American Dad over Arrested Development?!?!?

Purdue129

f*** Fox, Arrested Development is the best show on TV and American Dad f***ing sucked.

Did they even take into consideration the fact that American Dad aired right after the Simpsons which aired Right after the f***ing Super Bowl. Any piece of s*** show will get good ratings if its aired after the Super Bow.

QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Well, yes. But AD airs after the Simpsons every week and still gets mediocre ratings. Unfortunately, it's hardly been on this season it seems. They've had like eight episodes at most?

Ya but American Dad aired after the Super Bowl. Put Arrested Developement in that time slot and I guarentee it gets similar ratings.

QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Well, yes. But AD airs after the Simpsons every week and still gets mediocre ratings. Unfortunately, it's hardly been on this season it seems. They've had like eight episodes at most?

Yeah it's 8 or 9. Fox held back new episodes around the holidays and some of the football weekends.

Even Seinfeld got mediocre ratings it's first couple of seasons. Not trying to compare the two, but AD already has the Best Comedy Emmy under its belt. It's starting to catch on, but as you pointed out, it's hard for people to get hooked when there isn't a new episode every week.

I guess people are content with watching crap like Desperate Housewives.

Let's turn this into a AD favorite quotes thread.

On the next Arrested Development, Tobias gets a review of his Shakespeare play...

Tobias: I didn’t get into this business to please sophomore Tracy Schwartzman, so... onward and upward. On...

... moments later.

Tobias: (Crying.) Why, Tracy?! Why?!

My favorite episode of AD by far is Pier Pressure from season one. Gob gets the hot cops to scare George Micheal straight.

Gob: (about the hot cops) These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension till the last possible moment before they strip.

Michael: They're not going to strip, are they?

Gob: I told them not to, but I can't promise that their instincts won't kick in.

Gob: What? Oh, no! It's the cops! Oh! And a .. construction worker.

Actually, when you look at it I'd say Fox is making a pretty good decision. They are actually putting AD in a slot where it will get every chance possible. It will be behind Simpsons and before Family Guy which is probably the best slot a new show could get.

People are gonna definately be watching Family Guy and New episodes of the Simpsons is still new episodes of the Simpsons so its in a spot where it could succeed.

As far as AD goes, I just never really got into it. I'm assuming they'll move it around a bit and see if it catches but it did have a pretty good slot, imo.

too many "AD" abbreviations in this thread :bang

As for anyone that doesn't like or hasn't gotten into Arrested Development, try to find someone with the DVDs and start from the beginning. There are a ton of jokes, especially the last few episodes that most people wouldn't get if they hadn't seen the 1st season.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
too many "AD" abbreviations in this thread    :bang

As for anyone that doesn't like or hasn't gotten into Arrested Development, try to find someone with the DVDs and start from the beginning.  There are a ton of jokes, especially the last few episodes that most people wouldn't get if they hadn't seen the 1st season.

Yeah, good point..someone coming in midway prob won't get into it cause they won't know what happening...I love the show.

Sucks when quality shows get sub par ratings...

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
too many "AD" abbreviations in this thread    :bang

As for anyone that doesn't like or hasn't gotten into Arrested Development, try to find someone with the DVDs and start from the beginning.  There are a ton of jokes, especially the last few episodes that most people wouldn't get if they hadn't seen the 1st season.

Couldn't agree more. Starting anywhere but the beginning is wrong. I picked up season 1 at Target for 22 bucks. It then quickly surpassed CYE as my favorite sitcom.