Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:17 AM) If I'm getting a full scholarship, my meals paid for, and my living arrangements paid for the NCAA restricting my ability to work would not matter to me one bit. How many jobs can you work while attending college that are worth in most cases well over $20,000 dollars? Academic scholarships get all of that as well, and they don't have to give up any of thier freedoms to work or transfer.
  2. QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:13 AM) Holy crap, we agree? I'm scared.
  3. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 12:02 PM) The only way to get real inside intelligence is "boots on the ground". I think you're the one missing the point. US"Do you you guys have anything you aren't supposed to?" Iran"No" US"Are you sure?" Iran"Yes"
  4. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:53 AM) This asshole needs to fry. Don't kill him right away though, in fact, keep him alive as long as possible while inflicting maximum pain. Unfortunately he picked Texas to kill someone in. He should getting his place in Huntsville anytime now.
  5. QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:53 AM) didnt robin ventura hit something like 0 for his first 40+ MLB atbats? just because he didnt have sucess in such a small sample size (19 at bats) dosent mean you dont give him a look and seriously consider his prior accomplishments.... even more so if your scouts are saying he could hack it in the leauge Robin had an 0-43 stretch early in his first full season in the bigs.
  6. QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:50 AM) I'm sure there will be plenty of people on this board saying that KW wasted money on Iguchi if he fails, namely Anthrax. And will be blaming him if he doesn't sign
  7. QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:30 AM) Castro was born on August 13, 1926, you are right on the mark. Bogie is playing with us I hope, because the history he gives is completely off the mark. Steff is correct also, only one child fathered by Capone to the best of anyones knowledge. Capone was infected with his disease as a teenager, which may have affected his overall fertility.
  8. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:18 AM) You may be right. Kind of like Indiana. Unless it is Sunday of course... :rolly
  9. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:36 AM) According to my super secret source (Bullard), the key is being roomate with Bull. Your last two Bull roomies: Jeff Baj, Matt Smith. Maybe he'll room with Bik if Smith is in Charlotte. Either that or if Bull is back in Birmingham, they had better put Brandon in that room
  10. QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:34 AM) we win we win... w00t! just posted on www.chisox.com we got him sorry, that was cold i was lying but thats what will happen... daniel son, wax on... wax off... we win... win off... what the f*** is this guy talking about? Don't you think it is a little early to be drinking?
  11. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 10:46 AM) I found this: I thought Capone died in prison. And BTW Minnie Minoso was born in 1922. Kinda makes it hard for Capone to see him play before his birth...
  12. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 10:17 AM) That translator is politically incorrect. It keeps calling the other Sox the "Lead" Socks. As slow as they were the Lead Socks might not be that bad of a discription...
  13. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    I liked it better 20 years ago when it was called "strange brew"
  14. Hopefully that poor girl is OK, and that gunshot wound was from her.
  15. QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 12:21 AM) I'm in total agreement here. I loved the early '90s pinstriped unis with no names. I still have my Ventura 23 with no name on the back. It is my favorite jersey I own.
  16. QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 08:02 AM) I don't have a problem with College players not getting paid. I have a problem with schools who rake in tons of cash, exploiting them to cash in even more. (Mich, ND football - MSU, Duke, IU basketball...) That's exactly how I feel. And then on top of it, the NCAA restricts their movement and ability to work.
  17. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 09:16 AM) I'm assuming if we got this deal done, payroll would be at about $75 million right? $73ish IIRC.
  18. Al Qaeda was just an example. Iran has had their own group of clerics stirring the pot ever since the Revolution in 1979. It isn't that big of a stretch to imagine groups of the same breed operating in Iran. They have had the same religious upbringings in the madrasses, they have had the same America=Satan lessons, they have watched the horrors of Iraq on Al Jazzera, there is plenty of hate there to fuel these kind of groups. And they don't have to be government sponsored or condoned. As long as the clerics in charge of purity approve, the government is impotent to stop them.
  19. QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 08:43 AM) Dates aside, which I didn't know off the top of my head, Capone didn't have a son named Minoso. I looked up the dates.... But I did know in the back of my head that Capone was dead before Minnie came around, but I thought it was more like 10 years apart. But I have no idea what his kids were named...
  20. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 08:43 AM) Get it done KW Welcome to Soxtalk
  21. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 08:29 AM) That's my thinking too. If KW's smart, he'll put in a team option for 2007 at about $4 million, which could be a bargain if Iguchi really hits well here. Throw in a buyout for 07 and it looks just like a Rick Hahn contract.
  22. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 08:01 PM) My favorite call was when he repeated himself over and over at Soxfest. :rolly 242 home runs....
  23. QUOTE(bogie @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 09:35 PM) Not true. He was Sox fan. He named one of his kids Minoso after Minnie. Um, just a little history lesson... Al Capone died in 1947. Minnie Minoso made his ML debut in August of 1949.
  24. If that's true, this deal will get done pretty quickly.
  25. QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 02:00 AM) I found this gem: soxfeelgood's blog That's as good of a reason as any to look into what your kid is doing on the internet. Or another good reason to beat your kids...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.