Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:42 PM) BTW, Borchard holds the record at Stanford for longest pass thrown. 98 yards FYI. Too bad he can't throw a baseball 98 yards
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:46 PM) :headshake Come on Jenks. Jenks has sounded not ready for Primetime in both of his outings. AA might be over optimistic right now. I know it is early in the spring, but a guy like Jenks isn't going to get many chances to make an impression with the big club. Meanwhile guys like Honel and Reynoso are seeing their stock go up. Felix Diaz is getting a chance.
-
ILLINI not Perfect
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:39 PM) I still have the Illini winning it all. So do I, and I don't even like them.
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:36 PM) Now I know how you get 27000 posts. lol, and I know how you got to 4000 doing pitch by pitch
-
Bulls at Bucks
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:32 PM) i understand Skiles wanting to be strict but i think if Curry played more we could of won that game which kind of pisses me off.... Its ok to make a point to a player or a team but not when that point directly affects the outcome of a game like it did against milwaukee. That's all conjecture. At the same token if Curry was in the game, who's to say that Joe Smith couldn't have scored 30 on Eddy? You never know.
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:33 PM) Let's pause for station identification: "Your listening to SoxFan1's PBP of the White Sox and Diamondbacks on SoxTalk.com"
-
Sabathia
QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:16 PM) First this shouldn't be in pale horse talk... Second... This reminds me of a thread some troll on MLB.com kept posting about how he'd rather have C.C. then Buherle. I wonder how he feels about that now. I don't understand why people worry so much about where exactly something gets posted
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
A little late, but it is encouraging to hear that Honel worked out of that runner at 3rd one out situation without giving up anything. I never have heard exactly what happened to him last year, and there was more than one rumor about it being mental, so the more confidence he can get in spring, the better.
-
Bulls at Bucks
QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:01 PM) Why exactly wasn't Curry playing? They said he wasn't hurt. Did he piss someone off? Am I missing something? He doesn't block out, he doesn't play smart defense, and he doesn't hustle. In each game there has been a specific stupid play that has gotten him yanked. I think mostly it is a culmination of things that are giving him a short rope.
-
*Official* College Basketball Thread
UNC 47 Duke 41 at the half.
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
And Knight.... thanks for not relaying half of the Farmer stories.... DYE DOES YARD WORK!!!!
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
Reynoso really made an impression on the boys in the booth. Fastball seemed to jump to the hitters.
-
All-Perez team
Their offense would be no match for my all Roid team
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
Spod makes an out
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
6 pitch inning by Matt Smith according to Rooney.
-
*Official* College Basketball Thread
Mizzou fans storm the floor as they beat Kansas without their starting PG and leading scorer Horton.
-
4 "Mounties" slain
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 02:52 PM) Well kind of like Michael Moore argues, no one really knows what's wrong with you guys when it comes to guns. I'm far from an expert on the subject so don't jump on me. I'm no expert either, I am just saying.
-
*Official* College Basketball Thread
The best arguement I have seen for IU getting in, is the tourney committees own history. They have shown time and time again that they will take a team from the middle of a premier confrence who plays a tough nonconfrence schedule, over a midmajor with a cupcake schedule. Think back to Georgia and Alabama.
-
Eddy Curry
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 02:05 PM) THe problem with a Bulls team without Curry next year is that it will have absolute garbage in terms of low post scoring and thats something a good NBA team needs to have. Hell, I think even with Curry they still need another good low post scorer. If Eddy could figure out how to hustle for 35-40 minutes a night all of this would be a moot point. As it is now, the Bulls only have to find someone who can score 15 points in 25 minutes, because they sure as hell aren't losing any defense or rebounding...
-
4 "Mounties" slain
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 02:42 PM) That was my point when I said something like this has never happened to us before. Gun controls have helped us. Laws are only worth the paper they are written on. In the City of Chicago it is forbidden to own ANY gun, yet they have almost 1000 murders per year, mostly by guns.
-
White Sox v. Diamondbacks 3/6/05
The game is being delayed, they are hoping for a 230 start
-
*Official* College Basketball Thread
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 01:07 PM) Ok, so now that the Illini have lost, if they lose in the BTT do they still go in as a #1 seed? No doubt in my mind, they would still be the #1 team in the country. No one else has even come close.
-
*Official* College Basketball Thread
Damn, what a rally by the buckeyes.
-
*Official* College Basketball Thread
2.2 seconds...
-
A few interesting articles
Interesting on BMac they have him ticketed for AAA? I would be shocked if he started the season there. I wonder where that came from?