Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:45 PM) That's very debatable. Clemens=more wins, K's RJ=better ERA It is debatable. Johnson has pitched on a lot of bad teams, something that Rocket never really has done. But that list is just MHO really.
  2. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:36 PM) 2007 I believe. St Louis is 2006 right? I might try for that one as well...
  3. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:33 PM) Gimmie a few to look a little closer. Off the top of my head... Nolan Ryan Cy Young Sandy Kofax Christy Mathewson Walter Johnson Warren Spahn Steve Carlton Tom Seaver Randy Johnson I would have also put Pedro and Greg Maddux ahead of him from this generation on a career basis.
  4. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:27 PM) Yep, I've been to the last 3 in Indy. You been to any others Mike? Duke winning their first title under Coach K; AZ over UK and then State over FL. I'll be at the next one in Indy as well and maybe next year's, depending on whether or not I decide to go to ST next spring. (this year and last year I chose ST over the Final Four.) Nah that's the only one I have been to. I keep meaning to get in the lotteries for the close ones, and always forget. Indy is coming up again right?
  5. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:31 PM) All right I'll bite... Top ten without Clemens? Gimmie a few to look a little closer.
  6. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:24 PM) I've been to three final fours. Hope you plan on paying a premium for tickets if you are unable to get them through the NCAA. A lot of the seats are sold through the lottery which has already been held for this year's. Then a selected number is given to the schools, which they can dispurse at their discretion. Back in 1997, when UK played Arizona for the title, I was offered $1200 for my lower level seat and turned it down. Earlier in the weekend I was offered $2000 for tickets to all three games. I was offered about $500 back in 2000 for the Michigan St title game, which I obviously went to. Moral of the story is, pray you get tickets through the school. You were at the UK AZ final in Indy in 97? I was too.
  7. Watching the game. Nolan Ryan and Robin Ventura were my two favorite players of all time. It was wild.
  8. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:17 PM) Hey, why not try for $22M. Its a win-win. If they give it to him, he just cashed in at how old!? and if they don't, he hangs it up. Worth a shot. Clemens was the best pitcher I've ever seen; it was a pleasure watching his career. Top 10 pitcher of all time? Let the debate begin. First ballot HOFer, no doubt. Top 10 all time? No way in hell.
  9. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:08 PM) 22 per, 1 year Hmm how do I say this nicely? Oh wait, I don't :fyou :fyou :fyou
  10. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:03 PM) Ya, I thought he did good, minus what I term cheap shots at Jerry Manuel and Magglio. I mean Kenny was nothing but classy in regards to the Maggs issue and I just didn't like the way Farmer and even Hawk to a lesser extent try to so pull the company line. Only reason I'll make fun of Farmer a bit is because the guy needs to wear some socks :banghead Do all guys from Cali have that bad of a fashion sense, or is it just the ex-Hippies?
  11. $22 million for one year or two?
  12. QUOTE(KittleWalk83 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 05:59 PM) Thanks for the reply. I really didn't know who Mario was. I didn't need a smartass answer like somebody. That's just our Murcie. He's harmless and has a nice wiener.
  13. QUOTE(Chi Town Sox @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 05:48 PM) I havent been reading on the board to much but i heard today at work that the sox cubs tickets wont be sold individually this season. i think this is kind of ridiculous but i dont know someone please explain and if you know when tickets will come out. Thanks Because the ticket packages take them all up. There are none left. It was like this last year too...
  14. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 04:00 PM) Jesus, 3 hours later we finally get some food. Thats after server Gage grabs the menus to seat ourselves Well we know if that CPA proves to be too difficult, you have a future in food service... at least more of one than that horrible host.
  15. QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 04:01 PM) Zooks will be heading to Indiana...
  16. QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 03:01 PM) Dammit. i thought you looked familiar. I saw you waiting in line behind me for Pierzynski. I thought that was you, but wasn't exactly sure. I remember seeing you at the Tailgate against Boston, and you looked familiar. Oh well. Next time I'll give you a shout out. CWSOX45 Figures. When it comes to reconizing people and remembering names, I am horrible. I can remember all those details of this weekend, but I can't remember someone's name Such is me.
  17. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the pics of them working on the Scout Seating section. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...lpark/index.jsp
  18. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 02:21 PM) I thought this was funny too... Did Beltran's Agent Play Fair with Astros? He did the exact same things in the ARod negotiations.
  19. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 02:24 PM) I would pay to fire the entire management staff at Connie's Pizza. No doubt. That was the longest 30 minutes of my life
  20. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 02:20 PM) you yelling 'oh s***' while trying to stuff the stuff back in the backpack. good times, good times. I would pay for video of it. The stories were great all by themselves...
  21. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6819812/
  22. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 01:37 PM) The Twins are still the top dogs in the Central til we dethrone them. I agree 100%.
  23. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 01:22 PM) COuld you imagine how bad the defense on the right side of the infield would be with a Jurassic/Pauly tandem. Some guy at the Sunday Q&A suggested moving Pauly to 3rd and starting Frank at first. Now can you imagine starting Carl at 2nd on top of that?
  24. I believe that puts us right at $70 million or just a touch over.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.