Everything posted by 35thstreetswarm
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Perhaps he, like me, has the ability to alter the team's performance based on which hat he chooses to wear, which room he chooses to watch the game from, etc. It's a lot of pressure in its own right.
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Interesting, having been there in '21 (but not this time.) In some ways you might expect there to have been more support back then, given that it was an easy division winner and a team people considered more "solid" and expected. But on the other hand it's the out-of-nowhere aspect of this team that makes it so appealing.
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gear
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I don't think that's bandwagon-y. You can be a Sox fan and not fill Jerry's pockets by packing the Rate during 100-loss seasons. Sox fans reward the team with their attendance when they're good, and stay away when they're bad, and I've always respected that about our fanbase. I know tons of hard core Sox fans who are among those who returned to the Rate this Summer. I myself am a certified, lifelong White Sox sicko who went from season ticket-holder in 2022 to boycotting the Rate for a couple of years, to coming back strong in 2026. I too welcome new fans. I have more complicated thoughts about the casual, condescending Cub fan pseudo-support that materializes during Sox playoff runs.
-
Playoff game times
Sucks. Night playoff game at the Rate in 2021 was electric. We’ll get none.
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
It would be cool to live in a world where it's easy and free to watch games, rather than one where people compete to match their skill in scrambling to navigate the ridiculous barriers extractive streaming services place in front of consumers' ability to cheer on their local team.
-
ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
I fear that Martin succeeding and overcoming odds may no longer be the Lord's plan; if the pope is on here, any insight?
-
WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
I have to laugh at all these cut/pasted percentage figures all season long that just give the conventional wisdom of the masses the illusion of hard, objective data. Conventional wisdom is that conventional wisdom is conventional---but put a decimal point in there somewhere
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
...not to mention we won the head-to-head season series. Maybe that gets a mention when we are going into, you know, a head-to-head series?
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
...In other news, F the Cubs. Relatedly, I know this place is home to a small sub-contingent of fans who have managed to maintain a sour mood-level as their baseline throughout one of the most out-of-nowhere, blissful, and odds-defying sports seasons in my lifetime -- a feat of negativity many would consider impossible. I'd love to deploy this elite strike force of uber-haters to assess the team to our immediate north. How pissed would you be if you were a Cub fan? If, instead of being in like year -1 of a rebuild with a bottom of the barrel payroll and a bunch of baby players, your team was your star-studded finished product? With its big-name manager, big-name free agent signings, and high payroll...and still couldn't get past the first round? Or compete for a mere division past June EVER? Would you call for players to be arrested? Executed? Help me - unleash your powers for good.
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
the truce is off and I’m here for it
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
…only if he has 8 grandparents 😆
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Where’s that thread where one poster continues to try and argue we lost the Crochet trade…
-
WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
So was I. Not relevant to the post I was responding to, though, which said they won game 1, which they did not.
-
WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Sox lost game 1 in 2021 I was there
-
WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Not to mention 2021
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
What a nightmare start for the cubs 😆
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Thank you for staying on topic and following through on a single, discrete, coherent point. You’re doing god’s work and are appreciated.
-
WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Women weaken legs
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Genuine question: how the hell do I watch these games? Edit: I guess I do get NBCSN. Didn't even know I had it. This is indeed ridiculous, though.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
No openers, please. Lots of relievers have struggled in that role. It's not working. Sandlin or Fedde.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I like it. Last four series of the year against a team from Houston, a late-surging Cleveland squad, Boston, and a team from LA. (Just a slightly different order)!
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Excellent question - is this from an actual source or more copy/pasted AI slop?
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Yes -- let's be the travesty that forces baseball to change its playoff format!
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
We do have the better team now. Hope that translates into actual wins, but it's a better feeling than 2021. I went to Houston for those games, but had the gnawing knowledge in the back of my mind the whole time that they outclassed us in every aspect of the game.