southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Shingo has a new pitch!
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 11:54 AM) Lets go with the obvious. A pitch that the japanese leagues are famous for. THE SHUTO!!!!!!!! shuto: a variation on the screwball that is popular among Japanese pitchers Could be, but would Don Cooper know the pitch?
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 11:17 AM) In a desperate attempt to stop the cough, I licked my coffee table, didn't help. Try it again. And take pictures this time... that is the key:P
-
SK doubts that NK has nukes
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=7624546
-
Kiss it good-bye
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1991361
-
Santana signs with Twins, 4 years, 40 million
QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 01:19 PM) You moved it just as I was making note of the fact. I actually think this is stuff is fine on the White Sox board but hell that's just me. Don't worry with an hour someone else will post it on Pale Hose talk
-
Diaz-Adkins-Cotts-Munoz
Well it looks like barring injuries Diaz and Adkins and either Munoz or Cotts (unless Kevin Walker has a huge ST) are going to end up back in Charlotte to start the 2005 season. Does anyone have any guesses on whether these guys will go back to starting full time or relieving? I would imagine Diaz will be starting again, as he is basically the 6th starter with the departure of Grilli. But how about the rest of them?
-
Miller worker canned for being a Bud-man
http://www.nbc5.com/news/4191531/detail.ht...382&dppid=65192
-
Rotation Projections
Aren't all of the Sox starting pitchers signed for 2006 as well? I know Garland isn't, but we own his arbit rights. 2007 could be intereting though. Contreras and Hernandez could be gone, along with Garland hitting his FA years.
-
MVP Baseball 2005
$30 for MVP? That is awesome
-
tell the truth about V day men.
Married 4 1/2 years... we do a little something, not much though. Our anniversary is a much bigger deal.
-
Yahoo Fantasy Baseball sign ups!!!
QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 07:56 PM) Either way. Just post something when you want one of us to start organizing it. Hey Zoom, you've got a PM.
-
Perhaps the biggest douchebag I've ever seen
The guy got zero bids.
-
Google.com
Google must really like us now, because under the search for "white sox message board", we are #1
-
Lieberman into the cabinet?
QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 10:30 AM) Could someone copy and past the article here (I don't feel like signing up for the Washington Post's website). Romance is in the air today across the land. But in Washington, the buzz continues about "The Kiss." No, not Gustav Klimt's famous painting. It's the big fat one an exuberant President Bush planted on Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman's right cheek as he waded through the Capitol crowd after the State of the Union a couple of weeks ago. The Connecticut Democrat said he didn't mind it and thought Bush was thanking him for his support of the administration's foreign policy. Or maybe it was for Lieberman's not dismissing outright Bush's Social Security proposal. Or maybe it was something else. There's been K Street chatter, our colleague Jeffrey H. Birnbaum tells us, that Lieberman could be on an administration list to replace Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld in the next year or so. That would be convenient for Lieberman, whose term is up in 2006, and could give Connecticut Gov. M. Jodi Rell ® an opportunity to appoint a Republican to the seat for at least a few months before the election, inching the GOP closer to a filibuster-proof Senate. Or maybe it's just love?
-
Santana signs with Twins, 4 years, 40 million
Damn, I was hoping he wouldn't give up his FA years. That means 4 more years of Johan
-
Ben Davis
IN reality, how many better #2 catchers are there in baseball. Yeah I was uncomfortable with Ben as a starter, but as a back up, we are in much better shape than most teams are.
-
Sun-Times pre-season take on new Sox
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 10:08 AM) I don't care about legal or illegal. Laws change ever day, if today they were legalized, would it then be OK? I heard somewhere that the book doesn't accuse certain players that everyone seems to think are juiced, like Sammy. Canseco won't directly accuse anyone whom he didn't actually SEE using steroids. I found that very inetersting. Does that give his stories any more credibilty? He fingered a lot of people that he thinks were shooting up according to the exerpts being released. Roger Clemens was one of the ones I remember off of the top of my head.
-
Opening Day vs. Cleveland 4-4-05
QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 09:47 AM) Another guy I forgot all about Cleveland having is Aaron Boone...he could be a big help to them as well. He should be back and ready by opening day from his ACL. Recovering from an ACL injury, I would be shocked if Boone has any kind of a decent year. It usually takes a while to get back into playing shape, and regain the mobility and speed that you lost. It isn't like a bone break, that once it is healed you are fine again.
-
New strain of HIV virus
Maybe Jim can correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this pretty common behavior for viruses? Don't they adapt to drugs fairly quickly, and mutate into something else that is resistant? I seem to remember there been a couple new strains of TB that were untreatable. I think that is also why they have started to discourage use of anti-biotics at the drop of a hat, because that also speeds up the process of viruses becoming immune.
-
Lieberman into the cabinet?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...av=rss_politics
-
Alan Keyes In the News Yet Again
Nice to see Alan actually reads his bible at all. It pisses me off when people ignore what's in that book, yet act like they care what is saids. No where in there does it say to disown your family if they sin. As a matter of a fact, just the opposite.
-
Getting married at Comiskey Park
QUOTE(TLAK @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 06:57 AM) Lots of different ways to propose. I remember about a guy who sat crying at the kitchen table on the morning of the 20th wedding anniversary. His wife said, “What’s the matter? Today is a happy day.” He said, “Remember 20 years ago when your father caught us fooling around in the back of my car and said if I didn’t marry you he’d put me in jail for 20 years?” He stared at his coffee and said, “I would have gotten out today.” That is excellent
-
Sporting News Article
I gotta be honest, I quit reading when the writer starting talking about a significant lack of power. It pretty much discredited him in my eyes.
-
smilies added
Quality work on the smilies
-
Drumroll please...Please welcome our Newest Mod
This board has a need, and its more Hoosiers Congrats Grease!