Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Offseason Thread
NO one is throwing out runners if pitchers allow them to run freely.
-
César Prieto
Sounds like the Sox have a LOT of their Jan22 allocation spent between Colas and the 16 year old we have supposedly agreed with, along with the rest of the younger LA class. It could very well be that we need to offer Jan23 money to have a chance here. I have zero idea who has 22 money left.
-
Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference
That's one of those questions you have to ask yourself in life. Is my situation bad enough that I want to give up something to get something else. Been there, done that personally.
-
Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference
That's sure how I read, but again, I have no information the topic to speak with authority on the topic, nor will I pretend to.
-
Ozzie says intent doesn’t matter with Abreu beanings
Dead.
-
Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference
Like I said, I don't know anything, but if any of the rumblings of last year were taken personally, it would be an easy way out.
-
Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference
It would be really rough to have an owner willing to write huge checks for players.
-
Madrigal
Lance Lynn, obviously.
-
Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference
Theo wants to get into ownership.
-
Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference
They feel it is more toxic here with a 77 year manager making the decisions for the organization and not the EVP or GM, in theory.
-
Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference
Honestly? I think it would be B
- Madrigal
-
Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference
In the back of my mind, if there really is any truth the to the idea that Kenny/Rick had one plan last off season, and then Jerry intervened with TLR, this could be the chance for either of them to leave for a "Promotion" and not arouse a higher than normal level of questions about why they left now. I have ZERO idea how either man felt about Tony being put into the mix by Jerry, or if either/both might be interested in the Mets job, but it is a footnote worth taking at this stage of the off season.
-
Madrigal
I am curious, who was the last team to bench a TOR starter against a team in the playoffs because they didn't match up well during the regular season?
-
Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference
One really interesting thing to note is that the Mets are looking for a President of baseball ops, and we have at least one guy who has applied for those jobs in the past in Kenny Williams, and another one who interviewed for their GM job back in 2010 when he was still Ast GM of the Sox in Rick Hahn.
-
Ozzie says intent doesn’t matter with Abreu beanings
I hated the idea of bringing Ozzie back, but if the choice is Tony or Ozzie, I am #TeamOzzie all day.
-
Sox to pick up $16M Kimbrel option, per Nightengale. Then try to trade him.
The Sox weren't the only team interested. Tampa was really hot on his heels too.
-
Madrigal
He also would be the much rarer guy who isn't exactly what he has shown us for an injury history going back to college.
-
Ozzie says intent doesn’t matter with Abreu beanings
A series like this ends, and our manager is talking about a HBP. That's a darned shame.
-
Madrigal
None of that was actually said, but OK, I can at least agree with the last part.
-
Madrigal
They weren't patient with him. He was out with surgery for two years, so they didn't really have a choice. They DFA'd him when they did. They replaced him in the rotation multiple different times over those 6-7 years. Exactly like Madrigal. I would imagine if a situation came up where the Sox thought they could benefit by including Rodon in a deal during that time, they would have done it, but don't lose sight of the fact that the team was in talent accumulation mode when Rodon was out, versus win now mode now.
-
Madrigal
Thanks for the update.
-
Madrigal
Madrigal not being able to play 2B is exactly what caused the Hernandez trade. His not being able to play everyday is what got him included in the Kimbrel deal because then the Sox felt they wouldn't miss him. If he plays every day, neither is actually true.
-
Madrigal
He was also coming off of a major injury when we picked him. Rodon is a great example of what I am talking about. In seven years he qualified for the era title ONCE. Because Rodon didn't stay healthy or effective, we weren't patient, we had to keep adding more starting pitchers because we couldn't count on him. We even DFA'd him last year, and brought him back on a discount contract because no one else was willing to pay him decent money either.
-
Madrigal
Who they replaced him with is a different story, but at the same time, Nick Madrigal being hurt all of the time created the Ceasar Hernandez trade. If he plays 140 games, no trade.