Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Gambling on sports
QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 02:32 PM) Sorry, I'll make sure not to mention it on here again. Trust me I understand... I have used one of the aforementioned sites... It is just for the good of this site, that these things aren't out there.
-
College Baseball
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 11:03 PM) Didn't Andy Benes go there? They also had a pretty high pick a year or two back but forget who he was. Yeah Benes is an Evansville Alum. He was the overall #1 pick in the draft in the late 80's if IIRC. Rexy probably can give you the exact year.
-
Baseball-reference.com
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 11:38 AM) Best sight on the net for stats, player and team info, I use it all the time. Ditto. I use this site all of the time.
-
*OFFICIAL* Arena Football League Thread
So I guess all of the hockey and NASCAR fans should trash this thread with things like Not A Sport and Who Cares????
-
Bulls AT Heat
The Bulls are really hitting the wall right now. I was hoping with everyone except Kirk playing reduced minutes it would take a while for it to happen, but it is here. You can really see it with how piss-poor their defensive efforts have been getting.
-
Very crazy trade idea
QUOTE(soxhawks @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 02:01 PM) jjkl Ummm, any reason you are bumping a 3 month old thread?
-
Gambling on sports
Hey guys quick request here. Gambling is illegal and we at Soxtalk want nothing to do with it. You all can talk about it if you like, but please don't post any links to any sites here. We don't want to be seen as promoting any illegal activity. If you want to contact each other privately, that is up to you. Thanks. Mike PS, I am going to remove the specific site references from people's posts.
-
Best Superbowl Commercials
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 01:30 PM) Overpaid probably, overrated maybe, bad actor... NO!!! His performance in Magnolia is one of the best, maybe the best small role I've ever seen. And like the Academy or not, 3 Oscar nominations is impressive. I never said he was a bad actor.
-
Stella Awards
Well since these are all fake, I would have to nominate the old lady who sued the kids who left her cookies instead of going to a drinking party...
-
Just an Iraq Thread
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 01:11 PM) Amazing how business the world over all operate pretty much the same. If there is money to be made, the deals get done. The US didn't need a UN resolution to go to war against Iraq, yet we keep mentioning this and that UN resolution that was violated. :headshake We really do talk out of both sides of our mouths in regards to Iraq. The UN was compromised as a nuetral party when it got involved in the food for oil scandal. Especially when the countries leading the charge against the US, were the ones who had the most to lose financially from the war. The whole idea is for them to be an international body immune to the influences of politics, trying to aid the world as best they can. Instead they did their best immitation of the US Senate and stuck their hands out for money. The UN is worthless right now. The US does most of the peacekeeping and charity work in the world as is. If the UN is going to decide everything by the highest bidder, we might as well cut out the middle man and all of the waster that goes on at the UN anyway.
-
The Guilford Colege shot
QUOTE(Mathew @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 12:24 PM) That was the only shot I've seen in Div III basketball. D3 ball pwns
-
Just an Iraq Thread
QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) Actually, the Oil For Food program was funded by the sale of Iraqi oil. Which was bought primarily by....
-
Joe Borchard
QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 07:12 PM) Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he not going to make the Pirates out of ST when we got him? I think we got some steal! There were rumors that Marte was going to get waived, and the Sox wanted to make sure they got him, as there was significant other interest in Marte.
-
Moving day...
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 02:03 PM) Oh.. I snagged that for you. By yourself? Didn't you need a crane to pick that thing up?
-
Dick Allen story
I love it when Rich Daley talks about taking responsibility. That's almost as good as the Red Sox owners taking about costs in baseball.
-
Power Outage
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 12:38 PM) Even the optimistic numbers are a 15-20% drop in HR. Which is also a drop in runs scored. Don't forget Maggs was are most consistent (.300+ avg.) hitter. We need guys to get on base. Let's say that the first part of the equation is happening, guys are getting on base and advancing. Pitchers are less likely to challenge the hitters with 1st base open than with no one on base. All of a sudden those 2-2 fast balls out over the plate, become corner nibblers and breaking balls. This changes more than just adding and dropping power numbers. Counting Maggs as a loss is kind of a misnomer to me. We already lost him last year. The numbers he put up in 2004 were something that a bench player would contribute. I don't look at losing 9 hrs 37 RBI as losing too much power. His big numbers losses were already factored in in 2004. Now Carlos Lee I could see a much more relevant arguement, as we are replaing him with Scott Pod.
-
Parting shots from Maggs
Welcome to Soxtalk
-
Best Superbowl Commercials
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 12:06 PM) Well I don't really agree and don't feel like explaining other then merely providing the two actor's resumés. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000226/ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000129/ But that's your opinion so whatever. Actually all that really did was reconfirm in my mind that Tom Cruise is overrated and overpayed.
-
Just an Iraq Thread
QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 10:25 AM) Yup, the same UN that reduced the malnutrition rate in Iraqi children by 50% and launched a national vaccination campaign with Oil for Food money. Most of which was probably financed by the US in some way, shape, or form as it usually is with UN programs.
-
Best Superbowl Commercials
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 11:51 AM) What genre do you mean? I'm a big Tom Cruise fan and I just need you to give me enough information so I can argue for him. The whole hero/action thingy. Tom Cruise is OK. He has played some good roles, but seems to be at his best in chick-flicks IMO.
-
Best Superbowl Commercials
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 10:29 AM) Come on, Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg is a can't miss combo. At worst this movie will be above average. As in, better than The Core, I,Robot, Day After Tommorow. I'll be impressed if it is better than IRobot. But I gotta say right off of the top of my head Will Smith pnws Tom Cruise in this movie genre. I really hope this movie is good.
-
Magglio contract breakdown
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 04:07 PM) Just so I can throw it out there... Juan Gonzalez, anyone? I'm thinking Albert Belle might be a little more accurate by the time this contract is said and done.
-
Parting shots from Maggs
QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 10:37 AM) Hot Chick Forum? Nudity should be encouraged everywhere and anywhere. Steff, feel free to post away. This is america. For Liberty and Nudity for all. Careful you are going to get a naked Critic picture on here... :puke
-
Anyone going to the Sox-Brewers games?
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 10:35 AM) Eh.. we have to leave the suite...??? I figure we can call them over to the suite and taunt them like the Frenchmen in Quest for the Holy Grail...
-
Anyone going to the Sox-Brewers games?
QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 10:25 AM) I paid $35 total for 2 seats in section 125 Row 1 Great deal. Only bad thing is I have to take the woman to the outlet malls after the game. F you going Friday or Sat? If its Friday you need to meet up with us also.