs will ever play again. Point well taken
-
Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:07 PM) Kids can do anything to me.. remember the beer spilling on my LV purse IK... ? I have a very high tolerance for them. But I am also the first to "shhsh" someone during the NA.. and ask those in front of me to sit. I don't care about people getting up during an inning so much. I just don't see the point in b****ing about it.. 95% of people do it. I'd be b****ing the entire game. Tell me about it :rolly
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) From what I understand, the Marte-Lee thing was personal. So it is with Maggs now. Maggs at one point or another has pretty trashed everyone and everything about the Chicago White Sox. But after this there is personal blood involved here. I think it will be someone close to Oz, which is why I think it will be Garcia that does it. I think he would be the most likely of the pitching staff to drill Ordonez.
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
If Carlos Lee took one in the ribs from Damaso, you know someone like Freddy Garcia is going to plunk Maggs. It will happen.
-
Another Aussie
Who was added to the Charlotte roster? I take it Diaz is back?
-
Death List closes IN Jr high school
QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:14 AM) A lot of parents are also unresponsive/don't have much time. Since I'm in the secondary education minor at school, the state has us do observations in various schools in the area that are demographically and different in locations -- which is really cool & relevent to becoming a teacher. In the first school I was in, the teacher was telling us during the planning period one morning that a majority of the parents in the school work 2 jobs and barely ever have time to see their kids just so there can be enough money in the house to pay the bills & keep food on the table. So, he said it was difficult to get in contact with parents about what was going on at school and even if they did, a lot of the parents leave for work before the kid gets up and get back after they've fallen asleep. I dunno if there is a similar situation but it could be that some of the parents would like to have the extra time but can't just out of the sake of needing to pay the bills. (Then there are also the parents who have a bunch of cash but just overwork themselves to death while never spending time with their kid -- but that's a different discussion entirely) ANd being married to a HS teacher, I can second almost all of this post.
-
Tetris takes over Indians
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=knig...night&type=lgns
-
Newt Gingrich lies about Canada&Mexico on Fox News
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 10:18 AM) He's "funny" or at least used to be. By that logic, Rush is an expert. He saids all kinds of funny things... the problem is he means most of them seriously...
-
Newt Gingrich lies about Canada&Mexico on Fox News
QUOTE(TheDybber @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 10:12 AM) Again, read Al Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them. You would think an insider like Gingrich would either a) talk to someone in the know before he shot his mouth off or B) already know the facts. He didn't know either. Sorry, Yas...that's not a mistake a public figure like Newt should make. So what makes Al Franken somekind of expert?
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 10:08 AM) Ozzie has done s*** for Magglio's career. Ozzie would love to take full credit for it, but it was Magglio who earned his way to the major leagues, not Ozzie popping off to Schueler about him. Ordonez was hitting .329 when he was called up in 1997. I think Maggs played 21 games in 1997 with Guillen as a teammate. Their paths did not cross again until 2004 long after Ordonez established himself as one of the better players in the game. "Tried to help" is much different than taking full credit for. And no kidding Maggs had to hit before he got to the big leagues, I thought just the recommendation of a player would get you a call up... Come on.
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 09:52 AM) When did Maggs whine while he was here?... and when did Ozzie or anyone else criticize his play? Most of this started after he was gone. I think the bashing of some former Sox players by the Sox is too bad, it's even more sad that a big part of the fan base buy into it. They're gone, it didn't work out, move on. I guess we have find a reason to hate them too. In the Southtown article Guillen makes it clear that Maggs played hard for him. KW thanked Maggs for the years that he played here and the numbers he put up at Soxfest. Ozzie went out of his way to compliment Maggs before this series started. Guillen has tried to help Magglio Ordonez at every stage of his career, even before Maggs was on the 40 man roster. Only one person won't let this go, and keeps bringing it up after everyone has gone quiet about it. And it hasn't been just once, it has been repeatedly. And since Ozzie's character got attacked in this one, I don't blame him at all for snapping. Ozzie has probably done more for Magglio's career than any other individual, and this is how Maggs repays him. Good for Oz.
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 09:47 AM) Heres another quote found in the tribune "He knows I can (bleep) him alot of different way. He better shut the (bleep) up and play for the Detroit Tigers." Ozzie says he can f*** Maggs alot of different ways?? Ummm roids possibly...... Interesting thought. I would hope Guillen would take the high road if that was the case. The last thing I want to see if that stuff happen.
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/ds.../pro/221sd2.htm So the plot thickens. Interesting that the Trib left out some of these parts. The more I read, the more I would be pissed if I were Oz too.
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
QUOTE(SoIL @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 09:25 AM) I do remember Ozzie calling out the Sox for not brining Maggs up. Ozzie said something to the effect that Maggs was being held down because he had an ugly Latin name (more funny Ozzie). I think Maggs had just won the AAA batting title at the time. Maggilo should just let it go. He's not a White Sox anymore. Forget it. I am starting to wonder what effect all this is having on his current teamates. I thought it was interesting that the Tribune article mentioned that a Tiger official cut off the press conference. Good call, I had forgotten all about that. Some enemy Ozzie is, he probably got Maggs called up in the first place..
-
Lebron and Mom
:headshake That is just sad.
-
Redskins interested in Bears #4 pick