Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 01:18 PM) Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen, by identifying a player who is not with the program, are just doing their jobs. We, as fans, are aware of certain things that we know did happen. We know they traded for Robbie Alomar to hold 2B thru the second half of 2003. We know they they traded for Juan Uribe to push Harris at 2b as well as be a backup for Valentin. We know they traded for Robbie Alomar to push Willie in 2004. We know they traded for Scott Podsednik because Harris was ineffective in the lead off spot. We know they signed Tadahito Iguchi because they thought they needed an upgrade at 2B. And yet, ... get this .... Willie Harris is in SHOCK at this point. How many proverbial 2x4's do they have to hit this guy with? What all was said to Harris in private, which from what I've read, the assumptions are either "nothing" or "Ozzie's fault he can't lead Harris". There's an old saying ... You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. This is not the Sox. This is all on Willie Harris, his stupity, his arrogance and his ego. many various members of the White Sox organization-> Any questions?
  2. Highest bidder doesn't mean best offer
  3. UPDATE: Convicted http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/27/mouthwas...i.ap/index.html
  4. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) The Sox need more agents that will place the team's interests ahead of their clients. Or at least more agents that will place his players interests ahead of their own...
  5. In his writing he claims that the victims of 9-11 weren't innocent victims. http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/educ...3501617,00.html
  6. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 12:41 PM) Has anyone seen Maria Full of Grace? I've seen Will and Grace, does that count?
  7. QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 12:31 PM) I also dont see why TY insists that IU played such a more difficult schedule than Illinois this year.. Illinois Wake Forrest (16 - 2) Gonzaga (14 - 4) Cincinatti (15 - 3) Arkansas (14 - 5) Oregon (11 - 5) Missouri (10 - 9) Georgetown (13 - 5) Indiana UNC (16 - 2) UConn (12 - 4) Notre Dame (12 - 5) Kentucky (15 - 2) Charlotte (14 - 3) Missouri (10 - 9) Based on that IU may have played a SLIGHTLY more difficult schedule, but Wake Forrest beat UNC and Cincy hammered Charlotte, Georgetown also beat ND.. so technically we played the better of the teams as of right now.. Just want to throw this out there because I am sick of hearing He Gawn make excuse after excuse about IU.. but I can understand why, its his favorite team It has a lot to do with the bad teams they play too. That nuetralizes the really good teams.
  8. QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 12:23 PM) Did he sleep with sandburgs wife? Frank's wife
  9. Ebay is always a good place to start. Or you could try a local shop that specializes in autographs.
  10. southsider2k5 replied to southsider2k5's topic in SLaM
    Ouch. Nevermind. I paid $95 to see Paul McCartney a couple years ago at the UC, and I'm not about to spend almost double that for U2.
  11. QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 11:17 AM) Lookee who's noticing Uribe's wardrobe......heh...... Hey I take my roll of checking out players at Soxtalk very seriously
  12. QUOTE(SoIL @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) Hasn't Boras been saying Maggs is completely healthy since November? And didn't he, if not deny at least not mention or imply that Maggs didn't have shock treatment? It looks like one lie and ridiculous statement after another. I know this is how Borass operates, it's just surprising to me that Maggs is going along with it. He must not be thinking or seeing very clearly. I have to agree Maggs has backed himself into a corner. I think he'll find it hard to get out of. He's been healthy, he's been working out blah, blah, blah... you name the lie Maggs and/or Borass has told them...
  13. Oops, try this one instead... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1976225
  14. Also this same company is now targeting fat. http://www.nbc5.com/health/4134754/detail....317&dppid=65192
  15. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/01/27...sary/index.html
  16. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/01/27...sary/index.html
  17. Can I get an "MVP" chant? Just for old times sake?
  18. southsider2k5 replied to southsider2k5's topic in SLaM
    According to Ticketbastard they are still on presale until tommorrow??? http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003A36...01&minorcatid=1 And what is May 7th anyway?
  19. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    My wife is a HUGE U2 fan, and the have tickets going on sale on Saturday. They are having a presale for members of their fan club right now. Is anyone out there in it? If they are could I work out a big favor to try to get tickets through them???
  20. QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 09:32 AM) I couldn't resist. Sorry. It was nice knowing you.... We'll all look after your wife and kids
  21. Aye-yi-yi....
  22. QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 08:31 AM) Joe Morgan isn't nearly that bad. My biggest knock on Joe Morgan is the self-serving stuff that comes from him. He never struck out in a key situation, he never made an error, his teams always won, etc... He is stuck on himself and his own era.
  23. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 03:53 AM) Steff or Mike from SoxFest also mentioned that Everett was in very good shape, so we've got nothing much to worry about on both counts which is good to see. Uribe wore a tight shirt to one of his signings and he had no kind of gut what-so-ever.
  24. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 08:44 AM) I found this one... This one's better
  25. QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 11:16 PM) How about the ninja? Does that somehow insult somebody and I'm too ignorant to realize it. If so, sorry. I already like Iguchi and I'll get his jersey when I know is number. Can we get a Japanese flag smiley? I found this one...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.