Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 06:04 PM) f***ing sickening. And it begs the question of "why the f*** is a 26-year-old hanging around with a 16-year-old in a 'punk clique' anyhow??????" I hope that nutty b**** gets the justice that she deserves. Good question, what would make a much older person want to hang out with teenagers in a group like that???
  2. I'm taking UNC. I think Dukes wussy scheduling catches up with them as they have to face another real team after taking the fall off Kansas-style.
  3. All right guys this ends here... Back on topic.
  4. Ah yes, Fox television... the Detroit Tigers of the networks.
  5. SPOILER!!!! ANSWERS BELOW!! 1. The third. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead. 2. The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it and hung it up to dry. 3. Charcoal. 4. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. 5. The letter "e" -- which is the most common letter in the English language -- does not appear once in the long paragraph.
  6. 1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in three years. Which room is safest for him? 2. A woman shoots her husband, then she holds him under water for over five minutes. Finally, she hangs him. Five minutes later they go out and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be? 3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away? 4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? 5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching! I'll post the answers below, with a spoiler warning...
  7. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 08:50 AM) She's divorcing her husband - who is the HS basketball coach. His self esteem must be soaring at the thought he was replaced by a 13 year old. he left her...
  8. southsider2k5 replied to Rex Kickass's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 09:02 AM) Remembering past Lent incidents, didn't Be Good give up SoxTalk for a month? Yes he did. And IIRC he was back on here Easter Sunday.
  9. http://www.financegates.com/news/world_new...e_09022005.html
  10. QUOTE(JimH @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 02:27 PM) Agree. White Sox should do more of this, not sure why they're not. They usually do. They had plenty of them the last few years. This year with the roster pretty well set, there really isn't much incentive to come here on one of those type of contracts. There just aren't many opportunities to be had here. They did get invites out to some of our not as deep spots behind the plate and at SS, but that is about it.
  11. QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 01:22 PM) You cannot count Maggs as 9 since he was injured. We lost 30 HRs with Maggs. That is the correct way to analyze it. Actually his analysis is spot on. We lost Maggs HRs from 2003 to 2004, not 2004 to 2005. Maggs loss will only be felt as what we aren't getting from his 2004 numbers. This year we won't even notice Maggs is gone, because we essentially lost him last year anyway.
  12. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 12:30 PM) Please excuse my ignorance here, but did you ever feel comfortable when Jason was on the mound? He seemed like a great guy, but I don't think he ever showed major league stuff. IMHO, I'd rather test out some minor leauge arms anywho. Who knows, maybe one of the fellas from the minors comes up and impresses. I think we're better with a Hermanson/minor leauger combo than Grilli. Just asking. As a starter, I would rather give Grilli a run and see if his arm comes back or not. Diaz just doesn't have the stuff or pitches to make it as a starter. There is no doubt in my mind his future is in the pen as a set up guy.
  13. QUOTE(JimH @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 12:21 PM) Yup, the new article on the main White Sox site confirms that Grilli did not accept a minor league invite from the Sox, and now news he's accepted the same type of contract with the Tigers. Grilli must've thought he'd get a better opportunity there. Also in this article, it's said that Williams will not invite Campos to spring traning as a non roster invitee. http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/new...s_cws&fext=.jsp I wonder if this means that Adkins will go back to starting at AAA? The Knight rotation should look something like Diaz Munoz Yofu Stewart Campos Right? This could also open up a spot for Bull at Charlotte.
  14. Damn, that means two pitch Diaz is our 6th starter right now. Ouch. Hopefully BMac keeps on his quick path to the majors.
  15. QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) I dont agree with that.. Illinois jumped out to HUGE leads against both of them and then their shooting went ice cold.. The thing that jumped out to me the most was when they started using the Zone defense.. I dont think it was Michigan making the game boring last night holding the ball till 5 on the shot clock.. man that was annoying.. Anyways, I dont think holding the ball and using the shot clock caused Illinois to go on an 11 minute scoring drought.. I think the zone D was the main factor, we were working it around trying to get a shot and then ended up chucking up a 3 as SC ran down.. thats why we were like 7 - 23 from 3pt I honestly believe you are identifing symptoms and not the root cause there. WHY did their shooting go cold? They couldn't get into anykind of a rythm on offense because Michigan juiced the shot clock everytime they got the ball. They forced the Illini to play defense for 25-30 seconds everytime, which anyone will tell you is much harder than running offense. After a while it tires you out and takes your legs out from under your jumpshot if you aren't concentrating harder on O. It can also change the pace of the game in your mind and makes you want to run up the floor and rush shots you wouldn't usually take. I think the Illini have been a victim of the first part of that their last two games.
  16. southsider2k5 replied to Queen Prawn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 11:58 AM) And you're not?
  17. I'll move it later... as soon as I would move it, someone else will post it anew. I'll leave it here for now, with the notation that the main thread is here... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29676
  18. But nothing tops... "Excuse me while I whip this out..."
  19. southsider2k5 replied to Queen Prawn's topic in SLaM
    I am pretty sure that it all stays tax free. But I am sure one of the resident CPA (ie-nerds) can help you more.
  20. What's Hendry doing, hell what are the Tigers doing??? So they have a closer whose mom has been kidnapped, and should play-but who knows, a $12 closer with a bad arm, and a headcase for a bullpen. Then they have a injury prone catcher and a RFer with a cronic knee problem signed to huge contracts... Like I said before Tom Hicks>Mike Illitch
  21. It is so embarassing that this assclown has "ex-Sox" attached to his name. Canseco was one of the few White Sox I booed while they still were with the southsiders.
  22. Well these last two games should have taught the Big 10 and the rest of the NCAA how to beat Illinois. IU and Michigan obvious don't have anywhere near the talent to play UI but they both stuck around for way longer than anyone expected. Use up your shotclock on offense. It is obvious that if the opposing teams use shotclock and make the Illini work on the defensive end of the floor, they don't seem as sharp on the offensive end. A Princeton style game would be the perfect match up for them. I'll be curious to see the rest of the Big 10 schedule, and then the Big Dance, and see how teams use these last two games to match up with Illinois.
  23. QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 10:32 AM) Like YOU of all people would know!!!! I found a hot chick, THEN got on Soxtalk And mreye, the admins get tail all of the time, and don't even think twice about it.
  24. Step one to finding a hotchick. GET OFF OF SOXTALK!!! :lol
  25. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/09/internat...print&position=

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.