Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Server burb... sorry about that.
  2. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 02:35 PM) You'd enjoy it too much...
  3. Politte will be on the team though. He has a million dollar contract, and Adkins doesn't.
  4. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 02:20 PM) Who the hell cares about what you're concerned about? You'll be concerned when I ban your ass
  5. QUOTE(hi8is @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 02:22 PM) f*** it, i caughted up the 15 bucks... i get the whole year so oh well its only 15 bucks and its worth it That's what I did too. It'll pay for itself soon enough.
  6. QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 02:21 PM) Farmio seems impressed with Adkins. In better shape. Throwing strikes. He could make the club. Farmio sez there could be some guys saying goodbye (in trades, I reckon). Wonder if Adkins could replace Politte? Thoughts? I think he could. He doesn't have the raw stuff, but he has better control. Last year was a good learning year for him, and I think he has the make up to be a solid middle reliever at the major league level.
  7. QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 02:13 PM) My bad. I agree that there's no need to point out the obvious. No harm no foul as far as I am concerned
  8. QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 01:59 PM) Here, here I'll also add, "f*** KipWellsFan," who doesn't pay taxes to the US government or vote for its officials, yet spends hours bashing the Bush administration on a web site based in America. Of course, he has the right to do it, but it makes him look like a classless ass clown. Easy on the insults please. You can disagree with the guy all you want, but we here on the site don't want to see the name calling. Thanks
  9. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 02:02 PM) Do you EVER have anything positive to say? I didn't think so. He's positive Kenny Williams sucks
  10. QUOTE(joemg311 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 01:55 PM) Allright thanks everyone I guess "sox sign 17" isnt really the case then, its more like "the sox negotiate small raises to 17 already bound by contract" But Sox sign 17 just sounds so much more Sexy.
  11. I thought about sending in this letter to my local news paper, but I think it has too many big words, and they would miss all of my misspellings and typos.
  12. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 01:44 PM) not quite... You don't get to be called Sir unless you were a born Englishman. Sure ruin my thread title
  13. http://business.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml...tegory=business
  14. QUOTE(joemg311 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 01:31 PM) Ok thanks guys it is becoming much more clear. But what is to stop the sox from giving everyone of those players the league minimum? Is it just good will and buisness and about keeping people happy to set up for the future the reason they give people more money? or are the raises in contract? Technically there is nothing to stop them from paying the minimum, but it is really stupid in practice. All the teams negotiate out small raises with most of the players. If they are good teams will pay them more.
  15. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 01:10 PM) I'm looking at the invoice right now and it says $1053 for parking..? Maybe the tenure has something to do with it..? I think it is Kenny's payback from Soxfest2004
  16. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:57 PM) Not according to my invoice. Maybe it is different for season ticketholders?
  17. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:48 PM) I have no driving advice. I'm just curious why you are a newbie to the Sox nation? What team did you root for previous? And let me welcome you aboard! You are going to love Comiskey. I'm sorry, the cell. I recommend that you get a bratwurst on the lower level concourse from the brat/polish stand, near the seating area, around 1st or 3rd base. i want to say its called Beltin Bill's Brats and Polish or something. Also, get a funnel cake. US Cellular Rocks! A little backround info on the Wallin's Link 1 Link 2
  18. Is it just me or does it really tend to clump teams too much. There aren't any high win totals or high loss totals.
  19. Yeah I am on a T3 network here at work, so that might help.
  20. I was actually pretty impressed with it. No glitches in the few minutes I watched it. The quality was about like watching a VCR tape.
  21. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:09 PM) They just announced construction on 80/94. It's not gonna be pretty. Yeah it is going to be ugly. If you don't mind the tolls, I wouldn't go that way. From Indy take 65 past 80/94 and jump on the Skyway (I-90) instead. That will dump you off onto the Ryan eventually and you will miss all of the construction. You end up getting on the Ryan somewhere around 70th st, and are about 10 minutes on a good day away from the ballpark. Also I listen to AM780 for traffic on the 8's. If something happens then you can adjust your route accordingly. Good luck, and stop by the tailgate and say HI if you like. We are a friendly bunch and more Sox fans are always welcome.
  22. Very interesting story about Towers and his knowledge of Caminitti and Roids. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Art...Sports/Baseball
  23. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:07 PM) who the f*** are the nationals? Are they the Generals baseball playing counterparts? After seeing their FA signings.... Yes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.