Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. OMG that is hilarious Can Guillen be in our QOTM posts?
  2. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 04:29 PM) If any of the 62 players ahead of him in % shot 9 a game they would lead the league in 3P makes. If those 62 guys were taking 9 3's a game, their percentages would most likely plummet.
  3. QUOTE(rangercal @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 03:39 PM) nbadraft.net has deron going # 10 and luther going # 40 Does that include HS players and college freshmen and sophomores?
  4. You think Boozer is regretting screwing over Cleveland yet? Or Utah for taking advantage of them?
  5. QUOTE(3E8 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 02:35 PM) Cleveland's bullpen is a lot better than most of you would make it seem. And the 8th and 9th inning guys both haven't had an injury free year for years for either one of them.
  6. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:53 AM) I wonder if he went on the Jurassic Carl diet. Wasn't he feeling a little heavy also? Looking at his career history, I wouldn't surprised if IRod and Carl were on the same "diet"...
  7. QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:36 AM) He said 'regardless of why it is offensive'. You could make up any bulls*** reason to say something is offensive. OH ANCHORMAN WAS OFFENSIVE IT'S MEAN TO ANCHORMEN So what about that makes it any different than anyone else being offended by something. Some people are offended by anything, and some people are offended by nothing. Why protect one group over another?
  8. "I felt heavy behind the plate" GMAFB
  9. QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:35 AM) I disagree, I think it would be Dustin Hermanson. I like what I read about McCarthy, though, and all I can suggest to him is "keep yourself ready", because it doesn't take long in the majors for things to go wrong, and before you know it, the phones in the minors are ringing off the hook. I am guessing that Hermanson is around as more of an insurance policy for Shingo vs 5th starter. But there is no arguing the Sox have more depth for righties in the pen vs lefties or major league ready starters.
  10. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:32 AM) Would Cotts get a look at all????? Not unless Kevin Walker or Arnie Munoz come up big as the #2 lefties out of the pen.
  11. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:30 AM) Who is the 6th starter? I read that Ozzie said TWO guys would have to be injured for B-Mac to get a look. If I had to guess... Diaz, then Munoz or maybe Adkins?
  12. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:29 AM) I love it. I am really excited to be able to watch B-mac on TV this Spring. Me too. Hopefully we see Brandon around here again sometime too!
  13. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 11:51 PM) Neal Cotts on last year's game:
  14. QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:15 AM) I agree. Why force people to change avatars because some people are oversensitive? The same arguement can be made for gay and ethnic jokes...
  15. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 09:44 PM) Nick Smith is the shortest 7' 2" player on the planet. He plays like he's 5 feet tall with mittens on his hands. Two words. Brad Sellers.
  16. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 10:31 AM) No we just sign the ones who haven't won anything to 3-4 year deals to play SS, when their stats are vastly overrated because of thier home park. But, you guys here think that he is the next Tejada.. Gwety...Here is some simple math, If Frank makes 10 Mill Next season and our payroll is at 70.. 10 __ 70 = 1/7 of our payroll.. to give us Sosa like numbers.. The only way I pick up that 12mil is if Frank Wins the MVP.. otherwise we are paying 12mil a year for 1/2 a player. I just don't see him putting up .300/35/100 anytime soon. Fun with numbers again... For the payroll to be at $70 mil for 2006, they would have to actually cut payroll from 2005 levels...
  17. I hadn't really reflected of the impact of Hernandez on Contreras too much, but if the NY reports of his being lonely and depressed at times in NY are correct, this should really help him be able to focus on things at hand. Plus having his family here, we could be looking at a breakout season for Jose. No one ever doubts his arm, they doubt his mental make up. If the stuff in his head gets fixed, look out.
  18. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 10:11 PM) But they have a nice offense. Basically the same mix we've been using to finish ahead of them for the past four seasons. I really think Cleveland is a house of cards. I think now that the spot light has started to find them, they will be the Royals of 2004-a big flop. The entire back of their pen is injury prone guys who had a couple of good months. Their two top pitchers had horrible second halves, and their offense faded at the end of the year. Their top FA signing was horrible in the NL and now moving into the AL.
  19. I do lots of Sox stuff in my blog. It isn't entirely about the Sox, but as much as I like the Sox, they make it in there a lot. http://www.boringtheworld.blogspot.com
  20. Very interesting. Out of curiousity, does anyone know about his bunting skills? Can he sac bunt or drag bunt?
  21. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 05:29 PM) You would think so, but have you ever talked with him? Yeah, I guess that means I am taking your word on it
  22. I would love to see this happen. I think if games didn't routinely run 3 hours, it might be easier to attract casual fans to watching games on a regular basis. This is an easy way to cut a few seconds an AB off of a game. I could see this saving 10-15 minutes a game.
  23. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 07:45 PM) He is the only man that can save the Simpsons /wasformerwriter Word
  24. QUOTE(T R U @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 07:43 PM) dfjbaskjlfyhbasljfasgdabgfgashhgdlk YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Retiree? Yeah I noticed...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.