Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 01:40 AM) Yep, start of the season always brings back some of the originals. Its so great seeing the familiar faces already popping back up. Ditto. It is awesome to see some of the backbones of this site start to return. I guess it isn't the return of the robins that starts spring, its pitchers and catchers reporting and everything that leads too.
  2. Happy Birthday all of the way up in Montana
  3. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 07:29 PM) What sport are they playing? Just curious. Arena F? League Oh yeah, and just because they have football in the name means it is indeed football. That's like calling softball baseball because they use 4 bases and a bat. AFL is totally different game.
  4. QUOTE(HoosierSox @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 10:03 AM) Can we start another keeper league? It seems like we have plenty of interest. There will be a second keeper league for sure. There are plenty of people interested. I think Soxbadgers is going to run it, unless you want to talk to him Zoom?
  5. QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 07:53 PM) I'm puzzled too. This makes no sense. If someone passes a BAC test, they are free to go as long as DUI is the only charge. Actually I am going to edit this based on an assumption. With the BAC being a .7? If IIRC, and the article saying that he took the tests at the station an hour later. Therefore, I am going to assume they are going to attempt to try and prove that he was on his way down and legally drunk at the time of stop. There are various ways to prove this. Hope that helps. with a BAC of .7 he would be dead. It must be .07 which is under legally drunk in any state.
  6. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 04:58 PM) Except it is playing the same game as one of the four major sports. 22 people on a 100 yard field? I guess I missed that part...
  7. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 04:29 PM) Jas and I did it. We wanted to propogate our dominance.... So did you guys finally quit wizzing on trees and move on to the internet?
  8. That's nobody's business but the Terps
  9. The TWolves have really gone to s***. They sounds like they were just going through the motions... Good to see the Bulls hang above .500 though.
  10. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 05:42 PM) Vladdy would have look even better in that OF.. Thanks Mr Obvious, you're a lifesaver.
  11. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    Saw Collateral this weekend. Way too predictable, but decent plot. Its still wierd to see Jaime Foxx doing serious roles.
  12. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 11:39 PM) Nothing like talking s*** about a guy who is gone from the board. Yeah, go make your own board and don't let anyone see it if you are going to do that...
  13. So with Owens and Borchard in the system, the Sox already have a better offense than the Bears do...
  14. QUOTE(SEALgep @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 01:54 PM) Alex Escobar - OF - WAS Nationals acquired outfielder Alex Escobar from the White Sox for outfielder Jerry Owens. Ridiculous. Jim Bowden, forever obsessed with toolsy outfielders, never could get Escobar while he was with the Reds. Now he has him, but there's absolutely no place for him on the roster and he's out of options. If this were a free pickup, then we wouldn't have much of a problem with it, but in trading Owens, a 2003 second-round pick, he's surrendering one of the few position player prospects the Nationals have. A good move by White Sox GM Ken Williams. Feb. 13 - 2:40 pm et I like the sound of that... hopefully this ends up being one of those Marte for Gurrier afterthought trades that pays big.
  15. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 07:54 PM) Did education have the most cuts $ wise? Defense had $60 billion in cuts. I believe that is the most by far.
  16. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) Your times, I'm fairly used to the time change now, usually 7 p.m over there is about 10 a.m over there I think on the East Coast. Working with our 3 Aussie customers, I know the difference now too
  17. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 08:41 AM) Nah I thought I'd leave one just for you. If I ever get my ass to Chicago someday, I'm going to have to shout you one, after all the Fosters jokes we've cracked. Fosters I can handle... just as long as it isn't vegimite :puke If you ever get up here the ticket is on me. BTW did you ever decide on going to school up here for a semester?
  18. So far I am looking at about half a dozen, plus a couple of road games. Looks like we are going to get out to Baltimore this year in July.
  19. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 08:38 AM) Draft times which are the best for me (after March 1), are Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday Nights. And just gimme Santana and Schmidt again (Jamie Moyer is available Wite), and I'll be kept happy. Are those our times or your times D?
  20. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 09:36 PM) I could say a lot of things to Kap quite frankly. I'll just chuck a shrimp on the barby to celebrate instead. And crack open a tall cool Fosters Spot on mate!
  21. League 1 Southsider2k5 Tony82087 Knightni MrZero Sox1422 DBAH0 TheBones Chisox_Sonix Witesoxfan Whitesoxin' Mathew BigRed3535 These are the members of league one, as the people in it know. First order of business is to start thinking about a good day and time of the week to have a draft. This is obviously going to be a head to head live draft league. These are the categories we used last year. R HR RBI SB E AVG OPS W L SV BB K ERA WHIP How do those sound?
  22. An official announcement here... League one is full. Amazingly 11 of the 12 people who played last year have returned. I have never seen anything like it in my long time playing fantasy ball... which dates back to the free days at Sandbox.com. Cheat and 56789 are busy checking who from last year is repeating leagues 2 and 3. Soon they will be contacting people to fill in spots of posters who have no interest in playing again. Also Knightni is busy filling league 4 as we speak. That league right now is almost all players who are playing in the Sim league. As soon as he gets confirmations he will be adding his group of players. To those who have expressed interest, but haven't been assigned a league yet, it will be done soon. As soon as all of the old leagues committments have been confirmed or denied, we will know how many people are needed for the old leagues, and then we will know how many people will go into the new leagues. And to anyone else who wants to play but has not said so yet, there is still plenty of time to let us know! Post you interest here ASAP!!!
  23. Roger Clemens is a roid user because he had a big improvement late in his career? Is Canseco f***ing stupid? Hello 24-4 dumbass. f*** Canseco. Aw they won't let you play baseball anymore so you are going to go tell on everyone... boo-hoo. Go back to prision with the rest of the conartists. :fyou
  24. I am going to say this now. 2004 Royals=2005 Tigers. Over-Rated Flops!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.