Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dick Allen

Members

Everything posted by Dick Allen

  1. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:35 PM) Len & Bob are saying that Peavy has been yelling at Samardja Good for the Jakemeister, but this does happen everytime someone gets hit. I remember years ago the TV picking up Tim Hudson calling Buerhle a b**** for hitting someone with an 85 MPH heater on the butt.
  2. Farmio must be conflicted.
  3. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:24 PM) Samarjia now talking s*** from the dugout That's fine. You want him wound up. He's either going to be unhittable the rest of the day or meat.
  4. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:23 PM) Apparently he was yelling at Humber. I knew I hated him for a good reason. ND isn't a good reason?
  5. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:21 PM) Humber just threw at Lehair and go the warning At least part of the mission is accomplished. The Sox don't have to worry about being pitched inside the rest of the game.
  6. If anything, you show Smarjdkdj that pitching inside and hitting White Sox whether it was on purpose or not, can be harmful to himself or his teammates. It will get him off the inside edge.
  7. Throw over to first and hit him that way.
  8. I think only the Yankees have a better all time interleague record than the Sox
  9. QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:55 PM) Say that to the Philadelphia 76ers They were still playing the Bulls.
  10. QUOTE (iamshack @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:52 PM) It's not what you hit, it's when you hit it! I love Hawk, but the one thing I'm still trying to figure out, "It's not who you play, but when you play them". It doesn't make sense.
  11. QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:52 PM) lol, it's so stupid It really is. The more you think about it, the dumber it is. Things evolve. Its time the NL got with the program.
  12. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:49 PM) Cheapest tickets on StubHub today were $19 The majority of those were resales, so there are going to be empty seats. People aren't willing to pay the ridiculous face value prices they are putting on these tickets.
  13. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:47 PM) I saw tickets on facebook for half of face. I'm going Sunday for less than half, but I don't think many people want to put in the work. Phillies/Cubs tickets on stubhub were going for less than $10 for pretty decent seats. Face value on the Cubs website right now is ridiculous. I got club box for $39. On their website they are $136,
  14. Paying $100+ to see a baseball game in a dump is nuts.
  15. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:43 PM) Lots of empty seats for a Cubs/Sox game in perfect weather Don't tell caulfield
  16. I don't mind Brenly, but Kermit the Frog bugs me.
  17. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:30 PM) That was belt high fastball, right down the middle, and no movement. I take it he has never heard of Paul Konerko before? He was sound asleep when they used to mention he was the best fastball hitter on the team.
  18. Take a nap Smarjalsdkfrdk
  19. QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:19 PM) As a human being, I support this statement. Ditto.
  20. Not that the Sox probably care at all, I just don't understand why Smardkfgjsdajfds would make the comment he made yesterday. It really served no purpose.
  21. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:06 PM) Where is that happening? Its happening with fanbases everywhere. DRose shouldn't be playing he should be sitting, Dunn shouldn't be playing he might get hurt. Read fan comments anytime a significant player gets hurt, they shouldn't have been playing. The bottom line..........everyone might get hurt. They have been playing all of their lives, don't worry about it.
  22. We are in the era of sports where it is apparently preferrable to play your best players as little as possible in case they might get hurt and not be able to play at all.
  23. QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:57 AM) I can't read threads sometimes, which I know means I should not post...but stop me if this is a misread of the situation: Konerko was thought of very highly as a young-young player, in part due to his catching, and was drafted in the first round. When Viciedo was young-young, every team had a shot at him, and he did not command a giant initial contract....thus him developing into a Paulie would be quite the shock down the road. But also not as much was known about him. As a teen he got $10 million, more than double what Alexei Ramirez received.
  24. QUOTE (iamshack @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:42 AM) No. I haven't argued he isn't worth anything. I've argued that we should trade him when he gets hot for something else we value. The common answer to that is that he doesn't have a lot of value on the trade market. To which I asked, why? But you're saying his "value" will increase because he gets hot, implying in the long run he'll never be "worth" more than he will be after a hot streak now. So you have taken the same argument, but just the opposite position, and if the premise of the argument is silly, then both sides would be silly. I think its logical to hang on to your best young players when you are rebuilding unless you are offerred something crazy or unless they have some issues like Delmon Young had/has issues.
  25. QUOTE (iamshack @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:41 AM) No, you're right, he doesn't...but if he goes on a hot streak for a prolonged amount of time and starts raising awareness, he could certainly be valuable by the trade deadline. Part of what you guys are saying though is humorous to me...Viciedo doesn't have all that much value on the market, but you'd be crazy to trade a guy with these kind of skills! Well which is it? Why is his value what it is on the market? If he is such an incredible hitting prospect, why do the rest of the scouts not see it? But then isn't saying get rid of him because he won't pan out and expecting anything decent in return the same thing?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.