Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. From what I hear Molto's is the place to go
  2. southsider2k5 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 01:23 PM) What a dumbass. But I still kicked your ass all over the place on the Nintendo, and that's all that matters. Watch the name calling... don't make me ban you
  3. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 01:10 PM) Source is look at the gate Revunes from last year, they should equal our payroll before we were "okayed" to increase the payroll, do you actually think that money came out of the owners and JR pocket? NOPE, it was a part of that TV deal they signed. Are you still looking at the revenue number based on 4 tickets and extrapolating it as if were based on one person?
  4. Who hasn't registered yet? I think it is Sonix... is that right? There are some teams that I don't recongnize.
  5. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 12:44 PM) Lets get some things straight baseball is never good business, to have such a mismatch of funds between teams is just plain dumb, but with that said.. it not going to change anytime soon I don't think. Even when the CBA comes due, I don't see a major change in it, you will have the NY and Boston fighting for keeping the rules the same, and players backing those owners up. As for us, we could be in the elite of the pack, the problem is JR and the board doesn't pony up the money, they do use the gate/ park fees as a basis for setting the team payroll, what they don't include is the TV/Radio deals that they got from ESPN and ComCast this past year. I would love to find the figures on how much more money they got from those deals, that they are not putting back into the teams roster. You all need to quit getting your baseball info off of conspiracytheory.com.
  6. McGovern vs Mondale, and death is not an option?
  7. For me it is health. This team was dead last year when Frank and Maggs got hurt. This year we have two guys who have had serious injury problems in Dye and El Duque, plus we are still waiting for Frank to heal. If this team stays healthy, it can win. If not, forget it.
  8. full article http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?ID=115883&hubName=nba
  9. QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:47 AM) One time this drunk guy gave me a scarily detailed description of his wife's private parts and handed me an unopened bag of sugar free reese's cups. Now see I ride that damned train everyday, and I never see anything that cool. I usually get the moms with their little girls who have 27 American Girl Place bags, all screaming into cell phones, while the kids run up and down the aisles. The best one I had was the woman who was talking loud enough for an entire half of a train car to hear her conversation of how she would have killed someone step by step.
  10. How about some new questions to keep this thread going? We'll go with a Southside/Northside theme this time. Fact or Fiction The Cubs will win more games than the White Sox Fact or Fiction Jon Garland will win more games than Kerry Wood Fact or Fiction Carlos Zambrano will win more games than Mark Buehrle Fact or Fiction Scott Podsednik will steal more bases than the whole Cubs team Fact or Fiction The Cubs attendance will average 15,000 per game higher than the Sox Fact or Fiction Jermaine Dye will out homer Jeromy Burnitz Fact or Fiction Latroy Hawkins will have a lower ERA than Damaso Marte Fact or Fiction The White Sox will finish higher in the standings than the Cubs will
  11. http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/22/casualty.hoax.ap/index.html People like this deserve that special corner of hell
  12. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6861065/
  13. QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:25 AM) In the evening it is. The South Shore is full of commuters getting soused out of paper bags on their trip back to Miller and Ogden Dunes. Thank god for my gas sipping box. The construction workers are the best with the cases of Busch Lite
  14. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 09:59 AM) The thing is, is Gordon good enough to overcome his shortcomings to be the 40 minute starter that'll probably bolt him to stardom? Not unless he leaves the Bulls or Hinrich gets dealt for a big 2 guard. With the Bulls back court as it is now, there isn't room for 80 minutes of 2 6'2" guards per game. Especially with Skiles, they have got to be able to defend.
  15. Vinnie Johnson is a real good comparison. He has some huge 4th quarters, but because of his defensive short comings, he couldn't really play a whole game, and was much more valuable coming off of the bench and lighting up a second string, or hitting the court in the 4th Q fresh, while his defenders were nearing 40 minutes on the floor.
  16. We are already past $70 million in payroll today.
  17. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) LOL.. For the record I don't "hate" him. Maybe he's thinking... "s***.. maybe Steff was right.. maybe they brought this guy in cause I act like an asshole in the clubhouse and towards my teammates and I better change my attitude a bit..." Nah he's thinking... "Where are those cool fans who do the MVP chant when I get a hit?"
  18. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 09:10 AM) Look, If we all want to resign Frank for 10mil and now Pauly for 10 mil that is 2/7 of our payroll tied up into 2 guys.. DOes that make sense? You guys can't have both IMO, esp if we keep payroll at where it is at. So come July time, if Thomas is healthy and can play the field, trade Pauly for some propects and move on from there. Frank hasn't been healthy enough to play the field in 5 years. Everytime he gets out there now, he manages to hurt himself. If you keep Frank, you still need a 1B.
  19. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 08:05 AM) I seriously think he could be looking at about $10 million a season or there abouts (take or give a couple of mill), especially if he has another great season this year. It'd probably be in the Sox's interests to lock him up during the season, as other teams will definitely come calling for him in free agency (Yankees, Mets, Rangers etc.) After seeing what the HR hitters went for in the off season, $10 mil doesn't look that either. I would just hate to see it come down to a choice between Frank and Pauly. All though with Everett under contract for only one more year, that does give them a position to play with.
  20. http://www.keralanext.com/news/indexread.asp?id=125961
  21. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 07:48 AM) Yep, and if I remember the commuter rails in Chicago: a double bonus because of the free entertainment. The South Shore isn't nearly as entertaining as say the Red Line. Mostly tourists going into the big city for the day with their spoiled brat kids. I don't get half the stories that you do
  22. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 07:45 AM) Thank God I live next to a bus line. It makes my $215 train pass feel like a bargain.
  23. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...5news&fext=.jsp
  24. I'll say this now. If crude is at $51 in Feb, expect to be paying $2.50-$3.00 per gallon for gas after Memorial Day. The writing is on the wall.
  25. I have no problem with a 3 year $25 million deal.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.