Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Shingo Interview
And that last paragraph in a nutshell is why Tadahito Iguchi is playing here in Chicago and not in Japan for the next couple of years.
-
Keeper League Waiting List
These are the rest of the players that express keeper interest... Zoomslownik HoosierSox Ishmookie Thompsonmi
-
Yahoo Fantasy Baseball sign ups!!!
QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 12:57 PM) I know I just do not think that number of posts is a direct correleation to fantasy baseball activity. Post totals count other forums besides the main sports forums, so a person could be racking up huge totals in Sex, Lies, Politics, but rarely read and post in the sport forums. The only thing you can do is give people a chance and hope for the best, because last year when I got into league 2 I bet I only had 250 or so posts in 2 years. SB hey SB, you have a PM from me
-
A More Cuddly Jesus Chainsaw Massacre
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 12:51 PM) Well, seeing as a sequel is kind of out of the question, I guess a Special Edition is the way to go. Oh but the sequel is coming...
-
Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Asia - 225,000+ dead
2004 could be the worse year for earthquake related deaths since 1556 when an earthquake in China killed over 800,000 people. The other interesting thing is that the Indian Ocean quake was remeasured at an incredible 9.3 on the richter scale. http://www.livescience.com/forcesofnature/...uakes_2004.html
-
Yahoo Fantasy Baseball sign ups!!!
Yeah there are couple of guys in my league who have been in with me for 3 years now. Even though they aren't on here a lot, I already know they are good fantasy players. Looking at the sign ups there are a couple of those I know of, right off the top of my head.
-
Husband sees wife in child porn film
The husbands story sounds just a little too convient for me. Who passes around child porn as if it is "normal" porno?
-
I'll beat NUKE to it...
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 11:44 AM) Damn you're fast!!! Seriously though, I'm not going to fault the entire U.N. for the actions of a few assholes who prey on the weak. The real scandal is Oil for Food, which hurt far more people and may well reach to the top of the U.N. bureaucracy. Scratch out "may" with "does" and you have hit the nail on the head. Its a completely different ballgame when the peacekeepers on the ground do something stupid (granted this is waaaaaaaaaaay past that) and when the leaders of the world's organization that is supposed to be looking out for the world are taking bribes. That whole region of the world is so messed up right now. And no one really cares, which is the saddest part of all. There is genocide going on right now in the Sudan, and UN is too busy arguing whether 80,000 people dead fits the definition of "genocide"
-
Puppies killed...
Steff you have got to find a happier news site to read....
-
What would you change.....
QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 10:37 AM) They shoulda gotten rid of Minnesota and Montreal a few years back. There is no Montreal anymore, even though they are now Washington, but I hate the Twins and still am mad they weren't contracted. Les Spos would have been #1 on my list, but now that they are in Washington, I would give them 5 years or so to see if the fan base is there or not. If they don't take they would be in my top 4 in place of the Marlins. Maybe that new stadium deal will pull them through.
-
Midday Show Poll
Who the F is voting for the Bears???
-
Comic strip of the day
- What would you change.....
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 09:29 AM) I'm gonna take a stab here. Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and 2 out of Kansas City, Milwaulkee or Cincinatti. Some surprises here. Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Oakland, and Florida. 3 of the 4 have winning teams and still can't draw fans. If the teams ever go bad, they won't draw more than 10K a night. Tampa was just a huge mistake for a team. They either move to Orlando or fold that dump of a franchise.- What would you change.....
NFL style salary system and drug testing system. There are also at least 4 teams that need to go.- Sex in a can
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/londoncuts/a...85?source=Metro- Name Change? Anything else needed?
You're all set Mr X, formerly Man of Steel, nee Anthony007.- Newborn tossed out of car window....
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 09:01 AM) My sister said people have been all over the news down there wanting to adopt him. A little light at the end of the tunnel for the little fella.. Its things like that, after stories like this one, that keep my faith in humanity.- One word
LMFAO!!! That went much funnier than I expected- Shingo Takatsu
QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 08:22 AM) I guess we all agree that Shingo is a one inning pitcher. Someone email Ozzie and make sure he gets the word. I think Oz knew it too, but with the pen they had last year, he really didn't have any choices. With all of the problems he really had to try to use him when he didn't want to.- Kenny already looking for trade in july
QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 08:12 AM) Yes, but we all remember KW and Ordonez sitting together at the ballpark after the injury. Yeah, I guess you gotta start somewhere... and when Borass is involved, it usually ends badly. Just ask the Astros.- One word
- Newborn tossed out of car window....
QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 08:27 AM) The won't let us. Separation of Church and State and all. I don't even care who teaches it. Parenthood is a lesson just like anything else in life, and just like somethings, there are people who can't do it. We don't just give people the keys to a car and say "have at it", but yet anyone can raise a child. Its just sad really. That poor child.- music
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 01:05 AM) I like pretty much anything but Rap. Somehow it doesn't seem like music when all you hear is "f*** this" "f*** that". Then why would you ever post on SLaP???- Jason Giambi
QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 02:14 AM) I usually don't boo baseball players but guys who are on steroids deserve to be booed. And to think, all the Black Sox did was take some extra cash. They are heroes compared to these meatsocks. Not even close. One group took money to lose games, one group took drugs to win games. That is a HUGE difference to me. Doesn't mean I like the cheaters at all, but they didn't throw games.- Newborn tossed out of car window....
I'm starting to think instead of abstence or protection, they need to start teaching about adoption. This is just sick. - What would you change.....