Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to NUKE_CLEVELAND's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:37 AM) Yeah, I forgot about him, and Rosty. Maybe this isn't as much about bias, or maybe they are better at hiding it than I thought? Regardless, remove him from leadership positions, but let the voters in Texas decide on the Hammer. Plus, don't we need a guy named the Hammer in Washington? WHat else is he going to do? Kills bugs or join the WWF? Well we know he wouldn't have any Michael Jackson type problems because he knows U Can't Touch This
  2. QUOTE(Gldfinger5 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:53 AM) I'm going to Cubs opening day today. (My roommates are fans and offered an extra.) Anyone have anything they want me to yell at Carlos Lee from the Left field bleachers?? Cheer for Caballo, boo the Cubs
  3. And when things get complicated in real life, just simplify things to the point where it is useless...
  4. QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:03 AM) You ignorant stupid people... :rolly Straight from the Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people" No, no he is reading from the Rush Limbaugh book of How to Win Friends and Influence people...
  5. QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:15 AM) US Cellular has a 20 year naming deal with the Sox. I'm sure they didn't fork over $60 million to go to Indianapolis. The Sox also extended their lease as a part of agreement to allow renovations.
  6. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:05 AM) I don't like that as an argument. You can't give up 3 homers like that in one inning with a three run lead. Hell Ozzie should've pulled him after the second one. When the strike zone is the size of a pea, and the hitters are patient, it becomes a lot easier to look like batting practice pitcher.
  7. If the umpires had anykind of a strike zone yesterday, no one would even be talking about Hermanson.
  8. http://news.ft.com/cms/s/a3b6a0c2-a792-11d...000e2511c8.html
  9. http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/04/07/m...vers/index.html
  10. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 07:57 AM) I don't think it's disrespectful. If people that are there, using video cameras is disrepectful, then am I the same because I popped a tape into the VCR last night and recorded the funeral? BTW, LCR, I like your usage of "an" with "historic." Nobody does that anymore. I taped it also. I really want to see it because I have never seen anything like a Papal funeral in my lifetime. I have a curiousity of the traditions.
  11. I like the way you guys think!!!
  12. Boys, boys. First we kidnap him, and then we pistol whip him... Everyone wins
  13. -Takatsu now has two career blown saves, both were against the Indians. -The major leagues' longest hitting streak—16 games-when Ross Gload struck out in his only plate appearance in relief of Paul Konerko. It was Gload's first at-bat of this season. -With his two first-inning RBIs Thursday, Konerko passed Guillen for 15th place in RBIs in White Sox history. They had been tied at 565. -Contreras, who pitched six strong innings Thursday, is 13-2 with a 2.86 ERA in 19 starts when he pitches at least six innings. And from Ozzie..."I told [Pierzynski] when you go out there [for Contreras], tell him to throw strikes. When he gets back to the dugout, I'll take care of the rest."
  14. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 09:10 AM) You forgot one. Decapitating snowman and pouring ketchup all over the place and watching Benson Onejyi's kids cry like there's no tomorrow. Followed by: Pictures of one snowman before death in a convocation with the President of the college using it in a slideshow getting interrupted by "hey, I decapitated that f***ing snowman!" Who would have thought kids born in Nigeria would take a snowman so seriously? I wouldn't have had that teeory(sic)
  15. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:55 AM) Or a Forum Moderator. And if you can go oh-fer then they make you the owner of the board
  16. Wow 4 hits and 4 errors for Bham. How did Bull look outside of the 3 run HR?
  17. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:30 AM) Black Wow, ya learn something new everyday. Thanks for the info.
  18. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:13 AM) Some other facts from Southsider's University The Top 8 Most Popular Courses at Monkey University 8> Advanced Flea Picking. 7> Psychology 215: Why Does the Man Never Take Off His Big Yellow Hat? 6> Ape Ethics 300: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil. 5> Chemistry 212: Why Does Our Pee Taste So Good? 4> Literature 251: Exploring English Literature Using Infinite Monkeys and Infinite Typewriters. 3> Chinese Philsophy: Not Who Flung Poo, but Why? 2> Linguistics 100: Me Tarzan, You Jane. and the Number 1 Most Popular Course at Monkey University... 1> Banana Addiction 214: How to Get On With Life. [ Copyright 2005 by Chris White ] [ http://www.topfive.com ] I was waiting for Seinfeld to appear. That was a Top 5 episode. Hmmm no a Top 8 from Manchester would be much different.... Top 8 exciting things to do at MC 8. Tornado Watch 7. Drink excessively and often 6. Slamming doors in backround 5. Rotating the crops from the back 40 to the front 40 4. Make snow penis's 3. Quantititave Analysis of Economics and Business 2. Nintendo Techmo Super Bowl 1. Driving 36 in a 30 mph zone No one but Kap will get any of them, but that's OK
  19. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 08:23 PM) Jugg, jmho, but I think you should put down your stat horn until you have some concept of 'sample size' and 'significant difference'. Two words chi squared.
  20. QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 01:41 AM) Personally, I'm not into the chatroom thing. Enjoy the threads more more. Me too. It is much easier to follow the replies and quotes to what is going on.
  21. Luckily it was an early game, and most screamed themselves out early on. Let's focus on the Twins. The last thing we want to see is these guys get preoccupied with this loss and lose site of the big picture here.
  22. QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:04 AM) I know JPII was the first non-Italian pope in 455 years, so I had to say that any African popes were not from recent memory. Even yours YAS? [/too easy]
  23. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:03 AM) There have been Popes from Africa. Just saying. Actual black African popes? Or just European's who were living in Africa?
  24. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:01 AM) When Limbaugh had his TV show he would sometimes wear all these different colored ribbons. He even had one made out of a dollar bill that he said was for the economy of. I went to a college that established the first Peace Studies program in the nation, so as you can imagine, Rush was not very cool. So of course we all had to have the dollar ribbons for fun
  25. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 09:58 PM) Now's as good of time as any to release the pairings for Soxtalk's greatest Admin/SuperMod. The winner of the matchup between LCR and Capn12 will face Spiff as the twelve seed. I seeded myself lowest of the admins to prevent favortism and all admins were aherad of global mods, with the original big 4 seeded highest. Got some good matchups, people. A Six seed? Who the heck makes these brackets, Dicky V?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.