Parting shots from Maggs

KevHead0881

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Sox fans greet Ordonez with an ovation for his years of service or with boos for rejecting what many believed was a fair offer? Ordonez was unsure.

"I hope the fans know I did my best for them, and they'll appreciate that," he said.

Pretty sure he's going to get booed...

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
I hope the greedy SOB hides his injury from the tiggers, puting up Borchard-like numbers, but appearing in enough games to guarantee his 7 year contract....

Good luck dealing with that s*** Dtroit.

Along with answering questions about his left knee, Ordonez will have to adjust to playing in a pitcher-friendly ballpark for the first time. Ordonez is a career .259 hitter at Comerica Park with only one home run in 135 at-bats.

I'd say there's a better chance than none of that happening.

This is just a sad ending. Maggs is still bitter that he turned down a guaranteed 70m from the sox, the Tigers contract sounds great, but if his knee is not healthy it's void after this year.

I was neutral before this on whether I would boo him or not, now I am going to make sure i get to the first Tigers series at the Cell and boo him until my throat hurts. Unreal. Completely ignoring the fact the Sox offered him fair contracts (and I don't want to hear the defered money excuse from him or his agent, Beltran had more defered money in his deal with little to no interest).

The fact he's crying that the Sox didn't offer him arbitration is insanity. Yeah sure Maggs, you had out of the country surgery, which is NOT approved in the U.S. (although Couch seems to think it's great because it's "becoming more accepted" in the U.S.) and your agent wouldn't show the Sox medical reports. So you expected them to give you 12-15m dollars for a player they couldn't look at?

s***, I even take the Cubs side on this one. He's hurt the Cubs didn't pursue him hard enough? Hey, you fooled one team into giving you a long-term deal, don't cry that it wasn't the team you wanted it to be.

And before the local Chicago media starts slobbing Detroit's knob about "improving" please look at their pitching staff... especially since Urbina's status is still up in the air with his mom's kidnapping.

"Basically we felt that where we wanted to go [contractually] wasn't in the ballpark of some of the offers. It was something that we thought the risk, for the length and dollars being offered, didn't make much sense."

Ordonez said he had no hard feelings for the Cubs.

"They have to do what they have to do," he said.

How much different is Hendry's response from Kennys?

Did Magglio honestly believe they'd offer arbitration without examining, or observing him workout? It's ridiculous Magglio spouts off against Sox management, while failing to acknowledge the risk of spending 12 million on a player recovering from knee surgery. I wouldn't expect him to publically acknowledge this risk; but merely understand our situation and remain quiet.

Detroit didn't forsee anything other clubs overlooked. They simply wet their pants at the notion of an unsuccessful offseason. Extra money laying around from the NHL strike has to be spent on something. :bang

Oh, and Magglio, when only one club offers a contract you term suitable, there's usually a reason. While Mets/Cubs weren't on record questioning your knee, it's obvious the problem is lingering in the minds of general mangers. Have fun in Comerica, buddy.

Personally...I'm sick of f***ing hearin about the guy. WHO GIVES A f***!!! He's gone...he's not on the Sox....he's a whiny, greedy little prick. I don't feel any sentiment whatsoever for the dude...did he ever carry the Sox on his back to a pennant?!? I couldn't give a f*** less what he does in Detroit...good for him and his fat contract....that those morons (the only ones who offered you s*** too) offered you. f*** him...case closed!

QUOTE(Beastly @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
All you guys aren't thinking of what he did when he was here. So he signed with another team? We got Dye to replace him, who is a gamble yet, a lot more versatile.

I will cheer when he comes back to Chicago.

Question for you Beastly. I know you're a Maggs fan, but do you think he's worth a 7 year deal for about $105 million considering Comerica Park isn't one of his favorite parks to hit in?

QUOTE(Beastly @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
All you guys aren't thinking of what he did when he was here. So he signed with another team? We got Dye to replace him, who is a gamble yet, a lot more versatile.

I will cheer when he comes back to Chicago.

It's easy to turn on someone when they go ahead and turn on you. It's like your dog that you raised biting your hand while feeding him, running to your neighbors, and viciously barking at you every time you walk past his fence. Maggs- :finger

His poor little feelings are hurt. It just seems like he can't believe that The Sox would have to view his medical records before bringing him back. Good thing KW isn't stupid.. I had no idea Maggs Comerica park numbers were so bad. I hope he and The Tigers are miserable in The AL Central cellar for many many years.