Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
What is wrong with Joe Crede?
Stranger things have happened than Joe Crede having a good year... Look at the first 5 years of Beltre's career in the majors, what about them said 48 hrs and 121 rbi? Nothing. http://www.baseball-reference.com/b/beltrad01.shtml
-
Empty stadium
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:54 AM) Grrr... is anyone else having trouble posting..? It took like 4 minutes for my last post to show up... Not at all. Actually I was just talking to Kap, and Soxtalk has put up its two biggest single day hit counts in the last two days (560k, 600k), along with almost 4500 posts, and everything is running awesome on the server end.
-
WOW!!!
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:37 AM) Yeah, I forgot about him, and Rosty. Maybe this isn't as much about bias, or maybe they are better at hiding it than I thought? Regardless, remove him from leadership positions, but let the voters in Texas decide on the Hammer. Plus, don't we need a guy named the Hammer in Washington? WHat else is he going to do? Kills bugs or join the WWF? Well we know he wouldn't have any Michael Jackson type problems because he knows U Can't Touch This
-
Carlos Lee
QUOTE(Gldfinger5 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:53 AM) I'm going to Cubs opening day today. (My roommates are fans and offered an extra.) Anyone have anything they want me to yell at Carlos Lee from the Left field bleachers?? Cheer for Caballo, boo the Cubs
-
A message to Ozzie Einstein...
And when things get complicated in real life, just simplify things to the point where it is useless...
-
Sox vs Tribe 4-7-2005 game thread.
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:03 AM) You ignorant stupid people... :rolly Straight from the Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people" No, no he is reading from the Rush Limbaugh book of How to Win Friends and Influence people...
-
Empty stadium
QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:15 AM) US Cellular has a 20 year naming deal with the Sox. I'm sure they didn't fork over $60 million to go to Indianapolis. The Sox also extended their lease as a part of agreement to allow renovations.
-
I just sat in disbelief
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:05 AM) I don't like that as an argument. You can't give up 3 homers like that in one inning with a three run lead. Hell Ozzie should've pulled him after the second one. When the strike zone is the size of a pea, and the hitters are patient, it becomes a lot easier to look like batting practice pitcher.
-
I just sat in disbelief
If the umpires had anykind of a strike zone yesterday, no one would even be talking about Hermanson.
-
IMF warns on longterm oil shock
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/a3b6a0c2-a792-11d...000e2511c8.html
-
Mars rovers extended 18 months
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/04/07/m...vers/index.html
-
Pictures of JP Deuce in Procession/Funeral
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 07:57 AM) I don't think it's disrespectful. If people that are there, using video cameras is disrepectful, then am I the same because I popped a tape into the VCR last night and recorded the funeral? BTW, LCR, I like your usage of "an" with "historic." Nobody does that anymore. I taped it also. I really want to see it because I have never seen anything like a Papal funeral in my lifetime. I have a curiousity of the traditions.
-
Thoughts
I like the way you guys think!!!
-
Thoughts
Boys, boys. First we kidnap him, and then we pistol whip him... Everyone wins
-
Notes and quotes
-Takatsu now has two career blown saves, both were against the Indians. -The major leagues' longest hitting streak—16 games-when Ross Gload struck out in his only plate appearance in relief of Paul Konerko. It was Gload's first at-bat of this season. -With his two first-inning RBIs Thursday, Konerko passed Guillen for 15th place in RBIs in White Sox history. They had been tied at 565. -Contreras, who pitched six strong innings Thursday, is 13-2 with a 2.86 ERA in 19 starts when he pitches at least six innings. And from Ozzie..."I told [Pierzynski] when you go out there [for Contreras], tell him to throw strikes. When he gets back to the dugout, I'll take care of the rest."
-
Cause Ribbons and Colors
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 09:10 AM) You forgot one. Decapitating snowman and pouring ketchup all over the place and watching Benson Onejyi's kids cry like there's no tomorrow. Followed by: Pictures of one snowman before death in a convocation with the President of the college using it in a slideshow getting interrupted by "hey, I decapitated that f***ing snowman!" Who would have thought kids born in Nigeria would take a snowman so seriously? I wouldn't have had that teeory(sic)
-
Cause Ribbons and Colors
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:55 AM) Or a Forum Moderator. And if you can go oh-fer then they make you the owner of the board
-
4/7/05 Game Boxes
Wow 4 hits and 4 errors for Bham. How did Bull look outside of the 3 run HR?
-
New Brackets
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:30 AM) Black Wow, ya learn something new everyday. Thanks for the info.
-
Cause Ribbons and Colors
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:13 AM) Some other facts from Southsider's University The Top 8 Most Popular Courses at Monkey University 8> Advanced Flea Picking. 7> Psychology 215: Why Does the Man Never Take Off His Big Yellow Hat? 6> Ape Ethics 300: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil. 5> Chemistry 212: Why Does Our Pee Taste So Good? 4> Literature 251: Exploring English Literature Using Infinite Monkeys and Infinite Typewriters. 3> Chinese Philsophy: Not Who Flung Poo, but Why? 2> Linguistics 100: Me Tarzan, You Jane. and the Number 1 Most Popular Course at Monkey University... 1> Banana Addiction 214: How to Get On With Life. [ Copyright 2005 by Chris White ] [ http://www.topfive.com ] I was waiting for Seinfeld to appear. That was a Top 5 episode. Hmmm no a Top 8 from Manchester would be much different.... Top 8 exciting things to do at MC 8. Tornado Watch 7. Drink excessively and often 6. Slamming doors in backround 5. Rotating the crops from the back 40 to the front 40 4. Make snow penis's 3. Quantititave Analysis of Economics and Business 2. Nintendo Techmo Super Bowl 1. Driving 36 in a 30 mph zone No one but Kap will get any of them, but that's OK
-
Sox vs Tribe 4-7-2005 game thread.
QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 08:23 PM) Jugg, jmho, but I think you should put down your stat horn until you have some concept of 'sample size' and 'significant difference'. Two words chi squared.
-
Anyone using chat at all????
QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 01:41 AM) Personally, I'm not into the chatroom thing. Enjoy the threads more more. Me too. It is much easier to follow the replies and quotes to what is going on.
-
How's the water?
Luckily it was an early game, and most screamed themselves out early on. Let's focus on the Twins. The last thing we want to see is these guys get preoccupied with this loss and lose site of the big picture here.
-
New Brackets
QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:04 AM) I know JPII was the first non-Italian pope in 455 years, so I had to say that any African popes were not from recent memory. Even yours YAS? [/too easy]
-
New Brackets
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:03 AM) There have been Popes from Africa. Just saying. Actual black African popes? Or just European's who were living in Africa?