Sabathia

SkokieSox

C.C. Sabathia - S - CLE

C.C. Sabathia was scratched from his start today after straining a muscle in his right side while warming up.

Sabathia refused to talk about the severity of the strain. It's currently unclear whether it's a day-to-day injury or something that will sideline him for a few weeks and keep him off the mound on Opening Day. Mar. 6 - 2:41 pm et

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
First this shouldn't be in pale horse talk...

Second... This reminds me of a thread some troll on MLB.com kept posting about how he'd rather have C.C. then Buherle. I wonder how he feels about that now.

I don't understand why people worry so much about where exactly something gets posted :huh:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
I don't understand why people worry so much about where exactly something gets posted :huh:

I concur. So what if it's posted here, we have smart mods, they'll move it if they feel it need be.

That's definitely good. I'd rather face Westbrook/Millwood than a healthy Sabathia...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
First this shouldn't be in pale horse talk...

Second... This reminds me of a thread some troll on MLB.com kept posting about how he'd rather have C.C. then Buherle. I wonder how he feels about that now.

lol i read that thread too Jeckle... and while that one was troll like this one in a way does effect us because we play the Tribe opening day.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
C.C. Sabathia will take a week off after suffering a strained oblique yesterday. It's unlikely that he'll be ready for Opening Day.

It's only a mild strain, but since it'll be a week before he resumes throwing and another week before he again takes the mound, Sabathia might not be ready to rejoin the rotation until mid-April. Jake Westbrook is likely to start on Opening Day in his place, with Jason Davis set to occupy a rotation spot.

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

:gosox1:

:headbang :headbang :headbang

I can't wait for opening day..

Sabathia unlikely to open vs. Sox

C.C. Sabathia, who was scratched from his appearance Sunday, likely won't start Cleveland's season opener after an MRI showed the left-hander strained a muscle in his right side.

Sabathia has been told not to throw for a week, which means he probably would not have enough time to get in shape to pitch the opener April 4 against the White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field.

"The symptoms will dictate how C.C. will progress, but we're looking at it as a three- to five-week injury," Indians trainer Lonnie Soloff said.