Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Drivers take it in the Po-Po
I told you that two weeks ago http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=589045
-
Serious Note
QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 08:21 AM) Alex, even though we disagree on many issues, I can honestly say if I had to choose between the Sox winning the World Series and you NOT getting shot in a bank robbery, I'd choose to have you not get shot in a bank robbery. Well it depends, where would he shoot him?
-
New 50 Cent
Ice-T was the best ever I also was big into Too Short and Slick Rick back in the day.
-
What restaurant would you eat from everyday?
It would have to be some kind of a buffet, because I would go nuts eating the samething every single day.
-
Law&Order Trial by Jury
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 08:18 AM) Would you know the time by any change? If not I will swing by the nbc tv show page and find out. SVU is on at 8 and TBJ is 9pm today. I have no idea if that will be the regular time or not.
-
Law&Order Trial by Jury
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 08:11 AM) Dammit - it was last night? The radio said it was tonight. I just wanted to see Lenny one last time. They debuted it in ER's spot, but I think tonight is their regular night. I know it is on again tonight.
-
Law&Order Trial by Jury
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 08:03 AM) I didn't see it, but on the strong characters quote. That's the beauty of L&O, the character development in any single episode isn't that great, but given time each character becomes very deep in their own storyline. This way the only way they can "jump the shark" is having too many shows. Oh, and I saw a repeat of the first episode with Dennis Farina the other night. I hadn't seen it b4. Boy did they set him up for a fall. Which is exactly what I thought watching him in some of the other episodes. He's either IAB or on the take. Well he was a real Chicago cop before he became an actor.. On a side note, I actually knew Farina when I was in HS. I worked at the local country club where he had a membership. Really cool guy, down to earth, and not pretenticious at all. I like seeing him have some success.
-
Law&Order Trial by Jury
Anyone else watch the debut last night? I didn't care much for it. I couldn't get past the lead prosecuter looking like an old Janeen Garafallo. Plus none of the characters were very strong IMO. They have a new episode on again tonight that I am going to try to watch, to give it a second chance though.
-
Reinsdorf on the Score
QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 03:01 AM) Who will we trade from the prospects dept to get someone at mid season? I feel our minor league system is barren after the trades the last few years Unless we give up someone big like BMac, who do we have to give that someone else might want for a vet? Having money to pick up contracts makes a huge difference in this pursuit. Teams that are out of it, will ask for a whole lot less in return if we are willing to pay someone's contract for the rest of the year. That is why we paid so much for Everett and Alomar, because their respective former teams paid almost all of their salaries.
-
McCuddy's
I remember being in McCuddy's as a little dude and getting John Cangelosi's autograph
-
Serious Note
God's strength to you buddy. Big time prayers your way.
-
Greenspan wants tax code simplified
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 06:44 PM) He talked about it during his testimony and it was noted in the same article you posted. Shoot I totally missed that
-
Strongest Supporter of Ousting Saddam
QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 06:47 PM) Its just an interesting aside. I mean they are dicks -- just an interesting theory if true. It is real interesting. I honestly think that Saddam is the one who tried to have him killed in the first place, so I think Uday was viewing this as payback. I'd love to see more details on this though.
-
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/3/2005)
QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 04:11 PM) He was awful. Our best bunter was timo and that is not saying much at all. I was thinking maybe even Valentin, but he bunted so rarely it was hard to say.
-
Strongest Supporter of Ousting Saddam
Very interesting, but I don't think it would have changed anything. They might have moved towards the world a little more, but there still would have been the same torture and murder going on there. After reading about how the guy tortured athletes and murdered people for fun, I can't see Uday's regime being any different than Saddam's.
-
Stolen tools found on Ebay
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 06:03 PM) That's Indiana for you. That would never happen in Chicago Yeah they would have just walked over and asked if they wanted to buy tools, instead of using ebay.
-
Greenspan wants tax code simplified
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 06:08 PM) Personally I'm not too sure what, if any, effect that would have but those in the know, including Greenspan, seem to think that it would have a very positive effect on the economy. I think it's an idea worth exploring though cause our current tax code is a disaster. I have never seen Greenspan comment on a consumption tax, and I am big time fed watcher.
-
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/3/2005)
Cintron does yard work on Jenks... LONG gone from the sounds of it.
-
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/3/2005)
QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 03:18 PM) Bobby Jenks sighting. Honel pitched well. like to see Jenks start the season in the rotation at Charlotte. Unless Jenks has a bang up spring, it doesn't sound like he will start that high in the system. High A to AA sounds more realistic
-
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/3/2005)
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 03:11 PM) what evr happened to the chat room or whatevr? people still use that or not till regular season starts? We are hoping to have it ready for openning day. The one we had last year wasn't actually a part of the site.
-
Fossett completes solo non-stop around the world
http://www.nbc5.com/technology/4249655/det...994&dppid=65192
-
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/3/2005)
QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 02:48 PM) The fact is he got thrown out, IMO in the boxscore it is not going to say CS but was really safe now is it? Your right Speed has nothing to do with getting picked off... but learning to read pitchers do, which harris still hasn't manged and was the point of my post. Harris has no clue how to run the bases, no doubt about it.
-
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/3/2005)
QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 02:45 PM) Thank god Harris has that speed you can't teach... to bad he still hasn't learned how to use it. Speed has nothing to do with getting picked off... And from the sounds of it, because of his speed he was actually safe and got jobbed at 2nd.
-
Who's going to the sox-brewers games?
QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 02:44 PM) they allow tailgating at Millter park, right? Yes they do. They have more info on their website.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 02:40 PM) Wino Please don't ban me Wino... I was wondering who was going to say it.... You can dance, you can sing, having the time of your life.....